What's new

History of China

Historical maps of East Asia, South Asia and regions in between :

1827_map.jpg

Not sure about accuracy of the first map circa 1827, the cartographer claimed that Tibet ruled lands that now part of N. E. Bangladesh and the ones that now border eastern Bangladesh

map_afinley01_md.jpg

map_gdelisle01_md.jpg

map_hindoostan01_md.jpg

map_petrovander01_md.jpg

Source

did Really Chinese invented "PAPER" ??

my Hello to all Chinese i do respect their culture , history and a more Bright Future
:pakistan::china:
:smitten:

Historical maps of East Asia, South Asia and regions in between :

Not sure about accuracy of the first map circa 1827, the cartographer claimed that Tibet ruled lands that now part of N. E. Bangladesh and the ones that now border eastern Bangladesh

Yeah, Thats right the Tufan empire was at its height in the early 8th century and ruled much of Nepal, northern India, and what is now Bangladesh. And they even conquered Skardu, and Gilgit valley in northern Pakistan before the Chinese Tang Dynasty sent troops to southern Chitral in northwest Pakistan, where they replaced the pro-Tibet ruler.

That was i think one of those few centuries when Tibet was independent of China otherwise it has always been an integral part of Chinese empire.

Toba ruled north China, they did. we call them 鲜卑(xianbei) or 拓跋鲜卑(tuoba or toba xianbei). They created wei empire(we call it as beiwei/ North wei?). Finally, Wei was insteaded by Sui empire.
That period is a darkness and chao age. There were no law, freedom and justice etc , but blood, iron and death.

Hi, thanks for responding. Yes, I think that Toba and Xianbei might be the same thing, but I do not know all the names for the Toba. I have read books that also call them as T'o-po or Tabgac. I have not heard the Toba being associated with Wei; I thought Wei was one of the Three Kingdoms, which later became the Western Chin dynasty? The Toba Empire ruled North China from 385-550 C.E. and eventually expanded south to Loyang.

However, there was a smaller Toba state that emerged after their first migration from the region between north Mongolia and north Manchuria. This first Toba state was called the Tai state, and existed from 338-376 C.E. I have tried to learn more about this interesting state, but I was unable to find much information.

and the Tibetan ruler Fu-chen, who forged an empire in the same area after the Toba weakened?
I dont know who is this fu-chen. 苻坚(fu jian)?

Yes, I think Fu Jian is the same person. I am using an old history book, and it uses the name Fu-Chien.

Yeah, Thats right the Tufan empire was at its height in the early 8th century and ruled much of Nepal, northern India, and what is now Bangladesh. And they even conquered Skardu, and Gilgit valley in northern Pakistan before the Chinese Tang Dynasty sent troops to southern Chitral in northwest Pakistan, where they replaced the pro-Tibet ruler.

That was i think one of those few centuries when Tibet was independent of China otherwise it has always been an integral part of Chinese empire.

Not Northern India, but Bengal they did.

url

Tibet was independent of China otherwise it has always been an integral part of Chinese empire.

No, not really. It was pretty much always independent from the Han Chinese all the way into recent history. It was the Mongols and the Manchurians that invaded and conquered the Hans along with the Tibetans.

Wei Yuan : a Qing period magistrate and writer of several important books including the "Supplementary Account of the Gurkhas" : Link , Link

Back
Top Bottom