What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

Interesting. I just watch a documents showing that an ethnic group in NorthWest VN also have the same type of rice, but with 7 colors. The clothe is different though.
there some similar food between VN&Guangxi,like rice dumpling,rice noodles

Germany got defeated, so they were forced to split with Austria.

Try to defeat China first before talking like you own South China.

And let me telling you, the difference between South Chinese and North Chinese is actually smaller than that between South Germans and North Germans.

So you can keep dreaming, no sane people from China will support South China being a different entity from China.

every comparission is relative, bro. Today German, Austria and England is part of Euro zone. but identity is different.

I wander about Scotland, people there would like to split from UK.

I wander about Scotland, people there would like to split from UK.

Most Scottish people think themselves as the Celtic folks, which is different from the English people as the Germanic folks.

However, most South Chinese think themselves as Han same as the North Chinese, so invalid comparison here.

Most Scottish people think themselves as the Celtic folks, which is different from the English people as the Germanic folks.

However, most South Chinese think themselves as Han same as the North Chinese, so invalid comparison here.

problem is the thinking is different.

I thought you want to tell us nowadays VN happiness life and southern CN people miserable life hrough history.

No, bro.

there some similar food between VN&Guangxi,like rice dumpling,rice noodles
is the avatar yourself? just curious, have you ever been to VN? we have more things in common than just rice noodles :haha:

slave of Manchurian to 1911, of Japanese to 1945, UK and Portugal to 1999 has his wet dream. :sarcastic::sarcastic:
pls have mercy on the han chinese. their history was very ugly in the past 200 years, no, longer, since the fall of the ming.

Guangdong Guangxi, Yunan ...or south china land was invaded and robbed by Han Chinese. There is not native land of Hua Xia.
Southern China wasn't the native land of Huaxia neither was it Vietnamese,all civilizations expand if they have the military might Vietnam is no different.

Northern Han and southern Han don't shared same blood line.
How many lies do I have to bust?

Explain why craniological studies show that modern day Southern Han cluster the closest to the Hua of Zhou-Western Jin as well as Y haplogroup proportions show that Fujianese Han cluster with Henan Han.

It is joker when southern chinese were conquered by Han Chinese from north China, you are slaves of Han Chinese.

It is inferior mentality when you labeled yourself that you are Han in ethnicity. :disagree:
Except southern Chinese are not the same as the Baiyue,they are descendants of Hua/Han males and native women.

Are central or southern Vietnamese slaves of northern Vietnamese because their lands used to be inhabited by Chams,Khmers and Chinese?

It is big misunderstand bro. In the past Vietnamese used Han Zi to writing, so all clan name or surname has been interpreted in to Chinese to writing.Originally Le, Ly Lao ... were origin clan name of people who lived south china in ancient time, this people were no-Hua.

It doesn't mean that Vietnamese are southern Han Chinese in origin.

When I say that Van Lang ancient country of Vietnamese, territory is located in South China, Chinese member here on PDF don't agree with me.

Vietnamese speak Mon/Khmer language when Chinese speak Sino-Tibetan language.
Except that all your surnames originated in China,NiceGuy tried to claim otherwise and I showed him that there are Shang era bronzes referencing those names.

Except historically Northern Han as well as Southern Han have been migrating to Vietnam,while Han Chinese don't have Vietnamese blood.

You don't have any proof Van Lang existed or that it ruled southern China,we've been over this before you are academically dishonest.

Vietnamese spoke a variant of Chinese throughout history which explains why there are so many Chinese words in modern day Vietnamese languages.

I am talking about the recent more modern history. VNese ancient history was passed down orally, and details were lost or changed for the convinience. You are fine to argue with us about that. I don't think they hold much credibility either ways. But it was true that our ancestors once lived in Southern China, and started moving south after the Han civilization expanded.
Except Vietnamese parade it as the truth and seek to claim southern China as their own ie Rechoice,if they were from southern China they wouldn't be called Vietnamese now would they.

Wrong analogy, you compare North Chinese and South Chinese is like comparing North Germans and South Germans.

North Germans: pure Germanics
South Germans: Germanics/Celts mix

North Chinese: pure Huaxia
South Chinese: Huaxia/Baiyue mix

Can you say that South Germans are not Germans? LMAO
Neither northern or southern Han are pure anymore,nor are Han Chinese pure in the first place.

Last edited:
Southern China wasn't the native land of Huaxia neither was it Vietnamese,all civilizations expand if they have the military might Vietnam is no different.

How many lies do I have to bust?

Explain why craniological studies show that modern day Southern Han cluster the closest to the Hua of Zhou-Western Jin as well as Y haplogroup proportions show that Fujianese Han cluster with Henan Han.

Except southern Chinese are not the same as the Baiyue,they are descendants of Hua/Han males and native women.

Are central or southern Vietnamese slaves of northern Vietnamese because their lands used to be inhabited by Chams,Khmers and Chinese?

Except that all your surnames originated in China,NiceGuy tried to claim otherwise and I showed him that there are Shang era bronzes referencing those names.

Except historically Northern Han as well as Southern Han have been migrating to Vietnam,while Han Chinese don't have Vietnamese blood.

You don't have any proof Van Lang existed or that it ruled southern China,we've been over this before you are academically dishonest.

Vietnamese spoke a variant of Chinese throughout history which explains why there are so many Chinese words in modern day Vietnamese languages.

Except Vietnamese parade it as the truth and seek to claim southern China as their own ie Rechoice,if they were from southern China they wouldn't be called Vietnamese now would they.

Neither northern or southern Han are pure anymore,nor are Han Chinese pure in the first place.

North Chinese are slightly purer than South Chinese in term of the mother side, since they have more Han mother side than having that of the southern aborigines.

Last edited:
Wrong analogy, you compare North Chinese and South Chinese is like comparing North Germans and South Germans.

North Germans: pure Germanics
South Germans: Germanics/Celts mix

North Chinese: pure Huaxia
South Chinese: Huaxia/Baiyue mix

Can you say that South Germans are not Germans? LMAO

I am not sure if northern Chinese are more Huaxia than the southern ones. In fact the reverse might be very true.

Around "16 kingdoms of the 5 Hus" period (五胡十六国, 309AD-439AD), huge amount of Hans, especially those of well educated and wealthy, fled northern China and moved to the south, due to the chaotic situation caused by 5 Hu (barbarians). Those migrants brought to the south not only the Han population, but also the advanced civilization (technologies, culture, tradition, etc.).

Whereas, in the north, those "Barbarians" ran amuck in killing and slaughtering. One of the Hu called Jie actually had the tradition of eating human flesh. Han population was greatly diluted in North. Historian Fan Wenlan in his <<Chinese General History>> (4 Volumes) depicted this period as "groups of beasts inter-fighting in madness".:( It was the south that had more "pure" Han people and more "standard" Chinese culture at that time.

Some smart Hu, such as 刘渊 of Zhao (前赵), who was a Xiongnu, realized that killing Han did not help protect their establishment. Rather, they needed to hire Han people and learn advanced Han cultures, many times following the examples of the Southern Dynasties. Ironically, some of the northern Hus started with an intention to assimilate Han in to their group of national, they instead were finally assimilated into Han. I think the reasons are many but vital ones are that their culture was backward, and they did not have their writing system/language so they had to adopt Chinese language in writing.

In a positive tone, as one Chinese scholar said, thanks to Han cultures, our ancestors were having the name/attributes with weeds, insects, and animals, now we have removed them. ( But, some of the unfortunate people in this forum haven't)

You can refer to various well established studies on this subject. See for instance Sixteen Kingdoms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia quote:"By 317 AD, Jin forces had been completely driven out of North China. An attempt to recover the Central China plain under general Zu Ti (祖逖) was initially successful in recovering all of Henan and Shandong but ended with Zu's death in 321 AD"

Last edited:
I am not sure if northern Chinese are more Huaxia than the southern ones. In fact the reverse might be very true.

Around "16 kingdoms of the 5 Hus" period (五胡十六国, 309AD-439AD), huge amount of Hans, especially those of well educated and wealthy, fled northern China and moved to the south, due to the chaotic situation caused by 5 Hu (barbarians). Those migrants brought to the south not only the Han population, but also the advanced civilization (technologies, culture, tradition, etc.).

Whereas, in the north, those "Barbarians" ran amuck in killing and slaughtering. One of the Hu called Jie actually had the tradition of eating human flesh. Han population was greatly diluted in North. Historian Fan Wenlan in his <<Chinese General History>> (4 Volumes) depicted this period as "groups of beasts inter-fighting in madness".:( It was the south that had more "pure" Han people and more "standard" Chinese culture at that time.

Some smart Hu, such as 刘渊 of Zhao (前赵), who was a Xiongnu, realized that killing Han did not help protect their establishment. Rather, they needed to hire Han people and learn advanced Han cultures, many times following the examples of the Southern Dynasties. Ironically, some of the northern Hus started with an intention to assimilate Han in to their group of national, they instead were finally assimilated into Han. I think the reasons are many but vital ones are that their culture was backward, and they did not have their writing system/language so they had to adopt Chinese language.

In a positive tone, as one Chinese scholar said, thanks to Han cultures, our ancestors were having the name/attributes with weeds, insects, and animals, now we have removed them.

You can refer to various well established studies on this subject. See for instance Sixteen Kingdoms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia quote:"By 317 AD, Jin forces had been completely driven out of North China. An attempt to recover the Central China plain under general Zu Ti (祖逖) was initially successful in recovering all of Henan and Shandong but ended with Zu's death in 321 AD"

So, we are descendants of barbarians? :rofl:

Some smart Hu, such as 刘渊 of Zhao (前赵), who was a Xiongnu, realized that killing Han did not help protect their establishment. Rather, they needed to hire Han people and learn advanced Han cultures, many times following the examples of the Southern Dynasties. Ironically, some of the northern Hus started with an intention to assimilate Han in to their group of national, they instead were finally assimilated into Han. I think the reasons are many but vital ones are that their culture was backward, and they did not have their writing system/language so they had to adopt Chinese language in writing.

In a positive tone, as one Chinese scholar said, thanks to Han cultures, our ancestors were having the name/attributes with weeds, insects, and animals, now we have removed them. ( But, some of the unfortunate people in this forum haven't)

From the genetic perspective, they are slightly closer to the original Huaxia.

And there are also many back emigration. Take Xi Jinping for example, his ancestors during the Song Dynasty has fled to Jiangxi from North China, but started from the Ming Dynasty, his ancestors moved back to Henan again.

Many modern North Chinese also descended from this back emigration wave, that's why they also carry the mtDNA of the southern aborigines, albeit less than the modern South Chinese.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom