What's new

HK-417 seems likely replacement for G-3

Jigs this one looks different from the original HK , any upgrades?

I mentioned some of the changes i noticed. I have not heard of any internal changes being made the HK-416/17 are quite reliable.

MKE was visited by Gul. Where he was told about the rifle dubbed Mehmetcik-2.

Difference seem to be the production of the rifle. Which looks to use metal injection molding to save costs rather then forging. A different metal alloy may be used for this process as well on different parts of the rifle. Also a small foregrip has been added right in front of the magazine. Changes to the rail system also have been made.

Nothing has been made official yet but seeing MKEs interest in both the HK-416 and later the HK-417(along with small modifications and renaming) single that induction of both of these rifles may be seen soon.

4598a306.jpg

391f19f4.jpg

b8f8459b.jpg

thank god the gun is empty .that guy is pointing like he means busness ;)

Gul is cool man, look how comfortable he is with the rifle :)

Those polymer magazines are replacing the metal ones. Also if anyone is wondering the Sniper Rifle on the table is the JNG-90. It is in production and has been exported to Azerbaijan (Not sure on the exact numbers though)

This rifle isn't hk 417.There are many differences. if you say it is hk 417, you should look AR 15 , m16 and Hk series. These rifles all have similar shape, similar machanism.

This rifle isn't hk 417.There are many differences. if you say it is hk 417, you should look AR 15 , m16 and Hk series. These rifles all have similar shape, similar machanism.

This rifle is a HK-417. Putting modifications on it like a foregrip and different rail system doesn't make it something else.MKE picked it because of the short-stroke piston that doesn't feed propllent gas into the reciever which in turn increases durability and reliability. It is not a AR-15 and not a M-16. The reason why the AR-15 and M-16 look the same is because the AR-15 is a civilian variant of the M-16. M-16 and HK-417 do not have similar shapes or mechanisms or calibers. You can call it Mehmetcik 2 if you want but to say it isn't a 417 is not true.

This rifle is a HK-417. Putting modifications on it like a foregrip and different rail system doesn't make it something else.MKE picked it because of the short-stroke piston that doesn't feed propllent gas into the reciever which in turn increases durability and reliability. It is not a AR-15 and not a M-16. The reason why the AR-15 and M-16 look the same is because the AR-15 is a civilian variant of the M-16. M-16 and HK-417 do not have similar shapes or mechanisms or calibers.

I agree ... This is a hk417 but there are some modifications which are ordered by Turkish army. I would magazine could load 30 bullets !!!

I agree ... This is a hk417 but there are some modifications which are ordered by Turkish army. I would magazine could load 30 bullets !!!

The magazine on the one gul is holding is a 20 round one. There is a 50 round optional drum magazine for it though. MKE could produce that. It is a great rifle and a understandable replacement to the aging G-3. I hope everything goes well and it is put in service.

AAEC001397-1.jpg

Damn! This is such a great picture.

Nice job on picking the HK-417 and keeping the higher kinetic energy caliber. But I think a 'face palm' is in order for MKE's trying to fool everyone by saying it's "Turkish designed" and naming it Mehmetcik-2 just by adding a curvy foregrip.

:no:

Back
Top Bottom