What's new

Hong Kong police question villagers in hunt for evidence as search for Abby Choi’s missing body parts draws blank

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
China

ong Kong police returned to a Tai Po village on Wednesday to interview residents as they gathered more evidence into the gruesome killing of socialite Abby Choi Tin-fung, whose torso and hands remain missing.
Officers knocked on the doors of residents in Lung Mei Tsuen, asking if they heard noises or saw anyone suspicious in the neighbourhood on February 21.
Choi, 28, was believed to have been murdered last week, with the suspects accused of dismembering her body in a 500 sq ft flat in the scenic New Territories village.
Do you have questions about the biggest topics and trends from around the world? Get the answers with SCMP Knowledge, our new platform of curated content with explainers, FAQs, analyses and infographics brought to you by our award-winning team.

Police officers speak to a resident of Lung Mei Tsuen on Wednesday. Photo: Elson Li
Police officers speak to a resident of Lung Mei Tsuen on Wednesday. Photo: Elson Li© Provided by South China Morning Post
Her skull and several ribs were retrieved on Sunday, while police are searching a landfill in Ta Kwu Ling for the missing body parts, but in vain so far.
The recently rented flat, on the ground floor of a three-storey house, remains cordoned off. Bouquets of chrysanthemum and apples as offerings have been left nearby.
About a dozen officers from the Kowloon West regional crime unit descended on the village on Wednesday morning before dividing into smaller teams to speak to locals. Some residents helped the investigators by providing footage from cameras installed in cars and their homes.

Related video: Ex-husband among those charged with murder of Hong Kong model (cbc.ca)
Abby Choy was a social media influencer. With more than
Loaded: 30.39%

Pause
Current Time 0:02
/
Duration 1:58

HQ
Captions
Fullscreen

AAxlkGy.img
cbc.ca
Ex-husband among those charged with murder of Hong Kong model
Unmute

View on Watch

Hong Kong police to resume search for Abby Choi’s body parts on Wednesday

Retiree Mrs Chan said police asked her several questions, including whether she had heard any noises or seen any suspicious activity or people on Tuesday last week.
“I heard nothing and went to sleep early at 9pm that night,” said Chan, 65, a resident of the village for more two decades who lives with her husband and a grandson.
Four former family members of Choi were earlier arrested for their alleged roles in the murder. They were remanded in custody after appearing in court on Monday on charges of murder and perverting the course of justice.

Flowers and apples have been left near the house where Abby Choi’s body was allegedly dismembered. Photo: Elson Li
Flowers and apples have been left near the house where Abby Choi’s body was allegedly dismembered. Photo: Elson Li© Provided by South China Morning Post
While news of the case had put Lung Mei Tsuen in the limelight, it had also scared off some visitors, restaurant operators said.
The village, in the shadow of the scenic Pat Sin Leng mountain range, is known for a nearby artificial beach and for being a top choice for barbecuing, cycling and alfresco dining.

Abby Choi’s ex-relative owned both subsidised flat and luxury property in Hong Kong

An employee at Star Restaurant, which offers Japanese cuisine, said visitor numbers had fallen by two-thirds in the past few days.
“We normally have families who come with kids for hiking and dining, but they did not appear in the past few days probably because of the horrific news,” the worker said, pointing to empty tables at 12.30pm and a car park in front of the restaurant that was only one-third filled.
More from South China Morning Post:
For the latest news from the South China Morning Post download our mobile app. Copyright 2023.

A big problem of HK is the UK abolish death penalties.

Also today, western law system is increasingly incompatible with moral values. Western legal system is EVIL.

A big problem of HK is the UK abolish death penalties.

Also today, western law system is increasingly incompatible with moral values. Western legal system is EVIL.
dude, you obviously have no idea what Prison is like.....you are not talking about those minimum sec "Holiday Villa" type pen, you are talking about maximum security murderer type pen.

I can tell you this, if you go down with this type of crime, you probably wish that they kill you with death penalty than sitting in a 2 x 8 23 hours a day in protective custody.

Prisoner don't like 3 types of prisoner, child killer, rapist, and notorious criminal, I worked in the LE long enough to know whoever go down with this is going to be looking at butt r@pe 3 times a day in a cell if they were in a general population.

If you want a criminal to pay, you put him in jail and toss out the keys, killing them by death penalty is more mercy than taking away someone's freedom for life.

dude, you obviously have no idea what Prison is like.....you are not talking about those minimum sec "Holiday Villa" type pen, you are talking about maximum security murderer type pen.

I can tell you this, if you go down with this type of crime, you probably wish that they kill you with death penalty than sitting in a 2 x 8 23 hours a day in protective custody.

Prisoner don't like 3 types of prisoner, child killer, rapist, and notorious criminal, I worked in the LE long enough to know whoever go down with this is going to be looking at butt r@pe 3 times a day in a cell if they were in a general population.

If you want a criminal to pay, you put him in jail and toss out the keys, killing them by death penalty is more mercy than taking away someone's freedom for life.

The victim's ex-in law is a retired police officer who knows very well what prison is like. Obviously he is not deterred. And no, HK needs to reintroduce the death penalty.

The victim's ex-in law is a retired police officer who knows very well what prison is like. Obviously he is not deterred. And no, HK needs to reintroduce the death penalty.

Well, First of all, I am not against death penalty, I used to be a PA Cop, and PA have death penalty. Wouldn't be a cop there if I have any issue with Capital Punishment

I am saying if you really want to punish people, you put them in jail for life, killing them is too easy, it's what? 15 minutes of pain? Try living without purpose and knowing you can do nothing in your life other than living, nay, existing in this 2 x 8 hole 23 hours a day, that's worse than death, and that's before you become a jailhouse mary.....

And if his in law were ex-cop, then HE REALLY DON'T KNOW what prison is like. I will give you a little hint, prisoner don't like cops, nor their family.

And also, HK Cop, unlike US Cop, don't guard jail or pen, it's the job for Correctional Service, in the US, you do both if you are a sheriff deputy. So I wouldn't say you know what's a jail is like if you were a cop in Hong Kong.

UK is the 2nd most evil country in the world. First is US.

Just before 1997, UK started massive corruption of HK moral and legal system. The more evil the criminal is, the more monies court will pay to evil guy as compensation. Then the corrupt judge and lawyer will tell the peasants that they are stupid, the most important thing is procedural justice, not moral value or justice.

Even Satan can be innocent if the judge decide so.

FK the western legal system.

1677718840418.png

UK is the 2nd most evil country in the world. First is US.

Just before 1997, UK started massive corruption of HK moral and legal system. The more evil the criminal is, the more monies court will pay to evil guy as compensation. Then the corrupt judge and lawyer will tell the peasants that they are stupid, the most important thing is procedural justice, not moral value or justice.

Even Satan can be innocent if the judge decide so.

FK the western legal system.

View attachment 918420
Please DO NOT derail my topic, you are free to open your own thread about how "Evil" western legal system is if you have any legal knowledge, otherwise this is not the topic to discuss this.

@waz @LeGenD

The more I studies western legal system and all the cases, it become very clear that this system is to "protect bad people" and enrich corrupt legal professionals including judges and lawyers.

This system emphasis the rights of the criminals, which in other words, heavily penalizes the victims.

Then MSM and elites start shouting "procedural justice" is higher than God. Rather pardon Satan to serve procedural justice. Everyone got massively brainwash.

This is the most corrupt system in the world.

The traditional Chinese system in some way is more superior. The imperial Chinese legal system is to seek justice.

dude's lucky to be caught in HK. if it was the mainland he would be fried on the electric chair.

dude's lucky to be caught in HK. if it was the mainland he would be fried on the electric chair.

Many extremely evil people are released from jail after serving couple of years. They judges always say "love" is important.

HK judges never align with justice or the harm suffered by victims.

99% of HK judges deserve to go to hell.

Many extremely evil people are released from jail after serving couple of years. They judges always say "love" is important.

HK judges never align with justice or the harm suffered by victims.

99% of HK judges deserve to go to hell.
even worse is the fact that if he made it to Taiwan on that speedboat, he wouldn't have to face justice at all.

This story is crazy to me. I know one person can be rotten but the whole family rotten to the core is something else.

Fking hong kong judge and lawyers.

3 man tortured, raped and killed and dismembered a girl in duration of one month. Then HK judge say, one of the murderer Leung Shing-cho, remorsed, and set him free after some years in prison.

All other murderer shout "me repented".

The murderer were not even convicted of MURDER.

Fking law.

And elites want us to believe law is fair.

1677742387265.png

Last edited:
Well, First of all, I am not against death penalty, I used to be a PA Cop, and PA have death penalty. Wouldn't be a cop there if I have any issue with Capital Punishment

I am saying if you really want to punish people, you put them in jail for life, killing them is too easy, it's what? 15 minutes of pain? Try living without purpose and knowing you can do nothing in your life other than living, nay, existing in this 2 x 8 hole 23 hours a day, that's worse than death, and that's before you become a jailhouse mary.....

And if his in law were ex-cop, then HE REALLY DON'T KNOW what prison is like. I will give you a little hint, prisoner don't like cops, nor their family.

And also, HK Cop, unlike US Cop, don't guard jail or pen, it's the job for Correctional Service, in the US, you do both if you are a sheriff deputy. So I wouldn't say you know what's a jail is like if you were a cop in Hong Kong.

Your assumption only true with police that actually does police work, not realizing that there are plenty of HK cops that have a cooperative relation with the triad, or even paid for by the triads.

Your assumption only true with police that actually does police work, not realizing that there are plenty of HK cops that have a cooperative relation with the triad, or even paid for by the triads.
What's that have to do with anything?

I was a cop, I know a lot of mobsters, wise guy, OG, people who are "white" will know "black", you got to, and if you are fair, they respect you for it, and I am saying it in Chinese, so I am not talking about race.

But what that have to do with my point being HK Cop won't know about how Prison works? I know a few cops and a correction officer from Hong Kong, in fact a very good school friend of mine was an undercover cop in Hong Kong, who was investigating the triad for some time, I went to High School with both of them. Just because you know some criminal, that does not mean you know how Prison system works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom