What's new

How Al-Jazeera became a propaganda tool

As a matter of fact it's anti everything, everyone thinks that it's targeting his country or his sect.

Even you? :woot:
Apparently all people think it's targeting him including me...:lol:

Read the book propaganda by edward bernays. After aljazeera lost a couple of reporters in palestine and iraq, it literally owned the heart and the mind of average arabian families. others like myself lost trust in this channel but only recently. The arab "spring" would never happen if it was not for america, american controlled google, and american controlled aljazeera, and of course above all, Allah's well.

Al Jazeera sucks, it always make a report on Indonesia from the dark point of view, even the good news become a fuked up news. Filming about matters in Papua without even mentioning Indonesia's point of view, calling Indonesia as a bar bar colonialist based on simple presumption.

That's how they see Indonesia, no wonder if Israel, China, and other non Arab countries are being reported as backward barbar communities too. Based on Al Jazeera, Arabian countries are the saint and the most civilized people on earth.

(No offense to Arabian members)

OMG, not true at all, for instance they portray our regime as if it was Nazi, in case of demonstrations they over exaggerated them. I have never seen Aljazeera praising Jordan or any other Arab countries except for Qatar off course.

Read the book propaganda by edward bernays. After aljazeera lost a couple of reporters in palestine and iraq, it literally owned the heart and the mind of average arabian families. others like myself lost trust in this channel but only recently. The arab "spring" would never happen if it was not for america, american controlled google, and american controlled aljazeera, and of course above all, Allah's well.

I don't like it either, and confused of Qatari real intentions.

Even you? :woot:
Apparently all people think it's targeting him including me...:lol:

See guys? it's anti Saudi as well.

Nah, not that anti, I have never seen any special premier show about Saudi kings and how they run Saudi Arabia from the dark point of view where words like Colonialist and simple judgmental words are being used. They got a special premier show about Indonesia's police, Malaysia's police, etc and how they beat protesters, cracking down a rally, but why not Arab spring?? Even Syrian conflict becomes very less barbarism if it comes from Al Jazeera, for example, they use word "civilian uprising" instead of "rebellion or "brutal road killings", both has the same meaning but with different connotation. You can compare the language they use in other non Arabs news.

Nah, not that anti, I have never seen a special premier show about Saudi kings and how they run Saudi Arabia from the dark point of view where words like Colonialist and simple judgmental words are being used. They got a special premier show about Indonesia's police, Malaysia's police, etc and how they beat protesters, cracking down a rally, but why not Arab spring?? Even Syrian conflict becomes very less barbarism if it comes from Al Jazeera, for example, they use word "civilian uprising" instead of "rebellion or "brutal road killings", both has the same meaning but with different connotation. You can compare the language they use in other non Arabs news.
They did those kind of reports, and we did withdrawal our ambassador to qatar, did you know that?

OMG, not true at all, for instance they portray our regime as if it was Nazi, in case of demonstrations they over exaggerated them. I have never seen Aljazeera praising Jordan or any other Arab countries except for Qatar off course.

They did those kind of reports, and we did withdrawal our ambassador to qatar, did you know that?

Okay, I would like to take it back what I have said about it after hearing what you have said, but still, for certain Arabian countries, Al Jazeera never came up with such horrible portray.

Aljazeera is controlled by the Emir of Qatar. It was 1 of his pet projects. It was generally an OK outlet for news. Much better than CNN NBC Fox or even BBC.

However I did notice a shift about 2 years ago just before the so call Arab Spring.

I will tell you outright if it wasn't for Al Jazeera Arab Spring would have never taken place. Gaddafi in Libya would still be in power.

every news channel is anti Chinese ,excluding the Chinese state run NB.

First u analyze what every news organization stands for and then u look at what China is regarding its Information policies, ull get ur answer.

Every western or western controlled media channel is anti-China and anti-russia because only these 2 countries oppose western imperialism. Indians are loved because India is controlled by Washington DC and London. And India goes along with anything the white man says like a toddler.
When you oppose imperialism, they will hate you. India neither has the power nor influence to oppose western imperialism, infact India enjoy living under western rule and control.
After all India was the British empires favourite colony. Because you never resisted, you just welcomed colonialism like good boys.

There was a time when Al Jazeera was very independent and anti-imperialist, I can remember throughout the events of the middle-east post 9/11 at least. I remember closely following Al Jazeera live feeds and analysis throughout the Egyptian revolution during college. I felt like I was right there in Tahrir square, the reporting was unbiased and very thoroughly investigative.

But after that things started going downwards. Their reporting during the Libyan fiasco was really suspect. They would hardly cover the plight of African migrants in that country, as they were being brutalized by rebels, but went so far as to mistakenly report a false propaganda video by rebels as true, which they later rescinded and apologized for. They started showing partiality by subtly supporting a no-fly zone and even Western troops on the ground there, basically a full-fledged invasion. The chaos in Libya after Gadhafi is in front of you, compared to when it had amongst the highest standard of living, education and health anywhere in middle-east or Africa during his time. The events of Syria are also before you, where Al-jazeera is acting as a propaganda wing of the FSA.

I looked further into this and found out that Al Jazeera actually had as their chief director one really independent guy up till the beginning of the Arab spring including Egyptian revolution. Thereafter, there were apparently disagreements within the organization because the Qatari royals wanted to use AJ's newfound sway and influence to kick out anti-imperialist leaders and bring in Western slaves like themselves. So the director ended up leaving because he felt that AJ's well-known independence would get compromised, and they replaced him with some young nephew/relative of the Emir as director. To me, it just goes to show the extent of Western and Israeli grasp upon many Arab countries. Quite sad, really.

Always a hoot when German media accuses others of being propaganda tools.

Will Telegraph staff have to sign Israel pledge? | Media | MediaGuardian

Telegraph journalists could have to adhere to a string of publishing principles - including registering support for the state of Israel - if German publishing giant Axel Springer takes over the newspaper.
[...]
Journalists on one of Springer's titles today confirmed there was a statement in staff contracts referring to Israel.

Always a hoot when German media accuses others of being propaganda tools.

Will Telegraph staff have to sign Israel pledge? | Media | MediaGuardian

Telegraph journalists could have to adhere to a string of publishing principles - including registering support for the state of Israel - if German publishing giant Axel Springer takes over the newspaper.
[...]
Journalists on one of Springer's titles today confirmed there was a statement in staff contracts referring to Israel.

It's a hoot and a half...:)

Al-Jazeera has always been "Al-Janaza" (reporter of death and destruction) mainly channeling the leftist and thus anti-West voices from the Arab streets and feeding them to the willing audience in Arab and in Muslim countries.

It was never "objective" per se, and neither is CNN for that matter.

Now the "anarchist" chickens have come home to roost in Arab countries and in the gulf, and obviously the policy makers of this TV network are scrambling to keep their sheikdoms from the same $hite that was so much "encouraged" and "helped along" by AJ in other countries.

peace

During the Afghan was, Al-Janazah was actively herofying the Taliban & Al Quaida resistance against the invading forces and did the same in Libya and Qatar.

I read an article once which analysed the comments under a very popular news item (specifically, bin Laden'a death) in two of the biggest middle east media - Al Jazeera and Al Arabiya. They were analysing the stance of the commentators ie whether they support bin laden or oppose him. Al-Jazeera's viewership turned out to be from more conservative Islamic readers, most of them supporting Laden and expressing anti Americanism. Reader Comments Show Much Anger Over bin Laden Death

I think Al Jazeera has an obvious anti Israeli and anti western bias, evident from it's attractiveness to conservative Islamic readers. Al Arabiya has too, but is more neutral and objective, thus I like it better.

Not that much. Al Jazeera has been pro-USA for a while. to make it exactly, pro-US/Saudi combined interest for quite a while.

It's funny to read the posts here.

Some people think Al Jazeera is anti-West, others think it is pro-US.

The fact is that ALL media is biased, and most people in ANY country can predict the tone of the news and commentary just by noting the media outlet. Al Jazeera is no exception and is no better or worse than other global media outlets.

Al Jazeera is qatari based news department, and its having Qatari Foreign Affairs based point of view.
Like qataris against Syria, Libya, Iran, Israel, Egypt so and on Al Jazeera is posting more articles and builts documentaries against those.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom