What's new

How Did ISIS Gather, Train And Equip....

i think obama's reluctance in bombing ISIS has the following causes:

1-The US didnt bomb Assad when he started massacring women and children with impunity as they did not want Syrian rebels to take over , that would probably bring in an Islamist government
2-The US is now allowing ISIS to pervasively flow over Iraq and is making overtures to Iran, classic divide and conquer technique, learnt from the British.
3-Public Opinion : US public, more importantly interest groups and lobbyists are not down with the idea of another war, nor does any US ally want to sign up for any action.

So probably Iraq will descend into civil war , something the US always wanted, and break up into three countries, and then there is so much work to be done elsewhere.........what do you think?

Eight hundred ISIS routed 30,000 Iraqi police and Army. The Iraqis are cowards and were cowards long before the U.S. got there. These a-holes have been warring for 1400 years and will be warring for much longer.:usflag:
A lot of times you talk sense. If you could remove the profanities from your posts, they would be much more enjoyable. Appreciate it. Thanks!!

...enough guys to f@ck Iraq up without the Iraqi Army finding out about it ?
They don't have enough by themselves. But they do have Sunni militias acting with them....and the main thing....the Iraqi army turned and fled hardly firing a shot.

They don't have enough by themselves. But they do have Sunni militias acting with them....and the main thing....the Iraqi army turned and fled hardly firing a shot.

I bet many of the soldiers joined to ISIS side (sunni side). Some of them fled. Now Maliki reconstructing army from shias... which will more stir the conflict instead of calming....:disagree:

ME was the most peaceful under Ottoman Empire.... we should appoint a governor to Iraq like the old times. :p:

I think it was a blitzkrieg surprise attack. In addition to that, the Iraqi government also probably did not think their soldiers would simply run away instead of putting up a fight against a few thousand fighters.

The Iraqi army have done that in the lase two wars !!! Not surprised now ... Though isis s bad for the whole region

I bet many of the soldiers joined to ISIS side (sunni side). Some of them fled. Now Maliki reconstructing army from shias... which will more stir the conflict instead of calming....:disagree:

ME was the most peaceful under Ottoman Empire.... we should appoint a governor to Iraq like the old times. :p:

Dictatorships are better for ME.

Last edited:

It used to be I would say you were nuts....now that doesn't sound so bad.

It's hard to imagine that the Syrian army is fighting these jihadis so bravely in a Sunni majority country yet the Iraqi army behaved like complete cowards that too in a Shia majority country. Assad must be so proud of his army today.

Interesting latest video from Vice-

Even the Peshmerga militia did a far better job than Iraqi army.

The Syrian Army is made up of Alawites & Christians. Each and every men in the Syrian Army know that if they fail they along with their families will be massacred. They don't need any more motivation than this.

Its not difficult, the Iraqi army probably had alot of sympathetic sunnis and the rest were just cowards, 500 men could probably take over large swathes of Iraq.

Back
Top Bottom