What's new

How did the Houthis get such long range missiles? Comparable to that of Iran and Pakistan

One word : Iran.

On a separate note, having such an arsenal and sustaining it and maintenance is what will set professional armies apart from militias.

No humor?

Off topic: Foinikas is a city/town in Cyprus meaning palm tree. Are you from cyprus or Greek? Or a Greek cypriot? No need to answer if it the questions are uncomfortable or to personal.

Last edited:
But Unfortunately, the equation definitely different if you put American and other Israel Allies in it.

Other allies can only use israeli territory or attacks from sea. It would be massively expensive and the opposition just need to drag it on. With war in Ukraine, i doubt anyone would be ready for an expensive and lengthy campaign in middle east.

Houthis have become a power, the arabs with all the weapons n money couldnt finish them.
Israel is also over hyped and arabs are just scared, in reality israel will be in deep shit if attacks start from lebanon and syria as well. Israel cant handle all iranian proxies, let alone iran and other muslim countries.
Good analysis.

One word : Iran.

On a separate note, having such an arsenal and sustaining it and maintenance is what will set professional armies apart from militias.
Houthis launched >500 ballistic missiles since 2015 and are launching cruise and ballistic missiles into Israel almost every day in recent days. I would say they have shown their ability to sustain launches and maintain their inventory. Iranian Qods Force has a presence on the ground and may be assisting.

Good analysis.

Houthis launched >500 ballistic missiles since 2015 and are launching cruise and ballistic missiles into Israel almost every day in recent days. I would say they have shown their ability to sustain launches and maintain their inventory. Iranian Qods Force has a presence on the ground and may be assisting.

I disagree here brother but in a constructive way. If they were a professional army I believe there still would not be an arab invasion on their end. Mind you when I say professional army, I should armed forces it entails the other two arms as well. For example you can not compare houthis to Iranian armed forces or pakistan armed forces.

Good analysis.

Another example us was also assisting ana in Afghanistan how did that turn out? It still is commendable from them being. A militia to hold out like they are. Like Hamas and Hezbollah

Another example us was also assisting ana in Afghanistan how did that turn out? It still is commendable from them being. A militia to hold out like they are. Like Hamas and Hezbollah

The houthis are pretty recent, and they have the ability to test their missiles with the current events going on early on. How long they can maintain is indeed the real question. Will the Taliban be able to maintain US weapons?

The houthis are pretty recent, and they have the ability to test their missiles with the current events going on early on. How long they can maintain is indeed the real question. Will the Taliban be able to maintain US weapons?

Brother, the taliban don’t need to maintain weapons anymore as their objective has been achieved and they taken control of the entire country, question I would ask is will they be able to maintain the deportees coming their way.

Other allies can only use israeli territory or attacks from sea. It would be massively expensive and the opposition just need to drag it on. With war in Ukraine, i doubt anyone would be ready for an expensive and lengthy campaign in middle east.

You are right It is expensive but reality is right now Israel is getting massive support including arms supply from its allies while Muslim countries didn't have the courage to supply humanitarian aid, food, water, fuel, medicines etc. Unfortunately.

No mate, Iranians give basic know how.. Rest of engineering was belong to Houthis
You are right that in recent years Iran has put a big focus on exporting local know-how across the Axis of Resistance, such that they are no longer reliant on Iran for weapons. We can see that the fighters in Gaza have a good degree of local production, and Hezbollah even produces its own solid propellant. However, we know that Iran also continues to export weapons across the Axis of Resistance, with local Qods Force members on the ground likely assisting with missile launches etc.

You are right that in recent years Iran has put a big focus on exporting local know-how across the Axis of Resistance, such that they are no longer reliant on Iran for weapons. We can see that the fighters in Gaza have a good degree of local production, and Hezbollah even produces its own solid propellant. However, we know that Iran also continues to export weapons across the Axis of Resistance, with local Qods Force members on the ground likely assisting with missile launches etc.
True for rest of the Axis of resistance, but there was a very heavy American and Gulf states blockage on the Houthis from sea and air. That's why Iranians taught the Houthis how to catch fish instead of giving them fish.

Do the houthis have any capable anti ship missiles?
Yes, a lot. See my post here: https://defence.pk/threads/how-did-...at-of-iran-and-pakistan.778988/#post-14604951

True for rest of the Axis of resistance, but there was a very heavy American and Gulf states blockage on the Houthis from sea and air. That's why Iranians taught the Houthis how to catch fish instead of giving them fish.
US intercepted many ships smuggling Iranian weapons to Houthis but obviously did not intercept everything.

Houthis getting involved makes decisions for Saudis very simple.
What kind of Saudi decision? To standby and stay out of the war? If Saudis enter/participate in this war "on the wrong side", it will backfire on the Saudi Arabia as a nation, just watch.

US intercepted many ships smuggling Iranian weapons to Houthis but obviously did not intercept everything.
US most likely doesnt even intercept most of Iran's weapons shipments, US military just hypes up the few Iranian shipments it intercepted. US and Israel have intercepted a few large shipments from Iran to proxies though, but i havent heard of a large interception in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom