What's new

How far can India go with Israel

lem34

New Recruit

Reaction score

To my mind, this is an even more serious goof-up than when External Affairs MInister S.M.Krishna read out his Portugese counterpart’s speech in the UN Security Council last February without even comprehending what he was doing. I think the mandarins weren’t careful, again, and EAM has been let down for a second time11 months later.
They should have marked on bold red ink what was strictly for EAM’s knowledge and not to be revealed during his media appearance with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu at Tel Aviv following their breakfast meeting on Tuesday. The point is, EAM should never have revealed what he did, namely, that India and Israel propose to intensify their security cooperation. ”We will have to work out a strategy as to how we address ourselves to the scourge o international terrorism which has become the curse for the entire humanity. I think our efforts should be to checkmate and ultimately eradicate terrorists from the face of the earth.”
I am sure the above was what EAM was supposed to tell Bibi duirng their tete-e-tete — EAM’s ‘Talking Point’, as South Block calls the folder for VIP visits. Our top guns in South Block wouldn’t have made a goof-up, they are far too professional and endowed with first-hand experience of Israel.
Look what happened. Bibi didn’t say a word when EAM took off in such robust enthusiasm. Because, he knew he had just cleared the file relating to the assassination of an Iranian scientist by Mossad on the streets of Tehran.
Bibi attaches the highest importance to relations with India and he didn’t want to compromise EAM. He knew in his heart of hearts that no sooner than EAM left Tel Aviv, there was going to be blood on the streets of Tehran and Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan, aged 32, would be no more.
This is why I cautioned earlier that before undertaking this historic visit, South Block should have obtained some sort of reliable assurance about Israel’s conduct as a normal state abiding by international law and UN Charter. The kind of things Israel does to Iran makes it a state sponsoring terrorism — and but for the blanket American diplomatic cover, it would have been brought to book a long time ago already.
Now, how can India claim to be Israel’s collaborator on the terrorism front? It beats my imagination.
No matter the Left parties’ passive acquiescence with our Israel policy, I think there is still a strong case intrinsically, without putting on ideological blinkers, to streamline India’s relationship with Israel and divest it of sentimentality. Okay, if we get American military technology via Israel that US cannot hand over to us directly. It helps our military’s modernisation, after all. Okay, if we learn more about drip irrigation from Israel — we have a crisis in the agriculture sector. Okay, if we learn about animal husbandry from Israel — our cattle class needs a better deal.
Let trade flourish and reach the target of 15 billion dollars. Let there be cooperation In the field of IT. Let us intensify cultural intercourse between the two ancient peoples. We will be doing a great favour already to Israel by mitigating its isolation east of Sinai. But to mix up the relationship with the romance over terrorism (read militant Islam) is asking for trouble.
EAM could simply replace the Portugese FM’s speech with his own and carry on at Turtle Bay. But in this case it isn’t so easy to swallow what he said on Tuesday. There is a saying, ‘Tell me your friend, I know who you are’.

By M K Bhadrakumar – January 11, 2012

No body knows the depth of indo israeli relations..

its much deep and iran is small issue b/w us..:)

Now a days MKB is favorite story writer for many. They find their unrealistic fantasy some push through his stories. They have no relation with reality as usual. :lol:

No body knows the depth of indo israeli relations..

its much deep and iran is small issue b/w us..:)

Your relations are transparent. You want to be American proxy and you hope Israelis will assist you

u dont have enough brain to decide about proxies..
you fought their war..enjoy and make pride on their weapons and making us their proxy:rofl:

Resorting to personal attacks adds no gravitas to your argument. Everyone knows that India is the proxy for America in our neighbourhood that is why we have Zionist media critical of Pakistan but hides India's very many problems

I think the Indian-Israeli relationship is one of the great untold stories (in a diplomatic sense) of the 21st century so far. Whilst initially, it could be argued, built on military ties purely the friendship has truly blossomed into so much more.There is a significant degree of commonality in morals and beliefs and an ever increasing people-people connection and cultural ties. Indian's as a whole when polled continuously rank Israel favorably well over the US' general public. A great thing to point out is the relationship has grown and evolved organically through mutual respect, a rarity these days in the diplomatic global arena. The fact is though due to sensitivities of both nations much of this friendship is kept very well hidden and conducted behind doors so it is hard to properly judge the relationship.

But as some have said it is not an either-or situation for India wherin it can either have a relationship with Israel to the detriment os relations with others in the region. As a ever-rising power India manages, very admirably, to walk a thin line to keep most parties happy and satisfied. India is one of the very few nations that can manage to boost ties with Israel and the rest of the Arab world in parallel.

Your relations are transparent. [/B]You want to be American proxy and you hope Israelis will assist you[/B]

Unintentionally you are quoting the below.

1. You know that Pakistan is a client state of USA, like most Pakistanis you do not like it.
2. You hate India and wants India like Pakistan i.e a proxy/client state of USA and its not happening. You get angry more day by day.
3. Envy of our diplomacy and soft power, so digging up toilet stories to satisfy yourself.

Unintentionally you are quoting the below.

1. You know that Pakistan is a client state of USA, like most Pakistanis you do not like it.
2. You hate India and wants India like Pakistan i.e a proxy/client state of USA and its not happening. You get angry more day by day.
3. Envy of our diplomacy and soft power, so digging up toilet stories to satisfy yourself.

They are still suffering because of friendship with USA and want India to feel same .... but we are gonna sale our nation to any one just like them

The point is, EAM should never have revealed what he did, namely, that India and Israel propose to intensify their security cooperation. ”We will have to work out a strategy as to how we address ourselves to the scourge o international terrorism which has become the curse for the entire humanity. I think our efforts should be to checkmate and ultimately eradicate terrorists from the face of the earth.”

Can anyone tell what is actually special and different on those two lines from EAM? India has strategic relations and anti-terror cooperations with many states now a days. These guys like MKB have no other work.

But ofcourse I wish India-Israel goes further and destroy the extremism to the root.

The kind of things Israel does to Iran makes it a state sponsoring terrorism

Thats it. lol

Bhadrakumar is a person who wants India to behave in a unproductive, petulant fashion and join a particular camp. He occasionally makes some reasonable points but he is often misguided. India needs to maintain its policy independence.

Actually India does not opt for any long term relationship with Israel. The thing is, both of them got a common enemy: Pakistan. Pakistan is the thorn in the path of the territorial expansion of Israel owing to being the only muslim nuclear power. Pakistan is also a thorn in the path of Akhand Bharat. That is why they forged a partnership. India keeps Israel's defence industry stable and in return India gets latest tech from Israel.

To my mind, this is an even more serious goof-up than when External Affairs MInister S.M.Krishna read out his Portugese counterpart’s speech in the UN Security Council last February without even comprehending what he was doing.

Another great indian feat

India a country is desperate to be whiter than white and Israelis being fair skinned and willing to sell anything have sure become India's sweet spot. The friendship lies in few basic principles. India has same fascist hegemonic ambitions which Israel dreams day and night.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as we are getting oil from Iran and high tech weapons from Israel,whats the problem?

Somr Indians support Israel and some support Iran.
and some don't give a damn.

we Iranian do not give a damn.
who cares if they want to be an ally?

Back
Top Bottom