What's new

How many of these cities have you been to?

RealNapster

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Okay so i was discussing with @MastanKhan that Pakistanis don't travel much outside the country as well as inside in the country. Thats why we don't need to bring languages like spanish, french, italian etc in our schools. So i wanted to see how many cities of the below 15 most populated Pakistani cities you visited. All below cities are in descending (population vise) order. Let me know your answers. I only visited 4 (lahore, rawalpindi, islamabad, peshawar).

1. Karachi
2. Lahore
3. Faisalabad
4. Rawalpindi
5. Gujranwala
6. Peshawar
7. Multan
8. Hyderabad
9. Islamabad
10. Quetta
11. Bahawalpur
12. Sargodha
13. Sialkot
14. Sukkur
15. Larkana

5...... Lahore / Rawalpindi / Islamabad / Bahawalpur / Multan
Apart from them......Murree / Rahim Yar Khan / Balakot / Manshera / Abbotabad / Bahawalnagar / Haripur / Hazara / Taxila / Okara

Last edited:
Karachi,Lahore,Islamabad,Gujarat,Faisalabad,Sailkot,Hyderabad,Azad Kashmir (Mirpur)/Muzafrabad,Murree
6 cities which i remember From OP`s list

Okay so i was discussing with @MastanKhan that Pakistanis don't travel much outside the country as well as inside in the country. Thats why we don't need to bring languages like spanish, french, italian etc in our schools. So i wanted to see how many cities of the below 15 most populated Pakistani cities you visited. All below cities are in descending (population vise) order. Let me know your answers. I only visited 4 (lahore, rawalpindi, islamabad, peshawar).

1. Karachi
2. Lahore
3. Faisalabad
4. Rawalpindi
5. Gujranwala
6. Peshawar
7. Multan
8. Hyderabad
9. Islamabad
10. Quetta
11. Bahawalpur
12. Sargodha
13. Sialkot
14. Sukkur
15. Larkana
Lahore
Faisalabad
Rawalpindi
Gujranwala

Islamabad
Sargodha
Sialkot

I see no one visited Peshawar. Well i have a theory on that. Peshawar is far from other major cities, like the nearest major city to Peshawar is Islamabad which in itself is 187 km. So for someone living in Peshawar or surrounding areas its not common to visit all those big cities from OP. But, thats not the case in Punjab where big cities are relatively closer to each other. So for someone living in any city of Punjab its obvious that he must have seen some 5-6 cities of the list.

The theory also Applies to Karachi. Far from major cities except hyderabad.

I have visited Lahore, Sialkot, Karachi, Islamabad (also Rawalpindi because the Bus-stop was in Rawalpindi), Multan, Taxila, Murree, Khewra and Kallar Kahar near Chakwal. I didn't go to any of these cities for tourism other than Lahore. I visited Karachi, Islamabad, Multan and Taxila purely on purpose basis and not for tourism but when I was there I did explore parts of those cities.

Lahore is the only city where I used to go for picnic purpose to visit Zoo, Museum, Shahi Qila, Gulshan Park in Iqbal Town, Data Darbar, Anar Kali Bazar, Minar e Pakistan (even walked in Heera Mandi with my friends in 90s just to explore it). When I was in karachi I visited Clifton beach for tourism purpose. When I went to Taxila I also visited Murree as a "side dish". I went to Khewra and Kallar Kahar near Chakwal purely due to our university tours. On my own I would have never gone there.

Last edited:

1. Karachi
2. Lahore
3. Faisalabad
4. Rawalpindi
5. Gujranwala
6. Peshawar
7. Multan
8. Hyderabad
9. Islamabad
10. Quetta
11. Bahawalpur
12. Sargodha
13. Sialkot
14. Sukkur
15. Larkana
1. Karachi
2. Lahore
3. Faisalabad
4. Rawalpindi
5. Gujranwala
6. Peshawar
7. Multan
8. Hyderabad
9. Islamabad
10. Quetta
11. Bahawalpur
12. Sargodha
13. Mirpur
14. Swat
15. Muzafarabad
16. Murree
17. Rahim Yar Khan
18. DG Khan
19. DI Khan
20. Abbotabad
21. Haripur and Attock :-)

I see no one visited Peshawar. Well i have a theory on that. Peshawar is far from other major cities, like the nearest major city to Peshawar is Islamabad which in itself is 187 km. So for someone living in Peshawar or surrounding areas its not common to visit all those big cities from OP. But, thats not the case in Punjab where big cities are relatively closer to each other. So for someone living in any city of Punjab its obvious that he must have seen some 5-6 cities of the list.

I did but mostly in KPK I go to Abbotabad and Haripur as I have relatives and acquaintances there

I have been around a lot of places in Punjab,AJK and KPK but not so much in Balochistan and Sindh mainly because its not close to where I live

When I went to Karachi by train, I felt like Karachi was in a no man's land, far away and isolated from even the other cities of Sindh, the nearest city to Karachi was Hyderabad and even that was also at a distance of 3 hours by train from Karachi . And there is nothing between Karachi and Hyderabad except the arid dry reddish land which looked to me like a semi desert. Even Karachi itself looked to me like a city built in a semi desert.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom