What's new

how should India develop its defense industry?

MrIndianSikh

Reaction score
with just 40 factories under the OFB and the DRDO as our primary defense providers how should India develop its indigenous defense industry? by relying more on the public and private sectors? please discuss :pop:

i think private sector companies and public sector companies should form public private companies for better R&D in defense and also manufacturing

- Well laid out defense plans

- 49% FDI limit

- defense sez

- PPP route

- ToT to the level of MSME

- Dedicated funds for R&D

- Single window clearance

- Transparency in defense procurements

- Preference/incentives to Made in India

- Time bound decisions

the government especially the defense ministry should build IIDT (indian institute of defense technology) colleges in which alumni then join the Indian defense industry then the MOD should support public and private defense companies so we do not need to depend on foreign imports

The last thing I would like to see is any more defence factories.
These factories will have production lines which will ensure a steady flow of a variety of weapons of war irrespective of whether we use them or not.
This will ultimately result in massive stockpiling of ammunition like the Soviets or the USA.This is nothing but wastage,as then money spent on stockpiling has no return.
I am not saying that we should underestimate our defences,but now that the GoI has more money to spend than before,we should concentrate more on quality than quantity.

Spend more and more on R&D and train better minds for that is an investment for the future.

just give the private industry a chance to participitate in all the goverment tenders ...

Back
Top Bottom