What's new

How to join Pakistan Army?

hello my dear i know all these things becuase i had passed from all these .this is only for by name.there is no such false things that if we donot do that chin up or else ,then we will not select for further test .i cant go to one mile in 7.5 min donot put stress on it .stress on issb tests its very hard
:cheesy::cheesy:

I have often found that the standard for joining the Pakistan Army is:
15 chin-ups in 2 minutes
15 push ups in 2 minutes
1 mile (1.6 km) in 6 minutes
15 sit ups in 2 minutes

But now I have come across a site (Pakistan Army - Regular Commission) that says that the requirements have 1 mile in 7.5 minutes and 3 chin-ups in 2 minutes. At 14, I'm working to achieve these standards but I want to know which is right.

Thats got to be rubbish.

Apart from the running the reps are incredibly low for all the body weight exercises.

I have to do 50 press ups in 2 minutes to qualify for the UKs Territorial army.

Here are the Correct Physical Requirements to join Pak Army.

Minimum Height: 5’-4” (162.5 cm)

Visual Standard:

Distant Vision with glass 6/9, 6/12
Near Vision J2, J7 or N8, N12 with or without glasses.

Physical Fitness:

1.6 Km Run –7.5 Minutes
Push Ups – 15 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Sit Ups –15 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Chin Ups –3 repetitions in 2 Minutes

Regards
Wilco

Well its two against one.

All it means is that if I ever try to join the Pakistan army I'd ace the physical tests.

All it means is that if I ever try to join the Pakistan army I'd ace the physical tests.
Overconfidencs is major source of failure.
Write it down.

Regards
Wilco

You most probably would and most of us would be after having been exposed to hormone-laden nutrition that we get in the west. In the good old college days, the 100 or so push-ups was easily attainable in the time frame alloted here...the chin-ups and situps are all pretty easy..but for most Pakistani it may not be....but physical endurance and walking and running is a whole another thing...I have seen villagers in Pakistan put me and other well conditioned westerners to shame there.

Most of the westerners would feel that the upper body requirements are fairly easy and this is because as per some references of some research done into the matter, it was found most of the recruits in pre-71 Pakistan (Bangalis were an exception) were weak in exercises requiring upper body work and very strong in the lower body (Bangalis were weaker here).

Limited nutrition, lack of exercise facilities are causes for this problem. Army tries to fix this up in the regimental training centers and the PMA, but the standards for upper body strength have to be relaxed for new entrants.

Allow me to explain Wilco,

I can currently do:

50 press ups
60 situps
8 Chin ups
1.5 miles in under 10 minutes

However, I might not be quite so good in Pakistan as to perform like this in Pakistans heat and climate would be a challenge.

Allow me to explain Wilco,

I can currently do:

50 press ups
60 situps
8 Chin ups
1.5 miles in under 10 minutes

However, I might not be quite so good in Pakistan as to perform like this in Pakistans heat and climate would be a challenge.
You may be right. but as i said before overestimating is always the major cause of defeat.

Just try to think about it, you might be powerful but if you dont know how to use it then it is useless.

Regards
Wilco

You may be right. but as i said before overestimating is always the major cause of defeat.

Just try to think about it, you might be powerful but if you dont know how to use it then it is useless.

Regards
Wilco

Wilco, I think JK's point was specifically with regards to his performance against the laid down requirements. In all likelihood he probably would be just fine fulfilling them. The overconfidence stuff comes in during interviews and ISSB selection tests including the psychological ones as well as other physical ones (obstacle course etc.)

Aside from the physical requirements what is needed in terms of academic qualifications?

For example to be an Officer in the UK a certain amount of UCAS points are needed from A levels.

Aside from the physical requirements what is needed in terms of academic qualifications?

Army:
Graduate Course : 2nd Div bachlers
PMA long Course : 50% marks in inter
Navy: & Airforce.
atleat 60% marks with Maths & Physics passed with 75% marks.

Regards
Wilco

There are some additional requirement, a person should fullfill.

The Individual must be willing for following:
1. Must be ready to take , yet show complete patience, for sheer critisicm, once he meet his reletives, friends in civil life.

2. Once in service, must be ready to meet, big big surprises.

3. Be able to form part of elite society, in limited pay.

You forgot the biggest qualification.
The individual must be willing to act without thinking or questioning.

The individual must be willing to act without thinking or questioning.

Sorry to say this but the above is a sign of an idiot and not a soldier. All soldiers and officers alike ask questions and think things through as much as it is possible for them to do so.

Back
Top Bottom