What's new

How to obtain Pakistani Credit Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

azfar

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First of all apology in advance if this is a wrong place to ask but I don't know any good Pakistani forum so posting here.

I am living in UAE (recently moved) and I need a credit card for my family. I have an active SCB current account which I was using for salary transfers so it has good history of many years and I can still transfer funds (even every month) into it if needed. My question is that can any bank release me credit card even with low credit limit, I need one for my family and when I am in Pakistan to avoid cash hassle.

Try Faisal Bank and Al Falah Bank. Both are forthcoming when giving credit cards. I have myself tried Faisal Bank and lower limit was at 60K. It has no charges but one glitch that when activate it U shud spend at least Rs 2000 in that month by using that card and then at starting month of each next year the same practice. So U can call it annual fee but actually goes into Ur kitty.Bank Al Falah has got no annual charges of any sort.All the best.

I believe those are also offering without annual fee, I will try to reach them and see.

Hi Guys,

First of all apology in advance if this is a wrong place to ask but I don't know any good Pakistani forum so posting here.

I am living in UAE (recently moved) and I need a credit card for my family. I have an active SCB current account which I was using for salary transfers so it has good history of many years and I can still transfer funds (even every month) into it if needed. My question is that can any bank release me credit card even with low credit limit, I need one for my family and when I am in Pakistan to avoid cash hassle.

I'd suggest that you stick to SCB. They'll be more than happy to issue you a credit card, if you maintain a decent account balance (since your income is not fixed; though you are salaried but for SCB you remit money randomly.)

Now, if you can maintain a decent account balance (based on what your family actually needs) I'd suggest you for a debit card instead. It gives you better control over finances plus most of the same things you can do with CC like online shopping, POS purchases, rewards/discounts etc.

Best place to ask would be your bank as they can judge your account standing and determine if you are fit for credit card

Go inquire banks, there are so many successful banks running in Pakistan. Simple apply by filling forms and your personal identity details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom