What's new

HP Pavilion G6 is good for home users?

The biggest problem that i have with traditional hard drive laptops is that they get very hot. As a result it significantly reduces overall life of the computer. I personally have a macbook air which is amazing in every way possible. but i know the money matters too!! but if ur gonna get this laptop i highly recommend getting a laptop cooler..

HP is the worst PC ever. it may look good aesthetically, but functionally, it will not last for more than a year.
From my experience, don't buy it!

There are only 2 types of computers that should be bought:

IBM business machine
Apple MacBook

The biggest problem that i have with traditional hard drive laptops is that they get very hot. As a result it significantly reduces overall life of the computer. I personally have a macbook air which is amazing in every way possible. but i know the money matters too!! but if ur gonna get this laptop i highly recommend getting a laptop cooler..

yaar i hate that cooler lolz. since 6-7 years i am using laptops without any cooler lolz .BTW i get it but litle more better species .lolz it has 675GB HDD 4gb ram i5-2450m and windows7 home basic . no problem i hope so :D

sure! If u r gonna use it for home and its mostly gonna be sitting on a table then its ok, but i personally like to use my lap for laptops and trust me u dont want a hot laptop sitting on ur lap! just a thought!!! but sure if specs meet ur requirements, go for it!!

i know someone who uses it.... Kinda get hot..... Rest its good for home use....

Dell-XPS-152.jpg

Get this one, you can get one for as low as $800.

its too late to reply lol coz may be you not only have bought it but may also be on verge of buying a new one :P

like every one i will tell you the same , heating problem . I have got same laptop but the fan remains on all the time , on idle with anti-virus running is 49*c while running google chrome and one or two other apps like ******** it clicks to 54*c to 60*c and if you are running multiple intensive apps it goes to 70-80 . For an hp fan like me it really has disappointed me as far as heating is concerned rest its good. Hp laptops usually has heating prob , had similar experience with probook too and the thing used to get shut down occasionally due to over heating

btw happy banned days

Oh yeah, dont buy hp. Hp sucks.

Bought an hp envy....with my "uncle in America". You can cook meat with the temperature it develops.

Total waste. Dont do it.

Oh yeah, dont buy hp. Hp sucks.

Bought an hp envy....with my "uncle in America". You can cook meat with the temperature it develops.

Total waste. Dont do it.

I fail to see the downside here...

:P

On a more serious note, I've had a ton of different laptops between work, school, and personal use. HP quality is garbage, and as far as aesthetics are concerned I don't see anything about them that is that attractive (they all look pretty similar) IMO Dell is the most durable. I still have an Inspiron 9600 from 2002, cost $6500 but it still runs flawlessly to this day. Never had any issues with it whatsoever.

I fail to see the downside here...

:P

On a more serious note, I've had a ton of different laptops between work, school, and personal use. HP quality is garbage, and as far as aesthetics are concerned I don't see anything about them that is that attractive (they all look pretty similar) IMO Dell is the most durable. I still have an Inspiron 9600 from 2002, cost $6500 but it still runs flawlessly to this day. Never had any issues with it whatsoever.

one of my friend bought dell inspiron but he had to replace it few weeks later as the LED got some dead pixels and he bought an hp probook with same intel processor as the one that was on his dell but according to him DELL with the same intel chip was more faster and efficient than the hp probook , something with the build quality may be

but lately heard that lenovo laptops are pretty good ones unlike the many perceived to be inefficient products from the same country ,but lenovo has really hit indian markets ,havent tried it yet , but may be in future

btw lenovo belongs to china

one of my friend bought dell inspiron but he had to replace it few weeks later as the LED got some dead pixels and he bought an hp probook with same intel processor as the one that was on his dell but according to him DELL with the same intel chip was more faster and efficient than the hp probook , something with the build quality may be

but lately heard that lenovo laptops are pretty good ones unlike the many perceived to be inefficient products from the same country ,but lenovo has really hit indian markets ,havent tried it yet , but may be in future

btw lenovo belongs to china

A lot of people I know swear by Asus, never tried it yet, but they seem to be fanatical about them.

Laptops are so last century....... go for a tablet........ever since I got my Sony tablet, haven't even touched my laptop.

Laptops are so last century....... go for a tablet........ever since I got my Sony tablet, haven't even touched my laptop.

i still prefer laptops for home dont know why but tablets hmmmmmm, smartphone with a decent size like s3 are good enough to do my job on the move

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom