What's new

Huge blast in ammunition arsenal in central Turkey, 20 injured

Killuminati

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

A huge blast rocked central Turkish province of Afyonkarahisar on Wednesday, when a military storage filled with hand grenades exploded, leaving several injured.

The blast occurred between Ataköy neighborhood and Kanlıca village of Afyonkarahisar, close to residential areas but in an isolated territory. Initial reports claimed that the blast occured after a mistake while officers were classifying the hand grenades.

Witnesses said people took to the streets, thinking that the earthquake was shaking their buildings and houses. The raging fire following the blast could be seen from many parts of the city.

Witnesses and officials said dozens of ambulances, fire fighters and search and rescue teams were dispatched to the area of the explosion but they could have only limited area of operation due to the security.

Officials said the area where the blast took place is a strictly isolated area for military purposes. Authorities limit the work fire fighters and health workers, fearing that subsequent blasts could worsen the situation.

Forestry Minister Veysel Eroğlu said in a written statement there could be many hand grenades scattered in the area and that the fire fighters are unable to extinguish the fire. He said helicopters could join to fight the fire if necessary.

He also added in the statement that there are believed to be nearly 20 injured.

Turkish TV networks said in unconfirmed reports that there could be at least 30 people, mostly officers, when the explosion took place. Search and rescue teams could save four officers and three civilians from the area. Doctors said the health situation of the wounded people is well.

City officials say they have no information as to how many people were trapped inside the area and that bomb squads are currently scanning the area to see if there are grenades posing dangers. Authorities said some inside the military arsenal could be dead and they have no information over the fate of those inside.

insallah no one got killed. and that it truly was a mistake. I don't want to think that someone sabotaged that places, after stealing some ammunition e.g. for the PKK etc. And booby trapped the place.

Could it have happened because that ammunition had passed it shelf-life and was not safely disposed?

Something was happening for last few days in that base, lots of movement of trucks were detected.....

The loss could pile up to 500 million dollar... This happen when you help to kill innocent people in other country

The question is was it an accident or Turkey is hiding something..... more result coming...

Something was happening for last few days in that base, lots of movement of trucks were detected.....

The loss could pile up to 500 million dollar... This happen when you help to kill innocent people in other country

The question is was it an accident or Turkey is hiding something..... more result coming...

Even such accident happen in India. Do you give the same excuse???? Your statement resemble Mullas statements, I remember one Pakistani mulla saying " Kashmir me jaljala allah ne hindustaniyon ko sabak sikhane ke liye laya" , --- means " the almighy brought earth quick to punish Indian, who are doing attrocities on Muslims"

@ hiding something: Nothing can be rejected... /

Even such accident happen in India. Do you give the same excuse???? Your statement resemble Mullas statements, I remember one Pakistani mulla saying " Kashmir me jaljala allah ne hindustaniyon ko sabak sikhane ke liye laya" , --- means " the almighy brought earth quick to punish Indian, who are doing attrocities on Muslims"

@ hiding something: Nothing can be rejected... /

So Widow, you mean to say that you support killing of innocent people.... what turkey is doing in Syria... the same Pakistan is doing in Kashmir... helping the terrorist....

Please do not bring kashmir to flame up this thread.

So Widow, you mean to say that you support killing of innocent people.... what turkey is doing in Syria... the same Pakistan is doing in Kashmir... helping the terrorist....

Please do not bring kashmir to flame up this thread.

Er..........should Trukey help Assad kill the poeple like Gaddafi? :lol:

Everytime something like this happens, I remember Ojhri disaster.

RIP to the dead.

What is the Indians problem with Turkish topiscs?

Allah rahmet eylesin.

Rest In Peace.

Allah rahmet eylesin.

It was most probably an accident. Work safety in Turkey is very, very bad. I saw an English documentary where some Brits were taking a very old train that they sold to Turkey back to England. The maximum speed for safety reasons was about 40-50 kmh since the train was extremely old. But our Turkish train driver drove the train with 100-110 kmh. The brits were really worried and got very angry with the driver, they even considered to stop the documentary because of this.

In other words, safety regulations in Turkey is extremely poor. We will continue seeing these kind of accidents if we don't raise our safety regulations, and if we don't punish those who don't follow them.

Back
Top Bottom