Hunter takes out a deer at 890 yards

truthlover

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

As a hunter i despise trophy hunting and everything this video stands for. Although as a shooting enthusiast i really must admire their skill at long range.

As a hunter i despise trophy hunting and everything this video stands for. Although as a shooting enthusiast i really must admire their skill at long range.
Well i myself is a hunter but i never participated in the big game hunting.I did partridge hunting many times in the jhelum and potohar region and don,t feel any despise at all.It,s ok if you are not going to waste the animal meat and not just killing the animals for fun.
Well i am also a gun and shooting enthusiast and i think in the above video he used .308 Winchester cartridge from his bolt action rifle because that,s the most popular cartridge for big game hunting worldwide.

Well i myself is a hunter but i never participated in the big game hunting.I did partridge hunting many times in the jhelum and potohar region and don,t feel any despise at all.It,s ok if you are not going to waste the animal meat and not just killing the animals for fun.
Well i am also a gun and shooting enthusiast and i think in the above video he used .308 Winchester cartridge from his bolt action rifle because that,s the most popular cartridge for big game hunting worldwide.

Je bahi, but this is buck hunting, which is primarily for Trophy not game meat. Pakistan has some excellent spots for upland and pheasant hunts.

10x5af6.jpg

Je bahi, but this is buck hunting, which is primarily for Trophy not game meat. Pakistan has some excellent spots for upland and pheasant hunts.

10x5af6.jpg
Well as much as i know in trophy hunting they don,t waste the animal meat and i can show you many videos if you want me too.I wan,t to hunt kashmiri markhore in the northern chitral region but only if they let me use the meat because i just want to kill the animal for fun.Well which area is it and why their faces are hidden?) Also i did partridge hunting in our own and other agricultural fields and we don,t need any kind of license for doing that but if you have any previous experience of duck or goose hunting the please tell me the best regions for it and is there any license requirement for that?

Well as much as i know in trophy hunting they don,t waste the animal meat and i can show you many videos if you want me too.I wan,t to hunt kashmiri markhore in the northern chitral region but only if they let me use the meat because i just want to kill the animal for fun.Well which area is it and why their faces are hidden?) Also i did partridge hunting in our own and other agricultural fields and we don,t need any kind of license for doing that but if you have any previous experience of duck or goose hunting the please tell me the best regions for it and is there any license requirement for that?

Which area is it? I believe it is Kacha in Mianwali, the faces are hidden to protect their identities for obvious reasons...

If you want to go duck hunting PM me i will give details of my cousin, he is an amazing hunter and sort that out of you.

P.S. i don't need to see videos, i have been on a safari in Namibia and seen what trophy hunters do first hand. :)

what other kind of hunting there is, do you hunt for survival?

what other kind of hunting there is, do you hunt for survival?

There is a massive difference. Hunting for meat, esp in ducks, pheasants etc is acceptable practice as it is seasonal and managed really well, most of the time the hunt will end in meat being consumed during the hunt some is taken home in cold boxes. Hunting for sport but eating the mammal or bird, and then there is pure trophy hunting in which you hunt bucks just for the mount.

Trophy hunting has killed off almost all of the white rhino species in Africa, the meat is discarded and only the head or tusk is taken as trophy. There is a reason, there is a general ban on hunting IBEX...

Licence to kill: Senate body proposes ban on trophy hunting – The Express Tribune

I have seen peoples trophy rooms filled wall to wall with majestic animals that are Haram to eat, but have only been killed for the "trophy". That is what i am strongly against.

Take deer hunting in Pakistan, very very few people in Pakistan eat Venison, but still that does not stop people from hunting deer. CITIES prohibits hunting rare and animals/birds faced by extinction but these bans are not effective enough:

Here is a good study why trophy hunting should be banned full stop:
TED Case Studies: Hunting and Species Loss in Pakistan

https://cmsdata.iucn.org/downloads/pk_macp_trophyhunting_review.pdf

Luckily government is working on a full on ban on trophy hunting in Pakistan, which is a very good thing.
Licence to kill: Senate body proposes ban on trophy hunting – The Express Tribune

you find hunting large game to the point of extinction hilarious? wow!

Which area is it? I believe it is Kacha in Mianwali, the faces are hidden to protect their identities for obvious reasons...

If you want to go duck hunting PM me i will give details of my cousin, he is an amazing hunter and sort that out of you.

P.S. i don't need to see videos, i have been on a safari in Namibia and seen what trophy hunters do first hand. :)
Well thanks a lot for your reply and the help and definitely i will PM you when then hunting time comes.

No not at all and in my previous posts i have told that i am against trophy hunting and wasting the animal just for fun and shooting.It was just laughing at his sarcasm.
I agree with you the trophy hunting in Pakistan should be banned and we really need to protect our flora and fauna .But still foreigners come in our country and pay huge amount of money to our corrupt wild life department for hunting some rare ibex species in Pakistan.A few years ago a Norwegian national paid almost $80,000 for hunting a rare markhore found in our northern areas.Man,can you believe that?
Also currently there are just few hundred rare ibex left in sindh and Baluchistan .And these beautiful animals can only be found in Pakistan and we are doing very little for protecting them ,what a pity((
photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

photostream

Make sure you do so in advance, so you don't get disappointed. Quota's are hard to come by :)
oh of course i will inform you before the beginning of the hunting season.

Shouldn't be in the military forum. As Bruce Lee would have said : "Deer....don't shoot back."

There is a massive difference. Hunting for meat, esp in ducks, pheasants etc is acceptable practice as it is seasonal and managed really well, most of the time the hunt will end in meat being consumed during the hunt some is taken home in cold boxes. Hunting for sport but eating the mammal or bird, and then there is pure trophy hunting in which you hunt bucks just for the mount.

Trophy hunting has killed off almost all of the white rhino species in Africa, the meat is discarded and only the head or tusk is taken as trophy. There is a reason, there is a general ban on hunting IBEX...

I have seen peoples trophy rooms filled wall to wall with majestic animals that are Haram to eat, but have only been killed for the "trophy". That is what i am strongly against.

Take deer hunting in Pakistan, very very few people in Pakistan eat Venison, but still that does not stop people from hunting deer. CITIES prohibits hunting rare and animals/birds faced by extinction but these bans are not effective enough:

Here is a good study why trophy hunting should be banned full stop:
TED Case Studies: Hunting and Species Loss in Pakistan

https://cmsdata.iucn.org/downloads/pk_macp_trophyhunting_review.pdf

Luckily government is working on a full on ban on trophy hunting in Pakistan, which is a very good thing.

I know what trophy hunting is my friend, my point was all hunting is same. Some take head as trophy and some take meat as trophy

I kill a chicken or goat or a cow to eat because their are raised for it
but i will not kill any other animal even if the animal is halal

Back
Top Bottom