What's new

I am proud of the Kargil operation: Musharraf

Its a political stunt and Mushraff is trying to gain some momentum for his party..... His best bet is "Kargil"....... I see senior posters getting in to a debate in it ( on merits of kargil war) .... Though i am junior here... and i have seen numerous discussion on kargil and we all know the outcome of all the discussion....(there are some exceptions like the one i had seen in naswaristan the other day)... I guess this should be taken as an election stunt and leave it at that..... Or else we will be wasting bandwidth.... Regards

I have been involved in this mess for quite a few years so I know the details around the entire AGPL story. Simplistically, the AGPL formula is being used to extend a status similar to the LoC across the glacier. As I have mentioned before, the LoC and the AGPL are all open to interpretation and as such violable (both sides have violated the LoC and even the positions on the glacier were being adjusted up until 2003) as the sanctity of Shimla agreement has been breached hundreds of times by now. Lets also be clear that Shimla agreement does not equate the LoC to IB in any way regardless of this being wishful thinking on the Indian side.

Simla Agreement does not equate LoC to IB... It was never India's position... Kashmir is disputed, Pakistan still holds some parts of Kashmir which belong to India..... We are Okay with this status for another 65 years!

I have been involved in this mess for quite a few years so I know the details around the entire AGPL story. Simplistically, the AGPL formula is being used to extend a status similar to the LoC across the glacier. As I have mentioned before, the LoC and the AGPL are all open to interpretation and as such violable (both sides have violated the LoC and even the positions on the glacier were being adjusted up until 2003) as the sanctity of Shimla agreement has been breached hundreds of times by now. Lets also be clear that Shimla agreement does not equate the LoC to IB in any way regardless of this being wishful thinking on the Indian side.

If there was no difference between the LoC & LoAC/AGPL, surely the same nomenclature would have been applied. I'm afraid your argument is bad in law. The LoC is not just a line, it is a treaty with boundary points clearly demarcated. Within the demarcated points, some questions may arise but nothing more. The Shimla agreement was clear that there was to be no breach of the LoC. Are you suggesting that those who demarcated the loC did so for fun if it has no value? The LoC has similar value (as was seen in Kargil with the international community's reaction) as the IB, only that this could be further negotiated down mutually (by India & Pakistan) at any fixed point. Anyone imagining otherwise is simply not clear on the facts.

Stop giving attention to this liar.In his book he mentioned 4 year kid as terrorist(it was a list where the listed persons were branded as terrorist and given to U.S).As per him,casualties were 250 around but official number accepted by pakistan is more than 450 :laugh: but in actual it was more than 1200 as per other pakistani military officers.

I have no dog in this, but Musharaf was a man among men, Pakistan with him was far better than those days. It's true that Kargil operation failed due to political reasons but he had the guts to do it, and it was indeed a military success, and without international pressure, India would had got much more loss and casualties. Pakistan is in need of him.

last rites of hundreds of Pakistani soldiers was done by India, if he had guts he wouldn't have disowned his own soldiers buried in India.

Kargil war was a Military success turned in to political defeat. I don't care the monkeys nutt sack with the propaganda & lying India thinks.

The truth is India was suffering very badly in Kargil war.

Spoken like a true mental. People like you can't handle & bare the truth.

May I know how exactly?

IA retook nearly all peaks captured by PA barring 2-3, being helped by IAF fighters and Ia artillery which bombed PA infiltrated posts

This all forced Nawaz Sharif to take measure necessary to end war quickly and he definitely had consent of Top Brass of PA, otherwise you do think a head of civilian govt. can take such decision, on his own?in Pakistan?

Point 5353 is surrounded by Indian Peaks, India is still in dominating position in Siachin

The main purpose of OP Badr was to force Indian forces to leave Siachin, which couldn't be accomplished.

So how could be Op Badr, a victory?

I guess its just a political stunt by Musharraf to lure away some more votes from hardcore anti Indians in Pakistan.
Deep down Musharraf should acknowledge the fact what a silly attempt it was in 99

Kargil was successful operation. It's already been established here, what gains were made and they are significant and tantamount to a successful operation.

I would like to ask again how?

see post number 218 and answer my points, please
@A1Kaid, @Windjammer

Last edited by a moderator:
Bhaiyaji, only one simple question needs to be asked to which not one answer has been received/

1. What was the objective of the kargil operation?
2. Was that objective achieved?

Cheers!

Objective of Kargil was to capture point 5353. Is it so hard to understand. And yeah they achieved the objective so Pakistan won the Kargil war. Aur kya bolein.

BTW 15 pages have been spent discussing a one liner from SIR MUSHARRAF THE LIAR. Amazing :disagree:

BTW BTW if you don't know they had even won the Bangladesh war in 1971

I don't know why everyone sees the Kargil war as a disaster rather than anything else? The Kargil war was our response to Siachen invasion by India. Furthermore if the casualties are compared then Pakistan suffered much less in proportion to the previous wars with India. The only thing was that PM had not been taken into confidence and that is where all the issue stems from.

I don't disagree with Musharraf that it should have been tried - but I would be proud if it had achieved something meaningful.

I fail to understand how this guy hopes to win the elections after making such foolish statement.

Here are simple facts:

Two countries with a de-facto border.

This man launches an ill-managed war to change the border, without even taking his own compatriots into confidence.

War takes place, hundreds of people die on each side.

War ends, de-facto border is still the same without an inch of change in it.

End result - thousands of good people died for absolutely nothing! Not even taking into consideration the loss of finances involved.

And then comes the mastermind thumping his chest saying how proud he is!

Trust me guys, whoever appreciates this statement of Musharraf is even crazier than he.

Rest In Peace, dear old common sense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom