What's new

I am proud of the Kargil operation: Musharraf

Responses in red.

Yes we were because once the heights were captured your forces down below became fantastic target practice

The tide only changed because india called in the aerial force; I understand you lost some aircrafts as well and we didn't even deploy any! I wasn't saying that some gains weren't wrestled back but I am saying we were in a position of strength and that too with tens of thousands of fewer men. Sharif was a coward and he acted as if he had no plans to provide support to Kashmiri freedom fighters. He knew about the existence of the operation and be capitulated

And as pointed out (which apparently causes you to get butt hurt and emotional) we still retain some of those gains

what was the use of Kargil? Musharraf fails to answer and says it is all written in his book. Pakistan faced diplomatic pressure, lost the captured territory, and was criticized for this act.

India made good relations with Israel, relations with Russia was enhanced, Share market climbed, etc, etc.

Though I personally hate war and India did loose many of its brave soldiers, RIP to them really hats off to them.

Yes we were because once the heights were captured your forces down below became fantastic target practice

The tide only changed because india called in the aerial force; I understand you lost some aircrafts as well and we didn't even deploy any! I wasn't saying that some gains weren't wrestled back but I am saying we were in a position of strength and that too with tens of thousands of fewer men. Sharif was a coward and he acted as if he had no plans to provide support to Kashmiri freedom fighters. He knew about the existence of the operation and be capitulated

And as pointed out (which apparently causes you to get butt hurt and emotional) we still retain some of those gains

Yes, but other than occupying the posts, there was no further plan, was there? You say that things changed in when India called in the air force. Did musharaff not know about the existence of the Indian air force? Of course India would evict them using every resource at its command. If mushy planned a war and prayed that India wouldn't bomb his men using its air force, HE PLANNED TERRIBLY.

As to your occupying one or two peaks there, no it does not cause any butt hurt. They can continue sitting there for eternity for all I care. Kashmir remains India's.

Yes, but other than occupying the posts, there was no further plan, was there? You say that things changed in when India called in the air force. Did musharaff not know about the existence of the Indian air force? Of course India would evict them using every resource at its command. If mushy planned a war and prayed that India wouldn't bomb his men using its air force, HE PLANNED TERRIBLY.

As to your occupying one or two peaks there, no it does not cause any butt hurt. They can continue sitting there for eternity for all I care. Kashmir remains India's.

Musharraf begged Sharif to go and save his sorry arse when they started losing the heights one by one. This is a proven fact admitted by several Pakistanis.

Sharif knew what awaited him. He wanted a face saver that was also not given to him.

The writing was clear on the wall. It was the start of a downhill path that Pakistan has followed ever since.

Here are few more to add...

Pakistan executes a brilliantly conceived operation and intrudes several miles into disputed territory......taking Indians completely by surprise.
India launches attacks to clear the posts.....no joy suffers heavy casualties.
All the fighting takes place on the Indian side, few times the Indian aircraft venture into Pakistan air space.....they come down in flames.
Shell shocked, India turns to US and Israel for help, hence three brains at work against much smaller Pakistan....still no signs of success for the Indians.
In due course, Pakistan's clay footed PM buckles under pressure and helps Indians in saving face.
Now feeling brave, India launches attacks on withdrawing Pakistani forces and causes some casualties.
In the end, it's widely reported that Pakistan still occupies several Kargil peaks.
Kargil coffin corruption rocks the Indian government. !!

Or,
Few delusional generals in pakistan hatch a plan for localized conflict against India,
Send regular PA cadre dressed as mujhideens to capture posts, without any possibility of logistically supporting such a task ,
and as always miscalculate Indian response to such misadventures.

And the rest of the nation of pakistan, watches shamelessly thier brave soldiers being blown up by Indian Forces,

A huge political and military defeat at hands of India.

Now instead of investigation committee indicting the guilty generals, the PM is sacked and Musharraf slaps the constitution of pakistan just like ayub, yahya and zia did, and all pakistanis stand and watch in silence (as always)

If kargil was a victory for pakistan, I wish you thousand more victories like these!!

why giving time to lies of mushy ?? If anybody have read his written book,you will see it.

Never was yours and never will be yours. And trust us not to back away from the cause. In fact, once pressure on the western sector subsides we must do more to support the freedom fighters in Kashmir. I don't think diplomacy will work.

As for Kargil - much of our Air Force was grounded due to sanctions but in hindsight aerial support could have been a game changer however those areas are difficult to operate because of the altitude.

At any rate, Kashmir is unfinished business and if you ****** shmucks and fanboys on here think Pakistan would accept indian designs in the occupied territory you are sadly mistaken. If you think the freedom fighters there would opt to abandon the cause - well it's wishing thinking on your part.

India - which murders and tortures Kashmiris can be taught a valuable lesson once again.

I have no dog in this, but Musharaf was a man among men, Pakistan with him was far better than those days. It's true that Kargil operation failed due to political reasons but he had the guts to do it, and it was indeed a military success, and without international pressure, India would had got much more loss and casualties. Pakistan is in need of him.

Without International pressure, The war would have escalated to nuclear level and then causalities on both sides wouldn't have mattered.

viewer

Never was yours and never will be yours. And trust us not to back away from the cause.

At any rate, Kashmir is unfinished business and if you ****** shmucks and fanboys on here think Pakistan would accept indian designs in the occupied territory you are sadly mistaken.
we're counting on it. please continue focusing on such issues :tup:

Never was yours and never will be yours. And trust us not to back away from the cause. In fact, once pressure on the western sector subsides we must do more to support the freedom fighters in Kashmir. I don't think diplomacy will work.

As for Kargil - much of our Air Force was grounded due to sanctions but in hindsight aerial support could have been a game changer however those areas are difficult to operate because of the altitude.

At any rate, Kashmir is unfinished business and if you ****** shmucks and fanboys on here think Pakistan would accept indian designs in the occupied territory you are sadly mistaken. If you think the freedom fighters there would opt to abandon the cause - well it's wishing thinking on your part.

India - which murders and tortures Kashmiris can be taught a valuable lesson once again.

1)If use of militants was beneficial then why Hawk like mushy came to dialogue after kargil?and he followed same policy of sharif.
2)Your air force was BVR less at that time and would not have made much difference and you can even think that mushy threatened with nukes but still india went for it.
3)Yes,kashmir is unfinished business coz same army have more role in govt and even dont listen govt on issues.
Ex is AFSPA and now same army think about taking p.o.k from you guys.

This is the reason why we dnt want to solve issue and change in siachin demarcation is proof of it.

you still send militants and if we have improved then its due to the efforts we brought there and we just have graveyards for your fighters.I hope fan boys here understand that if you have 10 hawks then we have 1000 in military with govt.

No rather it's graveyard created by your occupation forces (a.k.a. Sissies) to mass dump (hide) the bodies of Kashmiri civilians.

Yes it's unfinished business and I will look very much forward to the day that this business is either resolved in a civilized fashion or by force.

Yes it's unfinished business and I will look very much forward to the day that this business is either resolved in a civilized fashion or by force.
the ball really is in your court. indians are content with the status-quo.

the question now remains: which way would you like to try, again?

Awesome. Keep trying to get Kashmir. This is really music to the ears of any enemy of Pakistan (I'm not one). Our military superiority is already unbridgeable, and will only keep growing. You can make Kashmir your national obsession, and keep breeding "freedom fighters" who burn your own lands. Kashmir will remain India's. Neither Pakistan, nor its silly mujahideens are going to take it from India.

Your SSG parachuted into Kashmir in 1965, thinking that locals will welcome them with flowers and garlands. Instead, the locals reported them to the police, and your SSGmen were all quartered. You didn't learn, you continue thinking that kashmiris will want to side with you. (I mean seriously - who in their right minds would choose to live as a Pakistani instead of as Indian, knowing where the two countries stand today, and where the two countries are headed?)

Sure, keep pretending that Kashmir is full of "freedom fighters" yearning for some help from you, since that is the only national purpose Pakistan has as a nation. Meanwhile India and Indian Kashmir will grow and prosper, while Pakistan descends into a hell hole. We will defend our Kashmir as easily as we swat flies, while all of Pakistan's energies are misspent in trying to take it. We will keep spending two percent of our GDP on defence and try to compete with China, while fully securing our nation against any Pakistani intentions. While Pakistan descends further and further into chaos.

Back
Top Bottom