What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

i hope to lay my hands on a Mercedes CLS class or S Class one day. [most likely won't be afford a new one though, pre owned]

soon to hit 300,000 km on the odometer (approx. 187,000 miles)

the car will probably outlive me :D

i hope to lay my hands on a Mercedes CLS class or S Class one day. [most likely won't be afford a new one though, pre owned]

the best Mercedes-Benz S-class in my opinion are the W140 chassis models, such as the late nineties S500

(AKA the 'big body benzos')

b72a718e0b010a19.jpg

2764267139_ba793c864f.jpg

Last edited:
Now that is a classic Merc!

Interesting you called it a "classic". In India, this car currently has started to gain a lot of popularity among the younger classic car collectors. Although not classic in any sense, the numbers at which they are being junked and lack of spare parts locally have made them very affordable.

However for me, I would love to get my hands on a heckflosse/fintail which would slowly become a collector's item along with the pontons which are still available, if searched hard.

@Abu Zolfiqar
Good choice!

w123 chassis are difficult to find in US market as many of them are being converted to bio-diesel....

i personally don't subscribe to that nonsense; but oh well

these cars are commonly used in Middle East --I remember in Lebanon every other car I saw was a w123 chassis car (mostly non-diesels, like the 200, 230E, etc.)

my car's the 3 liter diesel version (hence the D)

fintails can be found but increasingly rare; I know a Lahori dude in southern Maryland who does car restorations and he has a 1957 220S 'Ponton' series which is an absolute gem.

in fact it was at his body shop where I changed the rear left axel, as the original one had a torn CV boot and had little life left

Last edited:
w123 chassis are difficult to find in US market as many of them are being converted to bio-diesel....

i personally don't subscribe to that nonsense; but oh well

these cars are commonly used in Middle East --I remember in Lebanon every other car I saw was a w123 chassis car (mostly non-diesels, like the 200, 230E, etc.)

my car's the 3 liter diesel version (hence the D)

fintails can be found but increasingly rare; I know a Lahori dude in southern Maryland who does car restorations and he has a 1957 200S 'Ponton' series which is an absolute gem.

in fact it was at his body shop where I changed the rear left axel, as the original one had a torn CV boot and had little life left

reminds me..In India ..most of the owners break of the tri-star from the front for safer keeping. The badge is so popular its often stolen. there are quite a few rickshaws in India which have fake Mercedes badges..such is the iconic status..i'm sure it the same news in Pak as well :lol:

well in Pakistan people who keep older cars like these probably have armed guards; i know if i saw some punk trying to vandalize or steal something from my car i'd blow his brains out with my 12 guage.

throw egg at my house, break a glass, or even (try) to lay hand on me; but when it comes to car, a no holds barred approach is employed!

it's easy though to find those tri stars.....only $50 on ebay, unless you buy the whole grille assembly

and yes -- i've seen rickshaws and such with the Benz medallions; funny thing to see

If Some one knowz about this Car Please share some information about it. :cheesy:

My brother owns an BMW M6. Its such a beast/beauty. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

bmw1.jpg

Im 17 and own a Maxima(2000).

2000-2001_Nissan_Maxima.jpg

My dream car................

Audi_R8-08.jpg

Nissan_GT-R_05.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom