What's new

i have a question

hindukush

New Recruit

Reaction score
ok so whats the big deal in replicating a F-16 BLOCK 52'S engine.....as far as i know an engine is mechanical and it has nothing to do with software......cant we just reduce to small pieces one engine then put it back....do this 50 times....then on 51's time send the pieces to get cloned and then put them back again or we can mix half of the cloned pieces with half of the real pieces to fool it so on and so forth we can make our own engines :cheers:

you can dismantle every part of an engine...but then you would need a whole lot of hangars to lay down the parts on the floor and then keep track of them...so practically .....NO!!

we can number the parts with yellow markers and make patterns....thats why i said opening and closing it 50 times for practice

WOW.:woot: :woot: :woot:

i wonder why didn't anybody at kamra think of that before???

May be because it's unpractical.

Look i appreciate your patriotism and concern but this just isn't possible.

the temperature in core of engine is about 1300 to 1500 degree Celsius, and iron melt at 1000 to 1200 degree Celsius, so if you want to make get engine first u need to make such materiel and ceramics that won't melt (which we can't) or being eaten by fire, secondly the revolution at which engine blade are sniping, if u made them from just iron they will break and destroy the engine, you need to make them of some special materiel which we can't

if you can over come this than you can make jet engine

so opening and closing just won't work . . . .

Do you mean that like our mechanics (chotay ustad and baray ustad) do with Japanese Cars, over hauling of engines.

There are several problems with this approach: The precise metallurgy for parts, the meticulous manufacturing and machining to make the parts, and the tools and machines to do all this work.

the guy is just wanting to know the general outline of the process.....not a lesson in metallurgy of iron and ceramics!!!

cant we modify the rocket motors of our longest range missile into some sort of engine i mean i cant believe we can mak rockets motors and not engines.....i am sure the edges and first thurst of missile is more in temperature than that of jet planes exhaust

ok so whats the big deal in replicating a F-16 BLOCK 52'S engine.....as far as i know an engine is mechanical and it has nothing to do with software......cant we just reduce to small pieces one engine then put it back....do this 50 times....then on 51's time send the pieces to get cloned and then put them back again or we can mix half of the cloned pieces with half of the real pieces to fool it so on and so forth we can make our own engines :cheers:

What about the materials ?

You can clone it but can you develop the high quality materials?
If not then the engines would break apart

Even China is having difficulty in making a modern turbofan fighter engine. There are only a small handful of corporations/nations that can do this.

Think - if even a small jet engine for a business jet costs over a million $, it's not because the buyers are getting gouged, it is because these engines are phenominally high-tech.

Here's a good article on gas turbines that reveals a bit of the tech and how difficult it is. How about turbine blades that are "grown" in a vacuum and consist of a single metal crystal?

Crown Jewels - February

That article refers to the GE 9h gas turbine, the worlds largest turbine engine. It's designed for power generation, but the principles are identical. Take a look at this monster!

Note the people below and right of the support stand!

industrial.jpg

Back
Top Bottom