What's new

I NEED HELP WITH THIS COIN

sherin616

Reaction score
Country
India
I found this coin while reinovating my house can any one from middle east(I think this coin is from saudi) explain about this coin and its value pls

20160219_173456-1.jpg
20160219_173631-1.jpg

The coin is Omani. On the front it says the name of the sultan Qaboos bin Saeed on the top. It is a 5 baisa coin. Oman used Indian rupee in the 1900s and this is how i believe their coins are still named baisa from the word 'paisa' as there isnt a 'p' in Arabic.

Thanks for the information guys

First pic.

Top: Qaboos Bin Saeed

Bottom: Sultan e Oman

2nd Pic

Bottom : 1395 (Islamic Hijri year. the year coin was forged.)
What will be the normal year

i wonder what the second pic says too , the first pic says kapoos , son of saiid , the second pic looks like ابلیس or satan

pardon me it says in fact ابلیسه

i wonder what the second pic says too , the first pic says kapoos , son of saiid , the second pic looks like ابلیس or satan

pardon me it says in fact ابلیسه
It only says baisa - arabic way of saying Paisa -

The coin has some antique value to it - find the right buyer and you can get some good return on it -

Only advice i can give you dont try to clean it - it will loose its value -

It only says baisa - arabic way of saying Paisa -

The coin has some antique value to it - find the right buyer and you can get some good return on it -

Only advice i can give you dont try to clean it - it will loose its value -

i personally am not an antique collector , the collector collects to sell , i'm interested in the historicity of the object , if you followed my thread on pre-islamic persian art you see the art is drastically different in a span of say 200-300 years , and that says a lot

Back
Top Bottom