What's new

IAF’s trainer aircraft woes

kurup

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

With HAL’s IJT-36 Project been stuck IAF has worries of a different kind, Grounding of Stage I HPT-32 trainers nearly 3 years ago meant that its Stage II trainer aircraft Kiran MK-I/II had to shoulder responsibility to train newbie pilots in Stage I and Stage II .

Youngest aircraft is 24 years old and been in service for over 42 years, most of the aircraft’s are reaching their air frame life’s and additional flight training hours in recent years due to grounding of HPT-32 has made matters worse .

Induction of Pilatus PC-7 Mk 2 from Jan 2013 will ease pressure on the Kiran fleet, but for how long air force will be able to maintain the fleet with its replacement in not in sight? Sensing trouble with local project, Russia already has been Pitching YAK-130 Combat Trainer/Fighter for India.

Recent additional order for 20 Hawk ajt has been regarding expected delays in HAL HJT-36 Sitara jet trainer, Air force has requirements for over 200 Stage-II aircraft’s, HAL needs to fix HJT-36 Sitara, India cannot afford to buy 200 Trainer aircraft’s from abroad.

Current Scenario

Stage-I / II training on Kiran MK-I/II, Stage III on Bae’s Hawk AJT.

Scenario from 2013

Stage-1 Pilatus PC-7 Mk 2, Stage-2 Kiran MK-I/II, and Stage III on Bae’s Hawk AJT.

Scenario from 2015/16 onwards.

Stage-1 Pilatus PC-7 Mk 2, Stage-2 HJT-36 Sitara, and Stage III on Bae’s Hawk AJT.

IAF

So after addressing the worries of stage I ac in Pilatus PC-7, the IAF has got into trouble in it's stage 2 program since IJT Sitara is facing delays & is very hard to get by 2015 or so, this means it will make buying another trainer ac of the shelf from a foreign vendor inevitable, i.e. making all the 3 stages of our training program dependent on foreign nations, don't understand why there is back-up for such important national security emergencies, how will IAF become best when the pilots it trains doesn't get the best facilities/training??

And here I thought IAF is some lethal force..... You are a two bit operation with a lot of bark but no bite....

And here I thought IAF is some lethal force..... You are a two bit operation with a lot of bark but no bite....

Yeah Yeah . Try using your Archaeological Superiority Aircraft ( read f 7 variants ) against us and you will know . we have more capable fighter planes in Naval Arm of the air Force , than your silly air force has .

Or a suggestion Learn to deal with BSF first . It's more than enough to keep you occupied for several millenniums

Now that u have ensured bangladesh will be taken care of by BSF all you need to worry about is the Chinese and the Pakistanis....

Good luck with that with no fighters ....lol

^^^He is a bangladeshi .....Enough said .

!diot even does not understand the difference b/w a fighter and a trainer .

^^^He is a bangladeshi .....Enough said .

!diot even does not understand the difference b/w a fighter and a trainer .

You better hope that is also the case with the Chinese ...... I am sure they will be shaking with laughter that you have no planes to train your pilots.....

You better hope that is also the case with the Chinese ...... I am sure they will be shaking with laughter that you have no planes to train your pilots.....

But why will Chinese come to ur rescue especially if we have no issues with them ? I mean do u really think u r that important for Chinese to take unnecessary panga with us? :)

It amuses to see that every time an Indian brings an argument , the pakistanis and bangladeshi cheer -leaders run & hide behind "father" china .

They don't even have ball$ to talk in behalf of their country bcoz they know when compared to India their country suck$.

I won't say anything about Pakistanis ...... But u ppl assure us BSF is enough for Bangladesh....... Why do the so called wanna be superpower care what we think..... Go stand next to an actual superpower china .... Why get annoyed when comparison is made....

I won't say anything about Pakistanis ...... But u ppl assure us BSF is enough for Bangladesh....... Why do the so called wanna be superpower care what we think..... Go stand next to an actual superpower china .... Why get annoyed when comparison is made....

Sorry we don't give a $hit to what a bangladeshi is thinking.

This was thread about IAF in India defence section.

You came to post here where there was no reference to B'desh , which shows your insecurity.

And about China part , you should go read about 67, 87 and 71.

Chinese cheerleader at it's best :D

we don't get annoyed of the comparison, just laugh at the reality that China has kept cheerleaders to do the job.

Well all I can say I did not come cheap.....

I do not understand why we plan a replacement with a first time product. I will not like to do that, if we are making something new, it should reach a certain amount of maturity before we promise to Induct. A better way of doing things is if you need to replace 100 aircraft, order 50 from outside and keep 50 on standby if the DRDO could meet fine, else at-least we have 50 aircraft functional.

Sorry we don't give a $hit to what a bangladeshi is thinking.

This was thread about IAF in India defence section.

You came to post here where there was no reference to B'desh , which shows your insecurity.

And about China part , you should go read about 67, 87 and 71.

Insecure not remotely.... As there is such an abundance of hindutva trolls on the Bangladesh section I though I should take a peek at your...... And rest is..... You know.... Fun time was had by all....

Back
Top Bottom