What's new

IAF An-32 crashes in Arunachal Pradesh

jawadqamar

Reaction score
IAF An-32 crashes in Arunachal Pradesh

An Air Force transport plane with at least 14 people on board crashed on Tuesday in Arunachal Pradesh. Two helicopters have been sent to find out the debris of the plane.According to sources, IAF AN-32 aircraft with eight IAF personnel and six civilians took off from Mechuka in Arunachal Pradesh and went missing shortly after. It was expected to reach Tawang area.The AN-32 plane had flown from Dibrugarh in Assam to Mechuka in Arunachal from where it took off again with the civilians for Jorhat at around 2 pm, after which the aircraft went missing, said IAF spokesman Wing Commander P Sahu.Authorities have issued orders for conducting an investigation into the tragic incident.

not again recent crashes inculde 1st crash of SU30,Mig29 and Mig21 i think IAF is very nervous.

its after a very long time a transpo plane of indian airforce has cashed ...fighter though crash but transport is a rare thing....last time an an 32 crashed was in 1997 or 1999 not sure it crashed while landing in delhi in 0 visibility...

Another 'technical snag' I guess, of course they'll never be able to hold anyone responsible, they'll go in circles for a week, blame lack of spare parts, economy, china, aliens, bad omens. No one will get fired, nothing will change, no proper inquiry, and tomorrow another plane will crash, at which point they'll repeat the process. makes me sick.

If I paid taxes in India, this is about when I'd ask for a partial refund. I wouldn't pay to watch these people make fools of themselves

its after a very long time a transpo plane of indian airforce has cashed ...fighter though crash but transport is a rare thing....last time an an 32 crashed was in 1997 or 1999 not sure it crashed while landing in delhi in 0 visibility...

The last time a PLANE crashed was around two weeks ago. of course they couldn't figure out why, and nothing changed, I don't even know why Pakistan bothers with SAM's or interceptors, just stick around long enough and the planes will drop like a rock, all by themselves like a big boy.

IAF plane goes missing with 12 onboard.

A transport aircraft of the Indian Air Force carrying six IAF personnel and four army men on Tuesday went missing over the mountains in Arunachal Pradesh near the border with China and is feared to have crashed.

Official sources in Itanagar said the AN-32 cargo aircraft, on a routine food supply sortie, went missing after it left Mechuka, along the China border in Arunachal Pradesh's Along district, at around 2 pm. The plane went off the radar at 4:30 pm, IAF sources in Jorhat said.

The identity of the crew and other passengers were not disclosed but an IAF spokesman in Shillong said the air crew was led by a wing commander. Among the IAF men were two wing commanders, two sqadron leaders and one flight lieutenant on board the aircraft, IAF sources in Jorhat said.

There were 12 people in the plane -- two pilots, six IAF men and four army personnel -- who were returning to the Roroya air base at Jorhat after dropping food sorties, said the sources.

The Indian Air Force conducted an air reconnaissance in the afternoon in the Arunachal mountains, looking for either the plane or its wreckage, the IAF spokesman said in Shillong.

Not ruling out the possibility of a crash, he said the search operation would resume early on Wednesday. The army and paramilitary forces on the ground in the area have been alerted, he said.

According to the spokesman, the Russia-made aircraft took off from Mohanbari airport in Assam for Mechuka and was scheduled to return to Jorhat, but lost contact while flying over Arunachal.

A report from Guwahati said the IAF aircraft was carrying food for sorties to the Arunachal Pradesh-China border at Mechuka when it went missing.

The plane, belonging to the Jorhat air base, had taken off from Mohanbari in Assam's Dibrugarh district. Defence CPRO U Upasani in Kolkata [ Images ] said the search could not be carried out for long today because of bad weather

Another 'technical snag' I guess, of course they'll never be able to hold anyone responsible, they'll go in circles for a week, blame lack of spare parts, economy, china, aliens, bad omens. No one will get fired, nothing will change, no proper inquiry, and tomorrow another plane will crash, at which point they'll repeat the process. makes me sick.

If I paid taxes in India, this is about when I'd ask for a partial refund. I wouldn't pay to watch these people make fools of themselves

Relax..are you aware of the local flying conditions in the area where this AN 32 has come down ?

ALG's in best of time are difficult to operate from, with the monsoons the flying conditions become worse. The aircraft is a trusted work horse of the IAF. In those parts the weather changes very quickly & small windows are available for AC to operate mostly before 1200 hrs only.

The AF blokes are a lifeline for the IA in those parts more so starting now till Oct.

... and if you find it difficult to hold your tongue.. bite it.

The last time a PLANE crashed was around two weeks ago. of course they couldn't figure out why, and nothing changed, I don't even know why Pakistan bothers with SAM's or interceptors, just stick around long enough and the planes will drop like a rock, all by themselves like a big boy.

i think you should take a job in Pakistan army as weapon acquisition advisor.it will great help for india.:rofl:

Jun 10, 2009

Shillong:

Wreckage of the Indian Air Force AN-32 aircraft, which went missing in Arunachal Pradesh with 13 people on board, has been found, police said on Wednesday.

IAF began aerial reconnaissance in the morning to trace the transport aircraft that went missing over the mountains of Arunachal Pradesh on Tuesday evening and was feared to have crashed.

e7cb7af30d17a1bfd77c2fade8f6d853.jpg

The aircraft was on its way to Jorhat in Assam from the Mechuka advanced landing ground (ALG) in West Siang, close to the China border.

The Russian-built AN-32, a reliable workhorse, took off at 2 pm from Mechuka but lost radio contact soon. The aircraft had six IAF personnel and “six or seven” other passengers, said to be from the Army. There is no motorable road to Mechuka.

Three IAF officers are among those on board. Names and ranks of those in the aircraft have not been released.

Wreckage of missing IAF aircraft found

A:a meteor shower?
B:not that big.
A:an ice storm ?
B:not that small.
A:aliens?
B:not that fast.
A:a lightning storm?
B:not that frequently.
A:then what the hell
B:crashing IAF
A:sorry to hear that
[/QUO

In VERY poor taste..Er was it meant to be funny ?

Very sad for the lives aircrafts can always be replaced!

Very sad for the lives aircrafts can always be replaced!

Tell that to the guy at post # 12, who finds it funny when soldiers & airmen lose their lives in doing their duty to their nation.

...& this is a military forum

at least this ghoul said "sorry to hear that" ,still much kind than someone try to making fun of one hundred thousand's dead in the earthquake,how can this ghoul defend himself"what goes around ,comes around"

deeply appreciate your " sorry to hear that".. and your " much kind'..

Gloat in your glee on the death of brave soldiers.

Relax..are you aware of the local flying conditions in the area where this AN 32 has come down ?

ALG's in best of time are difficult to operate from, with the monsoons the flying conditions become worse. The aircraft is a trusted work horse of the IAF. In those parts the weather changes very quickly & small windows are available for AC to operate mostly before 1200 hrs only.

The AF blokes are a lifeline for the IA in those parts more so starting now till Oct.

... and if you find it difficult to hold your tongue.. bite it.

I admit I was pretty worked up, that was my bad, but make no mistake, I want nothing but the best for the IAF and India of course.

The IAF has a shamefully high crash rate, of course planes crash, but 4 crashes in a month? there is something seriously wrong with the way the IAF goes about it's business, what else could explain it? and what's worse is that they seem to be doing nothing to address the issue, I haven't read anything detailing the causes and subsequent procedural changes put in place to prevent crashes in the future.
how can one not be frustrated? if no one chooses to acknowledge the problem we'll never fix it. Its a terrible waste of lives and equipment

there may have been legitimate unforeseeable causes for this crash, but what about the Sukhoi and two Migs that crashed not a month ago? I haven't seen an article about that yet, so should we just move on and forget about it and hope nothing happens in the future?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom