What's new

IAF kicks off contest to make single-engine fighters in India

but manohar said we have no money

Lots of money has been earned due to cheap oil- plus Rs 30000 crore recently recovered in Black money taxation-

Black money taxes + spectrum sale + low oil prices + massive increase in collection of taxes compared to last year. India's coffers are up to the brim. Lots of defence deals coming up this month.

2 -2 sare lelo.
Wtf India should rather speed up n add Tejas just to fill the numbers.

And buy only rafael in a larger number. It's not a joke to add so many platforms.

I think that we are Aiming to replace ALL old planes
such as Mig21 ; Mig 27 ; Jaguar ; Mirage 2000 and Mig 29
in Twenty years

Of course Mig 21 and Mig 27 will be replaced in Five years time

SO Five planes will be replaced by Three new ones

LCA and LWF will replace the Mig-21s. Rafale will replace the Mig-27s and old Jaguars.

Mig-29, M-2000 and upgraded Jaguars will come up for replacements much later. These will be gone before 2035.

basically india is gonna buy the gripen. the Russian's dont have a single engined fighter and your neighbour knows the f16 inside out.

@A.P. Richelieu kill/stun birds with one stone?

the rafale and the tejas will take a hit.

on the plus side they can use the gef414 engines for the amca too when the fgfa order is slashed.
dont forget 20% of the parts are from murica
oh and dont forget us too we [bae systems] have a stake and in the gripen too.

87625-saab-ja39-gripen.jpg

basically india is gonna buy the gripen. the Russian's dont have a single engined fighter and your neighbour knows the f16 inside out.

@A.P. Richelieu kill/stun birds with one stone?

the rafale and the tejas will take a hit.

on the plus side they can use the gef414 engines for the amca too when the fgfa order is slashed.
dont forget 20% of the parts are from murica
oh and dont forget us too we [bae systems] have a stake and in the gripen too.

87625-saab-ja39-gripen.jpg

That post is so depressing. :(

That post is so depressing. :(
oh im sorry for the post, i was just being truthful, i shouldn't have done that.

but thats how its gonna end up unfortunately, weather you like it or not.
do note the gripen is more suited to india's needs than any other plane.
a high tech cheap singled engined plane from a company begging you to buy them. you cant go wrong.
they sould have gone for this years ago, like 2012.

i fail to understand the logic of iaf here. i have kept quiet on it but, it is indeed true. and the new government is more caniving then the last, this makes them more dangerous than the previous. expect problems in the distant future.
sad but true.

Unless IAF is interested in F-35, Gripens are coming. They might help ADA also.

I wouldnt rule out F16. Political influence could play a big role. It's a bit bizarre to even consider F16 or Griphen, because we all ruled them out from the beginning in the MMRCA days.

but manohar said we have no money
chicha, you need to learn business from Gujaratis.

India on 10 wealthiest countries list, takes 7th spot

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ec...ountry-list-takes-7th-spot/article9021692.ece

chicha, you need to learn business from Gujaratis.

India on 10 wealthiest countries list, takes 7th spot

http://www.thehindu.com/business/Ec...ountry-list-takes-7th-spot/article9021692.ece

Tere Ghar Akhbaar nahin aataa ?(By Honey singh)

india may also choose f16, just to annoy Pakistan.
they are just trolling them, by doing so they will ensure that Lockheed and saab dont do deals with pakistan
in the end they will just buy 18-36 fighters
it makes no sense to have LCA and than throw this tender

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom