What's new

IAF may acquire AIM-132 ASRAAM for Jaguar and Mirage-2000

PYTHON-5 is already selected for LCA-TEJAS...about DERBY i am not sure...donno which BVR it will use..any ideas any one..?

PYTHON-5 is already selected for LCA-TEJAS...about DERBY i am not sure...donno which BVR it will use..any ideas any one..?

If Python-5 is selected for our LCA then it's going to Kickass fighter.....:smitten:

and for BVR missile we are going to use ASTRA missile in future....

Astra missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Astra has a 120 km Head on pass range....:woot:
and 25 km Tail chase rang......:woot:

And New Mark-2 Astra going to have Max range of 150 KM:woot:
And tail Chase range up to 35km:woot:

what about russian AAM which is supposed to have range of 400 km.
can this be carried on LCA..?

but Dont you think its range is on lower side...anything new on ASTRA..???

Astra is longer range LRAAM but python-5 SRAAM u can compare python with AIM-9X, ARAAM, IRIS-T, A-Darter

python-5

Last edited by a moderator:
what about russian AAM which is supposed to have range of 400 km.
can this be carried on LCA..?
I think all the Russian missile which India have it can use by LCA coze of 100% source code which russia provide us. may be if we select us f/a in mrca then may be russia may shout other they dnt

the best part is mbda will also help us develop our own missile

India to replace its Magic heat-seeking air-to-air missiles with Asraam missiles

India plans to replace its Magic heat-seeking air-to-air missiles with the Asraam missile. Magic is a French developed, 89 kg (196 pound) missile with a max range of 11 kilometers. It was introduced in 1975, and underwent a major upgrade in the late 1980s. But Magic is considered past its prime.

Asraam entered service in 2002, mainly developed by Britain. It is an 88 kg (194 pound) missile with a range of 18 kilometers and a high capability heat seeker sensor system. The Asraam would replace Magic missiles now carried by a hundred Jaguar and fifty Mirage 2000 jet fighters.

To get the deal, Asraam manufacturer MBDA agreed to jointly develop, with India, a new generation air-to-air heat seeking missile.

Air Weapons: The Magic Is Gone

wise decision..???

As for now and for M2K/Jaguar OK. But IRIS-T is better than ASRAAM. We are getting RVV-MD for future FGFA but we should cooperate with Israel for Python-6.

tell me is there any project for a 150+km air to air missile by india ???

off topic ...
Amazing pic as the pak defence collage on the top of the page...
really proffesionally done ... grt work :) :pdf:

There is with russia KH-100 with range ~400 km., the awac killer...but have not heard about this lately...

tell me is there any project for a 150+km air to air missile by india ???

off topic ...
Amazing pic as the pak defence collage on the top of the page...
really proffesionally done ... grt work :) :pdf:

Izdelie-180PD underdevelopment for PAKFA/FGFA said to have a range of 250 km as well as Izdelie-810 with 400 km range. Izdelie-180 solid-fuel R-77 derivative 110-140 km. India developing Astra with two variants, one with 44 km another with 100 km. There were talks about future ramjet version with 150+ km.

Back
Top Bottom