What's new

IAF Mirage 2000 upgrade: Scam of Biblical Proportions

a bad decision is a bad one

why were these jets not upgraded at mid life??any answer

Both are bought in early 80s some 30 year old ones.

The experienced pilots on them would have retired or will retire soon. .

It's not just the pilot but ground staff as well.
Although I don't agree with it because it's not as if we will keep flying them forever. IAF mostly behave like a brat they should learn a bit from pak pilot who fly American rejects with pride and honour.
But 40 friggin million for mirage is insane. Which no matter what we do can't be upgraded beyond certain point

It is an even bigger waste of time explaining all this, because believe me, I have already done that and found out. Clearly the point of the thread is to keep on saying how everybody are idiots and assholes, unlike PDF members who can understand it all so easily. There comes a point in a thread where nothing constructive can be gleamed, and I think that point has been crossed.

when u keep on justifying a ludicrous upgrade at 40 million per plane what do u expect me to do??

u even don't know the equipment being put in and are defending this??

and

now u have nothing to counter??

my points are well founded

why didn't we get a new platform looking at future??
For the last time (I don't know why I'm spending so much time on this):

Because a new platform would also include new costs of training, maintainence logistics etc, which would turn out to be a lot more expensive. Not to mention the fact that it would takea long time to induct a new platform, and the IAF is short of squadron strength, and has to keep all available fighters potent. Not to mention that we are getting three new platforms in future, and adding yet another would complicate things a lot for the IAF.

totally agree.................

yaar who is accusing u...............i meant ppl are coming after me,,,,chill yaar

Yaar bolta paya hai
Meinu toh yee Punjabi lag raha hai

Mai Kya ji paaji sasriyacaal

Aur Chill bhi

Tusi Delhi Mein raheteho

It's not just the pilot but ground staff as well.
Although I don't agree with it because it's not as if we will keep flying them forever. IAF mostly behave like a brat they should learn a bit from pak pilot who fly American rejects with pride and honour.
But 40 friggin million for mirage is insane. Which no matter what we do can't be upgraded beyond certain point

this is the point

they are already 30 years old and u spend 40 million more??

are we so foolish?
answer-----------------------------apparently yes

and then there were guys who were unhappy at gorkshov costs

tell them to look at this deal 
Yaar bolta paya hai
Meinu toh yee Punjabi lag raha hai

Mai Kya ji paaji sasriyacaal
sat srii akal ji

tuhadi photo badi changi hai..........lol

when u keep on justifying a ludicrous upgrade at 40 million per plane what do u expect me to do??

u even don't know the equipment being put in and are defending this??
You might want to refrain from remarks on what I know or don't know.

I am not trying to defend anything, I am not the IAF's legal cell. I was simply trying to explain to you the difference between flyaway cost and aquisition cost, and the troubles of inducting a new platform. I did that because I was under the mistaken impression that you started this thread with proper intent to discuss - I was not aware that you were simply waiting for a chance to call everybody names.

So yes, everybody are assholes, everybody are lunatics, india is doomed. Bibilical plague and the beast of the apocalypse soon coming to your town. Adieu.

The better option was

1)mig-35
2)mig-29 upg

I am not trying to defend anything, I am not the IAF's legal cell. I was simply trying to explain to you the difference between flyaway cost and aquisition cost, and the troubles of inducting a new platform. I did that because I was under the mistaken impression that you started this thread with proper intent to discuss - I was not aware that you were simply waiting for a chance to call everybody names.

So yes, everybody are assholes, everybody are lunatics, india is doomed. Bibilical plague and the beast of the apocalypse soon coming to your town. Adieu.

if everyone starts justifying these things like u then yes we are actually doomed

reasons??

1)upgradation of a 30 year old platform for 40 million
2)trying to buy a 4.5 gen jet for more than 120 million each
3)simultaneously trying to develop a 5 th generation fighter
4)simultaneously working on a 4 th gen fighter

all this when growth rate is 4.5 percent

this is the point

they are already 30 years old and u spend 40 million more??

are we so foolish?
answer-----------------------------apparently yes

and then there were guys who were unhappy at gorkshov costs

tell them to look at this deal 

sat srii akal ji

tuhadi photo badi changi hai..........lol

Mehrbani hai ji tuhadi

Tusi Chill TE yaar ekte use karte ho

Delhite ho na :D

& I know answer to some of your questions
The Upgrades will take so much time because at 1 time only 2 planes will be upgraded
Read this somewhere

& I think 40 million price tag includes some items hidden from general public
Like TOT or missiles
& French stuff is expensive but durable :cheers:

Don't worry son it will......rather its on. India is suffering so much so food is scarce economy is doomed. Don't you see state of state it's not funny how scam are everywhere and yet the left over peanuts are wasted on stupid projects.

i started this thread to highlight the poor,foolish,worthless decisions of iaf..............there is a reason we have only 30 squadrons left.this organisation

1)prefers useless obsolete mig-21 over tejas
2)upgrads a plane after 30 years as against 15-16 years
3)wants the most costly 4 th gen plane ever built 
Mehrbani hai ji tuhadi

Tusi Chill TE yaar ekte use karte ho

Delhite ho na :D

& I know answer to some of your questions
The Upgrades will take so much time because at 1 time only 2 planes will be upgraded
Read this somewhere

& I think 40 million price tag includes some items hidden from general public
Like TOT or missiles
& French stuff is expensive but durable :cheers:

there is pact for mica missiles too but this upgrade is laughable
ideally they should have upgraded this in 2000-2005 period but no...............iaf is so smart 
Don't worry son it will......rather its on. India is suffering so much so food is scarce economy is doomed. Don't you see state of state it's not funny how scam are everywhere and yet the left over peanuts are wasted on stupid projects.

i guess ppl don't read newspapers or indian growth predictions

Last edited:
I have quoted many IAF officials stating that the upgrades will make them "potent and relevant" for the next 20 years. They will be better than pak's F-16s in most respects. Not to mention JF-17s. BTW pakistan will be flying mirage-3s and F-7s for another ten years, compared to which these birds...

How upgraded IAFmirages will be better then upgraded PAF F-16s? please compare and explain.

How upgraded mirages will be better then upgraded F-16s? please compare and explain.

there is no way they can be
fanboyism apart there is zero chance

in engine department it getts *** kicked
in radar department too--------------it gets fucked

mlu f-16 is almost equal to mig-29 upg(upg is tad better due to better jammers and having 2 engines)

PAF planes have one of the most advance jammers pods, and same jammer version is inbuilt in new ones. PAF planes new and old are customized as per PAF requirements, one of which was to get capability to handle all sorts of EW environment, they are upgraded to handle MKI and MMRCA only problem is that they are low on numbers. US had offered better version but PAF did not had funds to procure and handle such tech.

there are rumors that even now some US companies are pushing for radar upgrade to AESA standard for PAF F-16s which they offer in the market.

Btw don't you guys know before the debate that retirement phase of mirage 2000 started during 2006.
Even rich Arabs didn't upgrade and want to sell their mirage for peanuts.

Back
Top Bottom