What's new

IAF successfully fires long-range air-to-air missile ” MICA” from upgraded Mirage-2000

Used Mirages with 15-20 years of life left in it, at around 20-30 million a piece is still a viable option given that the entire support infrastructure exists, and all the experience gathered by veterans.
No doubt mirages were very potent aircrafts and thats why after kargil IAF asked for more of them.

Can we get some extra mirages from ME countries?
These planes are worth every penny, i hope some how we can get 2 squadrons of mirages....

I wish IAF looks into acquiring some Mirage 2000s and upgrade them domestically. Such low numbers doesn't justify such high upgrade cost.

The high cost was due to the fact, that India goes for the Deep upgrades, and the very critical upgrade such as adding MDPU in its avionics, which was taken from Rafale program, increasing significantly its capability and sensor fussion capability.

Israelis offered similar upgrade at half the price

Yes, but its good we goes for the original OEMs looking at the Rafale induction in IAF.

Can we get some extra mirages from ME countries?
These planes are worth every penny, i hope some how we can get 2 squadrons of mirages....

Qatar has 12, and I guarantee that they would not have flown each aircraft even for 3000 hours, and by next year they will start getting Rafales to replace them...

I don't remember India buying used aircrafts, anyone ?

The high cost was due to the fact, that India goes for the Deep upgrades, and the very critical upgrade such as adding MDPU in its avionics, which was taken from Rafale program, increasing significantly its capability and sensor fussion capability.

Yes, but its good we goes for the original OEMs looking at the Rafale induction in IAF.

Hope that MDPU gets into LCA too..

Nope...No other manufacturer can mach OEM quality .... OEM bole to dinchak maal.
Legal obligations too,as a customer we can't sent equipment to third party without permission from OEM.

Legal obligations too,as a customer we can't sent equipment to third party without permission from OEM.

When OEM is ready to serve you then why you want to go for second option.... If cost is matter then you can work on that same as rafale aircraft...If you want to get more into that...try to find out why we lost these many migs... We are getting AK-47 from other country, even then original AK-47 is available at almost same price from OEM...

I
Qatar has 12, and I guarantee that they would not have flown each aircraft even for 3000 hours, and by next year they will start getting Rafales to replace them...
thanks i think we can make our mirage fleet more deadlier if we can some how get them....IAF will take out more than double flying hours from it...

what about the engine? i remember stephen saying its brand new when i said it isn't but upgraded.
for $40 million each thats way to much i wont be suprised to find arabs thinking theres something wrong here. i smell a rat, a big one. what justfies a an upgrade that cost so much you can buy a brand new fighter jet. not even the structure of the aircraft is not upgraded. i wont be suprised to lean the frame goes before the avionics. them being deployed in the kashmir region that would give them a beating too. sure it can fly there just fine but the toll on the frame is increased due to the harshness of the environment.
i know this is not the thread but you seem to be the right guy i guess.
dassault publicly said the service rate is guaranteed to be at least 75% now is that percentage only if it flies a certain number of hours up to the point where there need a check up. or is that you can fly for as long as you want and the rate would still be 75%.

I want specific answer not troll aswer. Do we have Air to ground missile systems with 200-300 KM range?

Just curious, if you do want to attack Pakistan from well witihin from your side, why do you need air-to-suface misiles?

Just about any normal misile with 200-300 km range would do it.

What is the wisdom in that? :-)

what about the engine? i remember stephen saying its brand new when i said it isn't but upgraded.
for $40 million each thats way to much i wont be suprised to find arabs thinking theres something wrong here. i smell a rat, a big one. what justfies a an upgrade that cost so much you can buy a brand new fighter jet. not even the structure of the aircraft is not upgraded. i wont be suprised to lean the frame goes before the avionics. them being deployed in the kashmir region that would give them a beating too. sure it can fly there just fine but the toll on the frame is increased due to the harshness of the environment.
i know this is not the thread but you seem to be the right guy i guess.
dassault publicly said the service rate is guaranteed to be at least 75% now is that percentage only if it flies a certain number of hours up to the point where there need a check up. or is that you can fly for as long as you want and the rate would still be 75%.
Under this upgrade, entire airframe is to be stripped down to increase its service life by 20+ years, all new wiring, new mission computers, glass cockpit, new ew suite, new radar, HMDS, new weapons like MicaIR and RF, few other avionics components from Rafale. Besides IAF's love for this aircraft is not hidden along with decades of good experience. Its worth it.

Just curious, if you do want to attack Pakistan from well witihin from your side, why do you need air-to-suface misiles?

Just about any normal misile with 200-300 km range would do it.

What is the wisdom in that? :-)
That is true but one shoud have options

Back
Top Bottom