What's new

IAF's Sukhoi jets to be upgraded to fifth generation fighters

I see more and more bragging on media than an actual attempt. This is making few a laughing stock than what they intended it to do with such bragging i.e., assertiveness.

Many are already so frightened, think what will happen when these 'bragging' realized. About laughing stock who is more than those who never do anything and think of getting everything for free! lol

We have around 150 MKI is not a good number for you? Mig-29 upgrade started. Mirage-2000 deal signed. LCH flight testing continues. PAK FA going well. F-35 under consideration. Mig-29K inducted. Jags upgraded. What more your need?

It seems after being all done with its own project i.e., AMCA and stealth LCA now IAF wants to divert attention to something less difficult.
Such an immature post. HOw is MKI upg related to AMCA and LCA with stealth or whatsoever?

Pretty much all fighters in IAF inventory are due for upg. Mig-29, M2K, Jaguar and now MKI.
MKI being a potent fighter in the region, IAF wants it much better than the current standards.

We have around 150 MKI is not a good number for you? Mig-29 upgrade started. Mirage-2000 deal signed. LCH flight testing continues. PAK FA going well. F-35 under consideration. Mig-29K (to be) inducted. Jags upgraded. What more your need?

Concentrate on bold parts. You are yourself agreeing with my post.

Concentrate on bold parts. You are yourself agreeing with my post.
I hope you realize that this statement was by the Russian and not India or the IAF. They have still not released a statement.

Fifth generation standard.

Late 4th generation yes .

reduction to RCS

new cockpit and new weapons + AESA radae MANY CROSS OVER TECH FROM the PAK FA

will give us the new IAF SUPER SU30MKI

CAPABILITY WISE EQUAL or better than any 4 generation fighter alive

The Russians seem to specialize in these near 5th gen aircraft...4.5, 4.75, 4.99 gen aircraft, its essentially always a marketing ploy for an aviation industry reliant on foreign customers as its only life line. What separates 4th and 5th generation aircraft, first and for most, is the stealth capability. The mki is the complete opposite of stealth, being so large that a blind person may actually be able to pick it out.
The mki is a superb platform, but it is a 4th gen aircraft, but why does that have to take away from how formidable it is. It may be the most advanced and capable 4th gen aircraft out there...there is no need to make it something it is not, which is a 5th gen aircraft.
I am assuming the IAF agrees because they are procuring a large number of true 5th gen aircraft that will leave the mki in the dust.

"near 5th gen capabilitites" ya coin a new term which is only seen in India. "Near 5th Gen" ? Wasn't 4.5 sufficient to mean what you want to say? Okay lets make a new term for Indian SUs. 4.9 Generation Aircraft.. would that help?

As of I know, that might be an RCS reduction approach at most. An aircraft with 20Meter of RCS is being converted into a jet that would have RCS of 0.02 or 0.002 is unrealistic. If India is only able to get its RCS 50%-70% down keeping its airframe's basics the same.. that would be a leap ahead and that would still mean RSC Approaching 4-5M. Talk of making it "near stealth" is wishful and immature.

$2.

"near 5th gen capabilitites" ya coin a new term which is only seen in India. "Near 5th Gen" ? Wasn't 4.5 sufficient to mean what you want to say? Okay lets make a new term for Indian SUs. 4.9 Generation Aircraft.. would that help?

As of I know, that might be an RCS reduction approach at most. An aircraft with 20Meter of RCS is being converted into a jet that would have RCS of 0.02 or 0.002 is unrealistic. If India is only able to get its RCS 50% Down keeping its airframe's basics the same.. that would be a leap ahead. Talk of making it "near stealth" is also wishful and immature.

$2.

It is said by russian not Indian. care to read from the start. Thanks

As of I know, that might be an RCS reduction approach at most. An aircraft with 20Meter of RCS is being converted into a jet that would have RCS of 0.02 or 0.002 is unrealistic. If India is only able to get its RCS 50% Down keeping its airframe's basics the same.. that would be a leap ahead. Talk of making it "near stealth" is also wishful and immature.

$2.

mr.troll .....
the statement wasn't came from India nor from IAF,it was from RUSSIA.

you both are failing to defend the point and diverting it to "Russians said so - we did't we didn't.

On the main note, did you care to read what I am answering to and who am I addressing in the reply?

you both are failing to defend the point and diverting it to "Russians said so - we did't we didn't".

So ?? we didn't say that it will close to 5th generation and that is a fact . You can't start with a sarcastic remark and blame other from diverting from the topic. We can always discuss of the merits of his statement in a manly way.

The title itself is wrong. Instead it should have been made," IAF MKI to get near 5th gen capabilitites".

said by Dharmachakra.

You got to make yourself new pair of those.

You guys are balls of oxygen. Without caring to see who I am posting to and what I am commenting at you take it to your home-land and "we" and all that immature things. Go read the post that I am answering to. Come-on let some sensibility be there before patriotism.

Now this is what you call an Indian attitude.

Back
Top Bottom