ICC Champions Trophy 2017 : News, Update and Discussion

Pakistan WON OMG I'm so happy!!

Guess whose celebrating tonight?! ME!!

So its

India vs Bangladesh

Pakistan vs England in Semis

Who is here For ultimate Final India vs Pakistan again in Final

264319.jpg

Pakistan bowled as only Pakistan can. That's probably enough to summarise an innings where Sri Lanka saw off the new ball, kept control of their innings, maintained a steady run-rate and dominated for large parts of their innings. Yet, they were bowled out on 236, well below the par score, owing to a sensational four-over burst from Mohammad Amir and Junaid Khan. The two left-armers ripped the heart out of the Sri Lankan middle order as they went from 161 for 3 to 167 for 7.

It was superb fast bowling, evoking comparisons with some of the greats of Pakistan cricket. That it came right after the innings' second drinks break spoke either for some kind of strategy, or an especially rousing team talk from the captain Sarfraz Ahmed. Either way, it was match-turning.

Sri Lanka were setting up effectively for the final flourish, with Niroshan Dickwella and Angelo Mathews locked in a settled partnership, before Amir dismissed Mathews off the second ball of the 32nd over, the batsman dragging on. Junaid followed up next over with a length delivery that seamed teasingly away from newcomer Dhananjaya de Sliva and took his outside edge. Sarfraz then pulled off a superb reflex catch to get rid of the Dickwella for 73 and Thisara Perera was caught at slip next over. Sri Lanka's position of strength was decimated in mere minutes.

It was a credit to their lower order that they managed to salvage something from the wreck they had been left in, as Asela Gunaratne and Suranga Lakmal combined for what could turn out to be a vital 46-run partnership for the eighth wicket. But Hasan Ali returned to remove both of them, finishing with 3 for 42. Debutant allrounder Faheem Ashraf wrapped things up and Pakistan went into the lunch break much the happier side.

Mickey Arthur was getting heartache every over. There was a catch drop or run out chance in every one. Now he can relax until the semi final.
Now I would think this match might be fixed.

Batting was uninspiring, but thank God we won.

Onto the semi-finals :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

these batsmen should hang themselves. third class players shame on them

Not with this team. It would be much better match up with a team with Stokes in it.

264340.3.jpg

Mohammad Amir's cameo in an eighth-wicket stand with Sarfraz Ahmed took Pakistan close to their 237 target, Sri Lanka v Pakistan, Champions Trophy, Group B, Cardiff, June 12, 2017

We won
These SL bowlers are no joke , sarfraz and Amir dug In lucky the drop catch but we also dropped a lollipop

Well done I gave up but got a message we won

So Sri Lanka beat India
We beat Sri Lanka
India beat us

Funny game cricket

eng must be happy . they have a very very weak opponent for the semis.

Back
Top Bottom