What's new

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Guys let's give up the hate, I wish Pakistan beats Aussies and SA and meets again in Semis.

Today was a disappointment, till next time.

Cheers!

I miss old matches with last hour finishes. I might just skip rest of the matches of this world cup except semi Final and Final.
No fun watching dead 1 sided matches. I switched off TV after Rohit got out. There was no need to watch further.

I miss old matches with last hour finishes. I might just skip rest of the matches of this world cup except semi Final and Final.
No fun watching dead 1 sided matches. I switched off TV after Rohit got out. There was no need to watch further.
There's this love hate relationship with these matches, that makes it exciting.

Such one sided affairs like today is a disappointment for fans. 😑

I don’t understand your type and I know many like you. I watch the game to enjoy rival team gets drubbing. Bigger the dhulai jyada Mazda.

Guys let's give up the hate, I wish Pakistan beats Aussies and SA and meets again in Semis.

Today was a disappointment, till next time.

Cheers!
Oh bhai kya karte ho ?

Agli baar pakistan wale pel denge , Indian team ka kya haal hua tha champion trophy me ? Yaad hai ? Waha bhi pahla match hum log jeete the .

After March 2022, 'mahnosiat' clouds over Pakistan will not go away. Bad things is our future under the crook Asim munir. Good that establishment has nothing good to sell to Pakistanis. hur jaggah se negative news ayei gi. What they have done to IK and doing right now, will have its domino effect everywhere be it sports, economy, politics or general news.

I don’t understand your type and I know many like you. I watch the game to enjoy rival team gets drubbing. Bigger the dhulai jyada Mazda.

It's difficult to explain when you have never played any competitive game or actually faced like tough matches during school/college days.

Competing is the basic human nature,greater the struggle more the excitement.
And majority people want competition, that's why you will find huge crowd when 2 heavy weights are competing ,which means hard match.
This is true in all sports , boxing , car race, footbal etc.
No 1 cares about match between 2 teams where it's already known , 1 team will fold and other will win.

just like I didn't watch India / afganistan match and only saw highlights. And that's why whole stadium was also empty.

I am referring to the youtube video person here.

Stupid video that is in no way related to the match. This guy putting a lot of useless masalas which is in no way related to a cricket match. seems like he is more like a political commentator than a sports one. I am not sure if he knows or not, but Pakistan lost to India even in Sri Lanka or other countries too...

1- Let us accept and assume that India and Pakistan are not friendly politically or at the govt level. BCCI is another arm of Govt of India. So Pakistan Govt or political groups within your country like it or not, but this is the ground reality.
2- In the current age, global cricket and its money is coming out of the Indian market. So whoever has money, will run the show. This guy whoever is complaining, seems like does not understand the economics of cricket.
3- Pakistan lost the match not because they played under any partisan crowd, rather because they did not perform in a specific day. Pakistan's loss is all about lack of ability of their middle order to score runs.

I am referring to the youtube video person here.

Stupid video that is in no way related to the match. This guy putting a lot of useless masalas which is in no way related to a cricket match. seems like he is more like a political commentator than a sports one. I am not sure if he knows or not, but Pakistan lost to India even in Sri Lanka or other countries too...

1- Let us accept and assume that India and Pakistan are not friendly politically or at the govt level. BCCI is another arm of Govt of India. So Pakistan Govt or political groups within your country like it or not, but this is the ground reality.
2- In the current age, global cricket and its money is coming out of the Indian market. So whoever has money, will run the show. This guy whoever is complaining, seems like does not understand the economics of cricket.
3- Pakistan lost the match not because they played under any partisan crowd, rather because they did not perform in a specific day. Pakistan's loss is all about lack of ability of their middle order to score runs.
Good support of the mainstream narrative. In other words India cannot do any wrong!

Disappointing match

Editorial
October 15, 2023

IT was the inexplicable batting collapse that undid Pakistan’s bid for a first World Cup victory against India; their hopes and expectations — as well as those of their 240m countrymen — being burned down by their arch-rivals in the Ahmedabad cauldron. Everything was going against the 11 men in green.

A crowd of 120,000 had turned the Narendra Modi Stadium into a sea of blue, but still, there can be no excuse for the way in which the side crumbled. From their initial position of strength at 155-2, Pakistan lost their last eight wickets for just 36 runs, with India able to reach their target of 192 without hassle and extending their World Cup record against Pakistan to 8-0.

Babar Azam’s men will need some bouncing back from this humbling seven-wicket loss to their hosts.

For all the momentum that they had built up following their record victory over Sri Lanka, for all the pre-match talk by skipper Babar that previous defeats to India did not matter, Pakistan once again came up well short against their adversaries.

This was a shambolic performance, with India exposing Pakistan’s shortcomings on the field that, in fact, were already a point of discussion in the lead-up to the tournament: the brittle middle order as well as the bowling struggles of the team.

Victories against the Netherlands — by 81 runs — and Sri Lanka — where Babar’s men had chased down a World Cup record score of 344 — had, in a way, masked those frailties. India, though, capitalised on those weaknesses.

There was a welcome return to form for Babar, who struck 50, but once Pakistan’s batting mainstay departed, no one really stood up and took responsibility.

The in-form Mohammad Rizwan — who shared an 82-run stand with Babar for the third wicket — made just two runs after his captain’s dismissal before being sent back for 49. There seemed to be no plan in place to limit the damage, and worse still, Pakistan were sent packing in the 43rd over.

Babar appeared to be at a loss for words to explain the collapse and admitted his side didn’t have the cutting edge with the new ball after seeing India race to victory.

The euphoria has come crashing down and a deep inquest is needed, the underperforming ones need to stand up and be counted if Pakistan are to revive their campaign.

1697377482102.png

LIVE
13th Match (D/N), Delhi, October 15, 2023
Afghanistan Flag
Afghanistan
England Flag
England
(13.3/50 ov, T:285) 69/3

England need 216 runs from 36.3 overs.

Current RR: 5.11
• Required RR: 5.91
• Last 5 ov (RR): 26/1 (5.20)

Afghans are still in the game. If they can take one more wicket here in next 2-3 overs then England will have to fight hard to save this match.

TEAMSMWLTN/RPTNRRSeries FormNextForAgainst
IndiaINDIA
3300061.821W
W
W
vs BAN666/106.5662/150.0
New ZealandNEW ZEALAND
3300061.604W
W
W
vs AFG853/129.1750/150.0
South AfricaSOUTH AFRICA