What's new

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Yes. No other team in the WC will like to have Imam, Shadab, Hasan Ali & Iftikhar. They never deserved to be in team.

They can be in your team for T20. All of your team is good players but they need to be part of the team where their skillset will excel. One thing is for sure, Rauf, Shadab and Hasan Ali, and most of your batsmen except Babar and Rizwan are very much shorter versions of players.

Rather than punishing Babar, he should be mentored to select a team who has better skills in a different format. I feel Pakistan after their loss to India, got demoralized or just lost focus. That resulted in losing their game against Afghanistan. If Pakistan could have won against Afghanistan, we may not be discussing all the technicalities against Bababr today.

Babar Azam is a wonderful batsman and a really decent down to earth human being. He is much liked here as well. But he isnt a leader material (much like SRT). Best he steps down as Captain. Not sure who can replace him but I haven't followed the Pak cricket team much.

That apart, there wasn't a huge slip between qualifying and not. Naseem Shah being fit and a little better tactical understanding while batting and they would have been through for sure. Spin department is a bit of concern though

Regards

Spot on...One of the reasons, I admire his that He is a very down-to-earth human being and a perfect gentleman. I always observe him in the field and his behavior. Unfortunately, he came in the wrong generation of the Pakistan team. If he could have been at the generation of 2000 Pak team, he would have been more successful.

Shahid Jutt is going to welcome the Pakistani cricket team.
This is what it is.
شاہد جٹ پاکستانی کرکٹ ٹیم کے استقبال کے لیے جا رہا ہے ۔ اینا دی پیں دا۔۔۔۔۔

Attachments

• 1699830177807.png
    1699830177807.png
    481.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Sadly, as with every WC cycle, there are some luminaries that we will very likely not be seeing playing in the next one.

0squadind.JPG

Dhoni soldiered on till 41, Sachin 40

another era comes to an end, hope they win it.. Rohit and Virat deserve it just as much as Sachin paaji did !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
The round robin format has its advantages, but the disadvantages are also there. Advantage is that one or two bad matches will probably not throw you out of contention. To reach the semis you have to be consistently good.

The bad is that weaker teams will almost never make it to knockout stages. It is very unlikely that minnows can overwhelm their opponents 5-6 times out of 9 matches. Instead if we had group matches with 16 teams in total (4x4), a minnow needs to win 2 out of 3 matches to have hope of qualifying for the quarterfinal. That looks more doable. Also we get 4 QFs, which adds to the excitement. That is why football sees upsets and freak qualifiers, which adds to the appeal.

The round robin format has its advantages, but the disadvantages are also there. Advantage is that one or two bad matches will probably not throw you out of contention. To reach the semis you have to be consistently good.

The bad is that weaker teams will almost never make it to knockout stages. It is very unlikely that minnows can overwhelm their opponents 5-6 times out of 9 matches. Instead if we had group matches with 16 teams in total (4x4), a minnow needs to win 2 out of 3 matches to have hope of qualifying for the quarterfinal. That looks more doable. Also we get 4 QFs, which adds to the excitement. That is why football sees upsets and freak qualifiers, which adds to the appeal.
Have thought about this often but cricket as an international sport just doesn't have enough gas in the tank to pull of a round of 16/QF type situation for its world cup the way FIFA can.

Realistically there's only a barely a handful on good teams .. Eng, Aus, Ind, Pak, SA, NZ.. Pk and Eng will bounce back I'm sure, enough of a talent pool and infra + interest in the game there.

SL worry me, they're back to early 90s and earlier Lanka.. crawled back into their "minnow" hole even.. for shame :|

Srs cricket, for all its universality and popularity in the poor world still needs money to be played properly... football ka scene is much easier.. get some kids and a ball. Cricket is almost kinda like fencing.. engarde !

Have thought about this often but cricket as an international sport just doesn't have enough gas in the tank to pull of a round of 16/QF type situation for its world cup the way FIFA can.

Realistically there's only a barely a handful on good teams .. Eng, Aus, Ind, Pak, SA, NZ.. Pk and Eng will bounce back I'm sure, enough of a talent pool and infra + interest in the game there.

SL worry me, they're back to early 90s and earlier Lanka.. crawled back into their "minnow" hole even.. for shame :|

Srs cricket, for all its universality and popularity in the poor world still needs money to be played properly... football ka scene is much easier.. get some kids and a ball. Cricket is almost kinda like fencing.. engarde !
That's why group format makes more sense. Give countries like Ireland, Namibia, Zimbabwe etc some chance at least. Let them taste the excitement of QFs, or if they deserve, even SF. Round robin is a mountain to climb for weaker teams. They just don't stand a chance. It becomes very demotivating for them to play a tournament where their fate is sealed after 3-4 matches and they just have to trundle along for the rest. I don't blame cricket fans in such countries for losing interest.

ICC (BCCI) is a greedy pig that wants long tournaments for more money. They have been a monumental failure in spreading the popularity of cricket.

Last edited:

For world championship minnows are not needed only top six teams are sufficient , but round robin is best to test the real calibre of teams .

That's why group format makes more sense. Give countries like Ireland, Namibia, Zimbabwe etc some chance at least. Let them taste the excitement of QFs, or if they deserve, even SF. Round robin is a mountain to climb for weaker teams. They just don't stand a chance. It becomes very demotivating for them to play a tournament where their fate is sealed after 3-4 matches and they just have to trundle along for the rest. I don't blame cricket fans in such countries for losing interest.

ICC (BCCI) is a greedy pig that wants long tournaments for more money. They have been a monumental failure in spreading the popularity of cricket.
Yeah, the WC should be 12 teams or 16 teams and the Champions Trophy can be 8 teams

Back
Top Bottom