What's new

ICC Men's Cricket World Cup

Come on, now. NZ struggle to create lasting partnerships. This was apparent in NZ match against Sri Lanka as well.
I don't disagree with that, just with the choking characterization. That means losing a game from a winning position. NZ were never in a winning position against India, though they did put up a good fight.
Australia can create lasting partnerships in comparison.

I know. The question was stupid to begin with.
Australia have very few weaknesses. Their pace attack, on paper, is arguably even better than India's.They had been out of form but seem to have hit the sweet spot at just the right time. Their spinner is world class. They have a very strong batting line up and a destructive all- rounder. Their fielding is clearly superior to India's and might end up being the deciding factor. India can't afford being sloppy against them like they have been in previous games.

Rain affects another match. India have not given much of a thought to this issue.

I think Bavuma is a sifarishi player, like Tom Latham and Imam ul Haq. I have no idea what Bavuma does for the team.
Black quota needs to be met in the proteas. Its in the rule

Rain affects another match. India have not given much of a thought to this issue.
Its because of the depression in the west of BoBengal. It doesn't rain in Kolkata in November.

I am expecting final match between India and Australia.

Deep down I suspected that NZ will choke. I wanted to mention this but I was traveling.
Any team will choke nine out of ten time if they have target of near 400 or above runs . There are very rare exmples .

I think Bavuma is a sifarishi player, like Tom Latham and Imam ul Haq. I have no idea what Bavuma does for the team.

C'mon.. The poor guy has a more than decent record in ODIs. That he hasn't clicked in this tournament shouldn't take away the fact that he is better ODI player than many.

1700129426292.png

Tomorrow is a reserve day.

C'mon.. The poor guy has a more than decent record in ODIs. That he hasn't clicked in this tournament shouldn't take away the fact that he is better ODI player than many.

View attachment 1024964

But because of him, it does look - SA playing with 10 players + 1 fielder...

It has been a long tournament sir ji. You can't protect every match from rain. I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd match affected by it. In England, SA, Australia you would have had many more matches washed out. Post monsoon India is the safest bet for hosting long tournaments.

Black quota needs to be met in the proteas. Its in the rule
Quotajeets

View attachment 1024964
Hmm. I don't watch cricket outside major tournaments, so I don't really know the records of many players. But I feel Tom Latham and Imam are certainly sifarshi players. Have seen them before too. Total duds

Last edited:

PCB, not Babar, should take the heat for Pakistan’s World Cup debacle

‘What exactly is going on with the PCB?’ is one question we should all ask.
Syed Muhammad Zaid

November 16, 2023

The lacklustre performance that we saw during Pakistan’s World Cup campaign has sent the ‘bleed green’ fanbase into an abyss, akin to the Green Shirts’ unceremonious exit in 2015’s World Cup.

A team reshuffle and ‘where we go from here’ promises are always a typical approach to failed tournaments, but as a fan, I am fed up with how the players take the flak but never the cricket board.

Yesterday, top-order batter Babar Azam announced that he had stepped down as the Pakistan cricket captain in all formats. Babar didn’t mention a specific reason for his decision but it comes on the heels of the team’s disastrous run in the ICC World Cup in India.

The poor performances have been deconstructed and dissected ad nauseam over the past few weeks. There is no need for another play-by-play of how badly the Green Shirts performed in the World Cup.

But what is needed is to pin some of the blame on the PCB. While the team shoulders the responsibility for its performance in the World Cup, the PCB is not blameless and has played the biggest part in our failure in the event.

Pakistan have already announced replacements for Babar in the Test and T20 side, with Shan Masood as the captain for the red ball and Shaheen Shah Afridi to lead the side in the shortest format of the game. There are no questions regarding Shaheen’s ability to lead the T20 side having won two back-to-back PSL trophies with Lahore Qalandar. But a complete upheaval every four years cannot be the answer to Pakistan’s problem.

Back
Top Bottom