What's new

Identify these troops

Chogy

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Very interesting picture from the WW2 era. I had no idea Chinese troops used the German "coal scuttle" helmet!

troops.jpg

Cool we're gonna play another game on Pakistan Defence :D :lol:

Don't the Americans use the same helmets though padded ones .... The Germans were first to get it right

well its nice game BTW there was army of china in WW2?

The coal scuttle helmet is an excellent design. The current U.S. helmet has some of the features, but isn't an exact clone, as these are on the Chinese troops.

Cool we're gonna play another game on Pakistan Defence

I don't understand... what "game" are you referring to?

The coal scuttle helmet is an excellent design. The current U.S. helmet has some of the features, but isn't an exact clone, as these are on the Chinese troops.

Sir Chogy

Whats your opinion on Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe? Seeing how their performance was during WW2, i would say their officers and soldiers were extremely disciplined and well trained. They took initiative, and always relied on their superior training and planning to overcome their numbers. As a military officer yourself, whats your opinion on the military institutions of Germany in the Past and at Present.

Wow, I don't know that I am all that qualified to answer this, but by every indication, the individual soldiers, sailors, and airmen of the Third Reich, were superb. They did their duty using sound tactics, were gritty, tenacious, and very effective. On a strategic level, Germany blundered horribly, but that takes nothing away from the individuals in the ranks.

I do take exception to German airmen - They were good, but not necessarily better than the allied airmen. Yes some German aces had huge tallies, but that was due to two things - they flew until they died or were badly injured, and being overwhelmingly outnumbered, operated in what you'd call a target-rich environment. This allowed some airmen like Galland, Nowotny, Hartmann, Marseilles and others, to rack up big numbers.

Allied airmen like Kozhedub, Johnson, McGuire, were fully the equal of the Germans in skills. And towards the end, the noobies flying in their P-51's and Spitfires were MUCH better trained than their Luftwaffe counterparts, due mainly to fuel and logistics.

Kill ratio (kind of grim, but pertinent) was something like 13:1 on the Russian front, Germany vs. USSR. I don't know what it was in the West, but hated as the Germans were, they were respected as soldiers. Something to remember, from about 1943 onwards, the allies were on the offensive, and casualty statistics favor the defender.

I don't understand... what "game" are you referring to?

Someone posts a pic .... others have to identify the origin or nationality of the pic.....
That kind of GAME :mps:

Ah, OK, I thought it was something worse, like the thread was going to go down in flames from trolling. ;)

Here's another one - WHO ARE THESE GUYS? Hint: It's not as easy as it looks...

puzzle1.jpg

Ah, OK, I thought it was something worse, like the thread was going to go down in flames from trolling. ;)

Here's another one - WHO ARE THESE GUYS? Hint: It's not as easy as it looks...

puzzle1.jpg

Do we get a hint? gerschafts stelle der NSDAP from my lousy german would be recruting office for the Nazi party so i would guess some sort of brown shirt but no idea where.

Back
Top Bottom