What's new

idrw: No Additional MKIs, focus to upgrades, phase wise Super Sukhoi by 2020, 1st phase 80 birds

is India paying for all the development costs? So other su-30 operators including china also benefitting from indian taxpayers money...

So be it . What can we do for that beg to Putin ? Never .

Wrold is is so big for India to play its role . Any ways no one offended . Wr cant fall in foot of Putin can we ? Russia sold mi35 to Pakistan which may kill our 2 tanks who knows . Russia voiced against our AK ripoff and dint gave us full tot of t90 as promised . Russia developing cruisers nuclear power witj china . Because they dont have balls to confront china which openly produce j11 and anf their many weapons .

See we are nation of 1.2 billion if Mr Putin want to lose our friendship so be be it . Things will get un place for India with nato support even if we lose some advantage over our sovereignty . Doors are big bang opening for us to join Nato which will be very productive in taking on Pakistan and China .
Joining NATO! Are you insane or what,India will never make its way in to NATO or any other military alliances.
If we lose our grip on Russians its gonna nightmare to us,remember our 70% military hardwares are Russian orgin and they can screw us,screw us very hardly over its spare part supply and its supports.we are not super rich & can't replace all Russian gears overnight with other alternatives,not in another 20 to 30 years.

And world is not so big for us,We won't get a nuclear submarine for lease from anywhere else,we won't be getting an engine for our cruise missiles like nirbhay, no country will give a proven missile platform to make our own version & call it as brahmose, which country will give us military grade satlite navigation like glonass?those people provide missile seeker with its source code for our astra missile,no one gave us an offer to participate in a 5th gen fighter program,those people even offered us there tu 22m strategic bomber.There many things out there in the world where money can't buy.

The most likely changes we will get for sukhoi-30 super upgrade imo -

1.AESA radar(possibly the one on PAK-FA).Perhaps the whole fleet won't need AESA radars as that would be enormously costly,maybe a third of sukhois in each squadron.

2.RCS reduction - Structural modifications and added composites.I expect RCS reduction to the level of SU-35.

3.Newer weaponry .I think the newer versions of the R-74 WVR,R-77 BVR made for PAK FA are certain.As will AWACS killer Novator missile and brahmos-m.Also Astra.

4.New engine - Maybe su-35 engine.More than twice the service life ,and better serviceability rate.

5.Virgilius jammer.Currently on mig-29 upgrade,this is operational on eurofighter i think.Standard for most future IAF aircraft upgrades.

Maybe some changes to cockpit and avionic suite.

Joining NATO! Are you insane or what,India will never make its way in to NATO or any other military alliances.
If we lose our grip on Russians its gonna nightmare to us,remember our 70% military hardwares are Russian orgin and they can screw us,screw us very hardly over its spare part supply and its supports.we are not super rich & can't replace all Russian gears overnight with other alternatives,not in another 20 to 30 years.

And world is not so big for us,We won't get a nuclear submarine for lease from anywhere else,we won't be getting an engine for our cruise missiles like nirbhay, no country will give a proven missile platform to make our own version & call it as brahmose, which country will give us military grade satlite navigation like glonass?those people provide missile seeker with its source code for our astra missile,no one gave us an offer to participate in a 5th gen fighter program,those people even offered us there tu 22m strategic bomber.There many things out there in the world where money can't buy.

Did you read other member's comment and then read my reply. It was a response to what if Russia choose to sell pakistan its sukois , tanks etc .

So I said if thats the case then we should prepare for counter strategy to save our arsse incase of China India conflict or two front war . As of now our defence wall is been built upon hope (Russian help) . Well I can't arm twist someone to love me if they don't want to .

That was my point of you . But reality is very clear Russia India friendship is tge most time tested and trusted . Both will lose if we breakaway . Russia so long avoided pakistan but recent developments has irritating effects in Delhi and some groups in Moscow circle too .

I thought India manufacture its own rockets and ammunition.

Its for imported russian MLRS and T90 72 ammunition to fill our gaps (45+ days reserves stock)

Thanks for the share. So its clear we wont go for S35 .And russians are wantedly pushing us to buy them or they might sell it Pakistan ,... So i wonder India will have to compensate to calm their nerves . PAKFA is on card and upcoming PM visit to moscow will be very interesting ! T90 MS , rockets and ammunition production line , SSN lease agreement ,Some understanding on SUper upgrade/ FGFA and most probably 80 PakFa .

Russians won't do this,also pak has no money

This is the time to move to Su35s. Stop Su 30s now. Covert all of the into Super MKIs.

Yes true . But what if Pak as money ? What will be russia's move ?

Move to PAKFA !

Upgrade MKI more power than Su35

No They wont. The upgrades AL31 is proposed to be used in Su 35 s well as MKI super. cross Section of Su 35 is believed to be 1 m which will be Less than Super MKI. Su35 uses lots of Composite in its skin.

Back
Top Bottom