What's new

Illegal: Indian films smuggled into Pakistan cannot be screened, says LHC

ManuZ

Reaction score
Country
India
LAHORE:
The Lahore High Court on Tuesday issued orders that Indian and foreign films that were smuggled into Pakistan could not be exhibited.

The court also directed the Pakistan Film Censor Board chairman to ensure that the department did not issue licenses to Indian films with fake documents. The court issued notices to the federal government and other authorities for November 25.

The LHC passed the order on a petition filed by an anchor of a private channel challenging the smuggling and exhibition of Indian films in Pakistan.

The petitioner said that Indian films were being smuggled into Pakistan and the Pakistan Censor Board was issuing illegal licenses to them even though they had fake documentation.

He further said some Indian films promoted terrorism and lawlessness in Pakistan. He asked the LHC to direct the Ministry of Interior to initiate action against those smuggling and exhibiting Indian films in cinemas under the Anti Terrorism Act.

The petitioner’s counsel stated that under the law, Indian films could not be screened in Pakistani cinemas. Many of these films had been smuggled and were being screened illegally.

He said most foreign movies could be screened in Pakistan, but Indian movies could not. He said that Indian films like Pride and Prejudice and Race 2 that were shot at foreign locations could be displayed in Pakistan but films shot entirely in India could not.

He said the promoters had recently smuggled many films that had been completely shot in India. They were being screened in Pakistani cinemas under the category of foreign films. He said the censor board had illegally issued licenses to them.

The petitioner requested the court to direct the Customs authorities to initiate action against the smuggling of films under the Customs Act.

He also requested the court to issue directions to the censor board chairman to stop issuing licenses to Indian films.

Illegal: Indian films smuggled into Pakistan cannot be screened, says LHC – The Express Tribune

Is this a joke???
I thought Indian movies shown in multiplexes were legal....
Any opinions???

LAHORE:
The Lahore High Court on Tuesday issued orders that Indian and foreign films that were smuggled into Pakistan could not be exhibited.

Is this a joke???
Any opinions???
well bhai in a country where cars are run in open traffick withowt number plates , insurence and where you can buy illeagel arms and ammunation like you buy new clothes why is screening of illeagalli sourced movies will be such a daunting job when...kahir jane do you know what i mean :cheers:

He said most foreign movies could be screened in Pakistan, but Indian movies could not. He said that Indian films like Pride and Prejudice and Race 2 that were shot at foreign locations could be displayed in Pakistan but films shot entirely in India could not.

This is the most hilarious and funny part of the judgment. :omghaha:

Yes, it only suits you guys only 'cause your ancestors accepted slavery....had to convert to their master's religion to save their lives and hence you're Muslims today........
while ancestors of people who are Hindu today didn't accept slavery and hence they are Hindus today.

They made good decision to join islamic beliefs and leaving the groups of cowards who cannot defend fellow hindus and cannot save their own people ;land; temples and were ruled not only by muslims but everyone else in the last 1000 years. It was their beliefs who taught them this cowardice and i am happy they left it and joined islam and christinity.

They made good decision to join islamic beliefs and leaving the groups of cowards who cannot defend fellow hindus and cannot save their own people ;land; temples and were ruled not only by muslims but everyone else in the last 1000 years. It was their beliefs who taught them this cowardice and i am happy they left it and joined islam and christinity.

So you agree that YOUR ancestors were slaves NOT ours.....

It get more more funny when Hindus talk about master and slavery lol

On a serious note, I can understand why you would want to ban some Indian movies which portray Pakistan in bad light, but blanket ban will make your cinema industry to suffer more. After some 40 odd years they lifted the ban on Indian movies and it looks like you are going back to your protectionist ways. If you can make successful movies like Waar, Bol, Ramchand Pakistani with limited budget then no need to feel insecure with big budget movies from Bollywood. Just have to find a right balance to promote your own movies industry and others.

Indian films promoted terrorism and lawlessness in Pakistan........

this is worse than our bollywood masala...

So you agree that YOUR ancestors were slaves NOT ours.....

I dont know. You say that my acestors were hindus. You say your ancestors are hindus. If my ancestors were cowards then its fault of hinduism that teach cowardice to its followers. If your ancestors were brave hindus then why they cannot protect my coward hindus ancestors and why they cannot help fellow hindus who were getting oppress in the hands of invaders? Why these brave Hindus were sleeping in the last 1000 years when india was ruled by british/portugese/mughal/arab/persians etc. You know what they were not brave. They were oppressing their own people by making alliances with invaders. Your insulting my.ancestors is like insulting hinduism. I have no respect.for coward hindus whther they are ancestors of indias or pakistani dont make any difference. I love islam and islamic beliefs

Last edited:
pakistanies have a looser attitude embedded in their genes , whenever they even get a slightest hint of doubt that they are gonna loose on something they start crying like little babies.

indian movies promote terrorism...

indian movies shot in india can't be shown...this is the height of stupidity

even a village panchayat chief in india might have used his brain and given a better decision.

LAHORE:

The court also directed the Pakistan Film Censor Board chairman to ensure that the department did not issue licenses to Indian films with fake documents. The court issued notices to the federal government and other authorities for November 25.

The LHC passed the order on a petition filed by an anchor of a private channel challenging the smuggling and exhibition of Indian films in Pakistan.

The petitioner said that Indian films were being smuggled into Pakistan and the Pakistan Censor Board was issuing illegal licenses to them even though they had fake documentation.

He further said some Indian films promoted terrorism and lawlessness in Pakistan. He asked the LHC to direct the Ministry of Interior to initiate action against those smuggling and exhibiting Indian films in cinemas under the Anti Terrorism Act.

The petitioner’s counsel stated that under the law, Indian films could not be screened in Pakistani cinemas. Many of these films had been smuggled and were being screened illegally.

He said the promoters had recently smuggled many films that had been completely shot in India. They were being screened in Pakistani cinemas under the category of foreign films. He said the censor board had illegally issued licenses to them.

The petitioner requested the court to direct the Customs authorities to initiate action against the smuggling of films under the Customs Act.

He also requested the court to issue directions to the censor board chairman to stop issuing licenses to Indian films.

Illegal: Indian films smuggled into Pakistan cannot be screened, says LHC – The Express Tribune

Is this a joke???
Any opinions???

when most of Pakistani will have multimedia Phone then how a court will stop to download & play the foriegn films & entertainment. not far in future.

I dont know. You say that my acestors were hindus. You say your ancestors are hindus. If my ancestors were cowards then its fault of hinduism that teach cowardice to its followers. If your ancestors were brave hindus then why they cannot protect my coward hindus ancestors and why they cannot help fellow hindus who were getting oppress in the hands of invaders? Why these brave Hindus were sleeping in the last 1000 years when india was ruled by british/portugese/mughal/arab/persians etc. You know what they were not brave. They were oppressing their own people by making alliances with invaders. Your insulting my.ancestors is like insulting hinduism. I have no respect.for coward hindus whther they are ancestors of indias or pakistani dont make any difference. I love islam and islamic beliefs

If Hindus were cowards, there wouldn't be any Hindu left in the entire Indian subcontinent today.....
History proves, Hindu kings gave tough resistance to the Islamic invaders....but the invaders kept on coming as India was a 'gold mine'...literally...."a rich region with a flourishing international trade and the only known diamond mines in the world."

Regarding your ancestors, yes they were Hindus too, but they had no choice apart from converting to save their lives.....to understand why, you have to go back to the History before Islamic invasions.....
You'll find that the Indian subcontinent had been attacked many times and those Persian, Greek invasions were successfully controlled....
Then an enormous philosophical transformation happened.....great warrior kings like Ashoka shunned violence and started spreading Buddhism throughout the subcontinent....and I think, this is the most important event that changed India's fate.....
India slowly became a country brimming with philosophy,science, arts and culture....called the 'Golden Age'...and almost forgot about warfare, this 'weakened premises' helped the Islamic invaders.....
Even then, the Islamic invaders couldn't conquer whole of India, power changed hands from Hindus to Muslims and then back to Hindus several times until the Mughals took control of most of India and even during their rule, several autonomous Hindu kingdoms existed....The Mughals knew, they cannot afford an all-out fight with the Hindus and Sikhs...hence they accepted their autonomy...

So, when we're saying that your Hindu ancestors accepted slavery, we're NOT insulting them, we're acknowledging their/our vulnerability which resulted from the philosophical transformation they/we had....
We acknowledge that our Hindu-Buddhist philosophy is our 'weakness' but we also know that our philosophy is right....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom