What's new

'Imposing Hindi like setting a warehouse on fire': Tamil Nadu opposes Centre's three-language policy

"Imposition of Hindi is NOT a 'North Indian' project. It is a colonial brahminical project of the brahmin-savarnas(led by North Indian brahmin and baniyas).

North Indians are the biggest victims of imposition of Hindi- they have lost their khadi boli (West UP), Braj bhasha (central india), Marwari (Rajasthan), Bhojpuri and Magadhi and Maithali (East UP and Bihar), Haryanvi (Haryana), Awadhi (Central UP) and so on to Hindi.

North Indians have lost their dialects and languages and as a result, their subcultures and their identities. Hindi has converted them into homogeneous majoritarian masses (hindi-hindu-hindustan) by the brahmin-savarnas.

The only ones who benefit from the imposition of hindi is brahmin-savarna colonists who rule India.

Opposition to hindi must be a nationwide bahujan project, even and especially in North India by north indian bahujans."

~ Yossarian Doabwala

Hindi is optional subject in high schoolsTamil nadu. Since when these fake people have started opposing Hindi, the percentage of students opting Hindi increased to 78pc from bellow 50pc.

Hindi is optional subject in high schoolsTamil nadu. Since when these fake people have started opposing Hindi, the percentage of students opting Hindi increased to 78pc from bellow 50pc.

where did you get your statistics i.e 78 %, source please ? btw no Tamil is opposing if student or Tamil learn Hindi voluntarily but Tamils are against India trying to forcefully impose Hindi on Tamils.

Post backlash from Tamil Nadu, mandatory Hindi goes out of draft education policy
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/centre-removes-mandatory-hindi-from-draft-education-policy-after-tn-protests/article27412373.ece?fbclid=IwAR2pLgWnwY8iq2UA9GRHycE5G3VgtLZ2p49JsozZLF1CaIX9xf1bpR_mezU

where did you get your statistics i.e 78 %, source please ? btw no Tamil is opposing if student or Tamil learn Hindi voluntarily but Tamils are against India trying to forcefully impose Hindi on Tamils.

Post backlash from Tamil Nadu, mandatory Hindi goes out of draft education policy
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/centre-removes-mandatory-hindi-from-draft-education-policy-after-tn-protests/article27412373.ece?fbclid=IwAR2pLgWnwY8iq2UA9GRHycE5G3VgtLZ2p49JsozZLF1CaIX9xf1bpR_mezU

Why do you post reference like a stupid. I said it is optional.

Why do you post reference like a stupid. I said it is optional.

are you K Kasturirangan ?

Since the original draft was released on Friday evening, all Opposition parties in Tamil Nadu blasted the recommendations, and even the ruling AIADMK, allied to the NDA government in power at the Centre, refused to dilute the State’s two language formula. Protests were also seen over the weekend in West Bengal, Maharashtra and Karnataka. The Centre went into damage control mode on Sunday, with senior Cabinet Ministers tweeting reassurances that Hindi would not be imposed without further consultations. Finally, the revised draft was uploaded by the Human Resource Development Ministry on Monday morning.

Rigid approach
The controversial sentence appeared in Section 4.5.9, titled ‘Flexibility in the choice of languages’. It said: “In keeping with the principle of flexibility, students who wish to change one of the three languages they are studying may do so in Grade 6, so long as the study of three languages by students in the Hindi-speaking states would continue to include Hindi and English and one of the modern Indian languages from other parts of India, while the study of languages by students in the non-Hindi-speaking states would include the regional language, Hindi and English.”

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...UA9GRHycE5G3VgtLZ2p49JsozZLF1CaIX9xf1bpR_mezU

the difference between mandatory and optional

mandatory

adjective : demanded by law:

optional
adjective :
left to one's choice; not required or mandatory

if it was optional why would Tamilnadu (and WB, MH, KA) be opposing Hindi imposition by the Indian imperialist ?

if you have an issue take it up with Hindu editors

Last edited:

Looks like BJP is doing some workaround here, As far as I hear they have removed the term "Hindi" from the draft. But three language is still being considered. If its three language system, obviously they will find ways to bring Hindi in.

For all the Pakistanis here. Let's not forget that Urdu has been emposed on every province since Pakistan's inception. And it has been given priority over regional languages in the country. It's gotten to the point that new generations of children in Punjab and Sindh barely speak Punjabi, potthari, saraeki, Sindhi, and other languages anymore.

And for anyone claiming that I'm some Urdu hating person. Just so you all know. Urdu is my first language. My mum is pakhtun and my father is kashmiri raj put. But we spoke Urdu only in the house. My mum forbade anything other than Urdu.

Well, this happened all around Pakistan now. People communicate. But I have never seen any imposition in Pakistan. Your mum wasn't forced to enforce the rule that only Urdu in the house. She realised it is a better option for her kids. Like this millions of Punjabis, Sindhis, Pushtoons etc have decided. No imposition.

are you K Kasturirangan ?

Since the original draft was released on Friday evening, all Opposition parties in Tamil Nadu blasted the recommendations, and even the ruling AIADMK, allied to the NDA government in power at the Centre, refused to dilute the State’s two language formula. Protests were also seen over the weekend in West Bengal, Maharashtra and Karnataka. The Centre went into damage control mode on Sunday, with senior Cabinet Ministers tweeting reassurances that Hindi would not be imposed without further consultations. Finally, the revised draft was uploaded by the Human Resource Development Ministry on Monday morning.

Rigid approach
The controversial sentence appeared in Section 4.5.9, titled ‘Flexibility in the choice of languages’. It said: “In keeping with the principle of flexibility, students who wish to change one of the three languages they are studying may do so in Grade 6, so long as the study of three languages by students in the Hindi-speaking states would continue to include Hindi and English and one of the modern Indian languages from other parts of India, while the study of languages by students in the non-Hindi-speaking states would include the regional language, Hindi and English.”

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...UA9GRHycE5G3VgtLZ2p49JsozZLF1CaIX9xf1bpR_mezU

the difference between mandatory and optional

mandatory

adjective : demanded by law:

optional
adjective :
left to one's choice; not required or mandatory

if it was optional why would Tamilnadu (and WB, MH, KA) be opposing Hindi imposition by the Indian imperialist ?

if you have an issue take it up with Hindu editors

When I have said that Hindi is optional, why the 50 cent army is repeating this BS in response to my post is a big quesrtion mark.

Hindi imposition brutal assault on states: Siddaramaiah

Read more at:
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes....ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Leading Kannada newspaper headlines on the mandatory Hindi Imposition on non Hindi speaking states by optional RSS-BJP Hindutva imperialist..

D8HtWvqV4AA0gpy

drag in ISI and Pakistan low IQ "optional" bhakts will surely be convinced

D8FyaTYUcAAND_P

Sorry that shitty language should never be taught let alone imposed on anyone.

It's hard to understand what made the Centre make this ill-conceived move only to retract later, Hindi is already more popular today than it has ever been in the last 70 odd years.

I meet people from Arunachal and Nagaland every day who can speak better Hindi than i do(an Assamese). Hindi will remain a more important link language than English for the foreseeable future as not everyone is well versed in English.

But learning any other language other than our mother tongue should not be made compulsory, any attempt towards that will be met with protests.

Well, this happened all around Pakistan now. People communicate. But I have never seen any imposition in Pakistan. Your mum wasn't forced to enforce the rule that only Urdu in the house. She realised it is a better option for her kids. Like this millions of Punjabis, Sindhis, Pushtoons etc have decided. No imposition.
Sometimes when something is right in front of our faces. We don't even see it. Urdu has been imposed on us, if you claim that you are not aware of it, then remember the history of east Pakistan mess started with a simple policy to replace the Bengali language with Urdu. The difference is, east Pakistan had a higher literacy rate than west Pakistan, most of the highly educated people in West Pakistan were muhajir who were already speaking Urdu. It's a fact that Urdu has been imposed on us. And I'm happy today that I speak Urdu. I'm not here to bash Urdu. I'm simply showing the munafiq Pakistani brothers here there true colors that stop bashing Indian govt for doing what our own governments have been doing since 1947. Stop being Hippocrates.

Back
Top Bottom