What's new

Imran Khan: If elected, we’ll create an Islamic welfare state

Big Boss

BANNED
Reaction score
Imran Khan: If elected, we’ll create an Islamic welfare state

If elected, we’ll create an Islamic welfare state

Imran pledges to end corruption in 90 days

* PTI chief says Pakistan needs a govt that changes system and breaks begging bowl

By Asad Farooq

KARACHI: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan, on Sunday, pledged to make Pakistan an Islamic welfare state if his party came to power, and promised a state where justice would be ensured on grass roots level.

Addressing a big convention at a ground adjacent to the Mazar-e-Quaid, the PTI chairman told the crowd he was forming a team to formulate policies, notably aimed at alleiviating poverty “We want to break the begging bowl once and for all”, he said, and make Pakistan a “true Islamic welfare state”. He hit out at President Asif Ali Zardari, claiming his days were numbered and accusing him of policies that encouraged corruption.

He said his party would solidify judiciary on priority basis, and promised free of cost justice on people’s doorsteps, adding that all the systems in government departments would be computerised to check corruption. Khan said that he would introduce an exemplary team, which would be honest and capable. He said that party ticket would be granted on merit to only those candidates who will declare their assets. Later, if someone’s assets grow, he/she would be asked to make a declaration. That mechanism, he said, would prevent legislators from getting involved in corruption.

The PTI chief further said that corruption prevalent in the country would be eliminated within 90 days of his party’s coming to power, and said it was not a tough task for him. He said that in present situation, the country bears a loss of Rs 3000 million every day. He announced that his party would form a free and fair accountability cell, free of political pressure, and vowed to end political interference in police department.

All roads in Karachi near the rally venue were jammed for more than ten hours, an AFP reporter said, and hundreds of thousands of people waved party flags when the former Pakistan cricket captain arrived. “I promised to all you people that we’ll make a new and respectable Pakistan. Join me to achieve this goal,” he told the crowds, full of people waving the green and red flags of his opposition Movement for Justice Party.

“I have been an honest cricketer who never fixed a match. I promise you that I’ll never fixed a match either during my political career,” he said, brushing aside speculation his rise had tacit support from the military establishment. Imran Khan said that he will do everything which Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah would have done, and would never beg from foreigners. He said his team would present outstanding and revolutionary policies on all subjects, including local government, foreign, transport, economy, agriculture, and particularly education. He said that a unified educational system was his dream.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Just before anyone focuses on the word "Islamic" one day before he was asked if he would allow women to wear what they want...

"PTI aurton ke kapron pe interfere nahi karegi".

Also in the speech he specifically mentioned that the country would treat everyone with equality regardless of race and religion.

The emphasis is on welfare.

He mentioned that there are people in jeans, in Burqas, in slippers, in branded clothes, but everyone would be treated equally.

i hope but i don't think that he can end corruption in your country in just 90 days

OK ....

Anything else bharti?

Its so cute that bhartis care so much about our internal politics.... Poor people

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

I thought imru will make pakistan secular

Bhai tu itna kyun sochta hai? Wo b Pakistan k baray mein? :woot:

OK ....

Anything else bharti?

Its so cute that bhartis care so much about our internal politics.... Poor people

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM ----------

Bhai tu itna kyun sochta hai? Wo b Pakistan k baray mein? :woot:

Bhai,
Pakistan is a nation with global significance. What happens in your nation will make its effect in the world specially in india. We aren't bothered about what happens in Nauru or Burundi as it won't affect us in anyway. But pakistan is not in the same side. BTW,kindly reply in english bro!

oh hell the indian boys just hear islam and jump! as if the "secular" india has no muslims! look being islamic,jewish or buddhist or communist state makes no difference as long as it is progressing!!!

oh hell the indian boys just hear islam and jump! as if the "secular" india has no muslims! look being islamic,jewish or buddhist or communist state makes no difference as long as it is progressing!!!

We are just trying to have a discussion,relax bro!

Just before anyone focuses on the word "Islamic" one day before he was asked if he would allow women to wear what they want...

"PTI aurton ke kapron pe interfere nahi karegi".

Also in the speech he specifically mentioned that the country would treat everyone with equality regardless of race and religion.

The emphasis is on welfare.

I think IK has an enormous task - not if he comes into power but when. It is inevitable he will take control. What is imperastive is we must understand the size of the task is enormous and we cant expect too much too quickly. It will take time and every little move will count. We have a huge population and cprruption is ripe throughout its people. Start at the top and work down. I believe every part of his speech will be disected and misconceptions will come to the fore. What we must realize is Rome wasnt built in a day - let him get in first and then lets watch the ship turn......

I think IK has an enormous task - not if he comes into power but when. It is inevitable he will take control. What is imperastive is we must understand the size of the task is enormous and we cant expect too much too quickly. It will take time and every little move will count. We have a huge population and cprruption is ripe throughout its people. Start at the top and work down. I believe every part of his speech will be disected and misconceptions will come to the fore. What we must realize is Rome wasnt built in a day - let him get in first and then lets watch the ship turn......

He himself giving these days not anyone else.

90 days to end corruption
1 year to change sides from under develop to developing nation

Don't promise anything, which you can't give... :)

We have seen so many Imran khan's, who were honest once came to politics, but after being for 2 decades in system, they become the same. The System must change...

Don't promise anything, which you can't give... :)

We have seen so many Imran khan's, who were honest once came to politics, but after being for 2 decades in system, they become the same. The System must change...

he has been in the politics for about one and a half decade.!we watch the our politicians closer than you do.So i don't intend to sound rude but your opinion is not welcomed in the matter of our internal politics..!!

Back
Top Bottom