What's new

Imran Khan launches Rs20 billion electricity project in Kalam

you are good in maths by getting the double the price and 1/20th the amount. you can figure it out. good day tay.

I m rounding it up 1.8 billion for 1320.. and 200 million for 86 mw....multiply by 10= 860 mw for 2 billion... its not exactly double but very close to it.. and capacity is 1/15 exactly...
So costlier and 1/15 th of capacity... is that an accomplishment??

@Mrc Why is it that NESPAK has still not made its Environmental impact Assessment (EIA) report on Sahiwal coal project public yet???? Have they something to hide??? I know people of that area are very much interested to know how their fertile agricultural lands will be effected by the pollution from power plant. And just like PM L(nULL) you are ignoring the environment factor. Who cares about human lives anyway in Pakistan

Mark my words this project will probably be twice or more expensive when completed due to corruption and fund mismanagement by this PM L(nULL) Govt

You do know that the cost of any Project depend's on

Accessibility,
Required Infrastructure development,
Working space,
Availability of Raw materials,
Purpose of Dam,
Long term Plans,
and
Type of tender/project. right ?

Do you know that Diamer-basha dam will cost 14+ Billion US dollars for Production capacity of 4500 MW. it's like US 1 billion dollar for 321 Mw. making 578 MW for the same cost of 1.8 Billion US dollars at which Sahiwal coal Project will produce 1320 MW. So why even make Diamer-basha dam then ?

Normal People do not "see'' things on basis of "cost and production" only. Hydro-power projects provide much more. THEY STORE WATER. and they provide you electricity for Rs.3-4 per unit. unlike Coal which stand at Rs.9-10 per unit.
Similarly for Coal power projects, Furnace oil projects and natural gas projects you need SUPPLY. supply of fuel. which cost fuel+transportation charges. You are free from this headache in case of Hydro-power plant.

next come Environmental aspect. which i think you already know about.

Are we good ?

I m rounding it up 1.8 billion for 1320.. and 200 million for 86 mw....multiply by 10= 860 mw for 2 billion... its not exactly double but very close to it.. and capacity is 1/15 exactly...
Let's talk first of base price, all projects have some base price. The base price of hydro and non-hydro projects are different. So, by comparing a non-hydro project to hydro project is a flawed argument.(The comparison can be done with any other hydro project, your maths will answer the question but compare it to any medium size hydroelectric project around the world or in Pakistan). Now, the base of price hydro plant is large as due to larger land to buy from locals, then construction on that land to make it a dam and buildings where power is generated.
The second part of the argument is the total cost of the project over its life. Let's compare it, to over a decade i.e., a 10 years period of operation. The starting price of hydroelectric for the consumer(here it is WAPDA) is around 2.5 rs, and of is around RLNG is 7-8 rs. Now the added cost of 4.5 - 5.5 rs, if calculated year wise will come to around 57 arab rs(1,320,000 KVA*5rs*365*24=57arab), for the plant to run on 1320 mw year round. Now, in ten years that cost will be 570 arab i.e., 5.4 billion dollar. Hopefully, you have got my point now.

went through this project in may 2016 never knew work was going so fast they have inaugurated it also good work KPK govt way to go :enjoy:

btw in swat valley you will see alot of micro hydl projects in villages and small towns seems the only govt trying to eradicate load shedding problem is KPK govt i wish to see PTI in federal govt in near future the only hope for pakistan

So this was also another project of previous government

motorway was also started by BB but in the end Mian Bald Sharif takes credit of it :enjoy:

20 billion for 84 MW, he would have taken Shebaz to court or a mega mother of all Dharna for that kind of project.

even makran coastal highway was made by Mushi and Mian bald sharif takes its credit also :cry:

we have good number of valleys if we utilize the water streams of these valleys in a efficient way we can get rid of electricity problem alone kpk can be power house for whole pakistan

went through this project in may 2016 never knew work was going so fast they have inaugurated it also good work KPK govt way to go :enjoy:

btw in swat valley you will see alot of micro hydl projects in villages and small towns seems the only govt trying to eradicate load shedding problem is KPK govt i wish to see PTI in federal govt in near future the only hope for pakistan

motorway was also started by BB but in the end Mian Bald Sharif takes credit of it :enjoy:

1) two wrongs doesn't make ......
2) atleast end it. Dont inaugerate it in the 4th year of ur govt
3) not comparing him to ns so keep ganja shanja comments out of it .....

You do know that the cost of any Project depend's on

Accessibility,
Required Infrastructure development,
Working space,
Availability of Raw materials,
Purpose of Dam,
Long term Plans,
and
Type of tender/project. right ?

Do you know that Diamer-basha dam will cost 14+ Billion US dollars for Production capacity of 4500 MW. it's like US 1 billion dollar for 321 Mw. making 578 MW for the same cost of 1.8 Billion US dollars at which Sahiwal coal Project will produce 1320 MW. So why even make Diamer-basha dam then ?

Normal People do not "see'' things on basis of "cost and production" only. Hydro-power projects provide much more. THEY STORE WATER. and they provide you electricity for Rs.3-4 per unit. unlike Coal which stand at Rs.9-10 per unit.
Similarly for Coal power projects, Furnace oil projects and natural gas projects you need SUPPLY. supply of fuel. which cost fuel+transportation charges. You are free from this headache in case of Hydro-power plant.

next come Environmental aspect. which i think you already know about.

Are we good ?

I am trying to ask a simple question caz in my small mind maths was not adding up... why pti gets so offended if you ask a simple question?? Yes i get it ... but i still have questions ... diamer bhasha will store water... which it self justifies its cost... this dam wont... any ways...

I don't know details of this project, dams are costly early on but in the long run they generate cheapest and cleanest energy.

Back
Top Bottom