What's new

Imran urges Zardari to act against Sharifs

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan said on Sunday that after the decision of Supreme Court (SC) in Asghar Khan case, the president has the “opportunity to take strict action against the Sharif brothers who had taken money to establish IJI”.

“In light of SC’s verdict, neutral investigation should be launched against those who had taken money from secret agencies so that malign, corrupted elements could be eliminated,” Imran said in a statement.

The PTI chief said that it has been proved that money was given to establish IJI and it is also “clear that so-called politicians had received the amount”.

He said that the government should implement decision of the SC “at once” and disqualify those people who had received money.

“Today, corruption is common in all over the country. Punjab has become defaulter because of corruption and worst performance of its leaders,” Imran said.

“Zardari should take strict action against these people so that no body could dare to change the decision of public in the future,” he said. “Corrupt Sharif brothers should not only be disqualified, they should also be held accountable,” the PTI chief said.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

“Zardari should take strict action against these people so that no body could dare to change the decision of public in the future,” he said. “Corrupt Sharif brothers should not only be disqualified, they should also be held accountable,” the PTI chief said.

And here is where the beginning of the "idealistic" perception of IK is dead and buried for me..
and the rise of IK the politician begins.
PTI may have a potential in the elections after all, just not all that principled or otherwise.

What? urging a corrupt to act against another corrupt? How is that going to help ? :lol:

Imran is becoming stupid these days. It's best for him to leave politics and continue building more Cancer Hospitals in Pakistan. P.S Edhi is a good example to follow.

Pakistani politics is no career to be in. Just continue making a difference to society on your own.....

And here is where the beginning of the "idealistic" perception of IK is dead and buried for me..
PTI may have a potential in the elections after all, just not all that principled or otherwise.

How is urging action against a proven case of election fraud, "un-principled"?

If the guy compromised on his principles, he could have taken up offers from Benazir or Nawaz's 30+ NA seats in the 90's(he knew both personally from before, Nawaz played gymkhana cricket in the 70's, Ben was an Oxford classfellow) . Or even in the late 80's when Gen Zia wanted to give him the Games/Sports Ministry after he first retired(he came out of retirement to play the '92 worldcup).

What? urging a corrupt to act against another corrupt? How is that going to help ? :lol:

Imran is becoming stupid these days. It's best for him to leave politics and continue building more Cancer Hospitals in Pakistan. P.S Edhi is a good example to follow.

Pakistani politics is no career to be in. Just continue making a difference to society on your own.....

Both the corrupt parties are exposing each other. That helps people remember that they've tried both these parties many, many times, and should go for someone better.

Edhi spent his life trying to improve the lives of people around him, and yet, the Karachi he lives in now is much worse than before. Policies of government have an immense impact, they can improve things on a scale no individual can. One Mahatir or Erdogan at the top, can completely turn entire nations around.

I don't know how IK will be or if he lives up to our hopes, but these other parties have been tried too many times. PML-N has "ruled" over Punjab five times, and I can't see how anything will improve if they are tried a 6th, 7th, or even 100th time, govt-performance has consistently dropped rather than improve. Zardari, it seems, is like a case of terminal cancer that the PPP is unlikely to survive from, I doubt if they'll even get many votes in Sindh(which they've looted and exploited alot).

Because he says the government should implement the court's verdict?

First of all nothing will happen because these criminal politicians don’t care for anything & they don’t obey any one. So these criminal politicians will continue to terrorize the people of Pakistan, the recent example set by son in law of Shabaz Sharif is a perfect example of how these politicians don’t care for Pakistan & they don’t care for the people.

Secondly Imran Khan is expecting Zardari to do something which he will never do because he is worse than Nawaz Sharif & above all PPP, PML-N, PML-Q, ANP, JUI & MQM are criminal, terrorists name them whatever you want they are the No.1 enemy of Pakistan.

Zardari is an elected President and Imran Khan is asking head of the state (President) to take strict action... you're implying here that IK should not ask Zardari since he himself is a miscreant?

Edhi has been doing his work all his life... even though he's doing a great job but again what difference does it make and what good does it brought to the common man of the country? Imran Khan said in one of his interview that I could've become a second Edhi too but the nation will go on suffering as it has been for over 50-years now and my charity work wouldn't make a difference on a large scale... therefore I need to go on the top and change the whole system from there once and forever.

IK is no idiot no lunatic... he knows what he's doing... he said I can compromise for the objective but I'll never comprise on the objective...

...and your concern is very much appreciative while sitting in Canada. Thank you

jese cj sahib ne running primeminister ko na ahal kardia tha wese he sharif brothers ko asghar khan case main na ahal qn nhe karar dia mere khayal sy cj ny halkha hath rakha hai

Zardari is an elected President and Imran Khan is asking head of the state (President) to take strict action... you're implying here that IK should not ask Zardari since he himself is a miscreant?

This is basically job of civil society to ensure the verdict is implemented...

Imran's pressurizing Zardari to take action against the Sharif and others would only be understood when it wont bear fruit and PMLN and PPP would break another deal and continue with their Noora kushi...

Because he says the government should implement the court's verdict?

because instead of addressing the government, he has adressed Zardari..
a straightforward political line to invite two players already at loggerheads with each other ,to one known to be corrupt.
Its like deciding to take the side of one devil to act against his immediate threat..the Sharifs
So yes, its the end of his principles...and the beginning of true Pakistani politics for IK.

because instead of addressing the government, he has adressed Zardari..
a straightforward political line to invite two players already at loggerheads with each other ,to one known to be corrupt.
Its like deciding to take the side of one devil to act against his immediate threat..the Sharifs
So yes, its the end of his principles...and the beginning of true Pakistani politics for IK.

Was there ever any doubt that it would happen?

Was there ever any doubt that it would happen?

I would not have doubted that, but then again.. like Bhutto before him.. IK is being taken as larger than life...and unlike Bhutto for whom it took a five years before people started to have doubts in his words..
IK is already under that scrutiny , partly because of his lack of weight.. and partly because people's faiths are a lot less strong as they used to be.

Imran has learned alot of politics now and he is perfectly entitled to do so. Imran knows Zardari won't/can't do much so (by not doing anything) he will also stand exposed (on this issue) . Zardari's own party feels this is a moment from heavens to nail Sharifs and they would never want to lose this opportunity . Simply put Imran wants them both parties to expose/tear to pieces each other so that he steals the show its win-win for him because he has 'nothing to lose' ...while the Sharifs will be fighting for their political survival in this election. Sharifs are up against Imran in urban Punjab/KP (survey after survey have shown that PMLN and PTI will hav a tooth and nail competition even the recent IRI survey shouldn't make PMLN smile because theirs is only slight 4% lead and in such surveys their is always this much margin of error), against the might of Q leage/PPP in rural Punjab/Sindh (these two parties are the champions of rural politics ) and it won't be easy for Sharifs .

Back
Top Bottom