What's new

in a future conflict with india will pakistans lack of Naval assests cost it defeat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IN Il-38SD (5 in No)
1024px-Ilyushin_Il-38SD_Krivchikov_2007.jpg

Indian_Navy_IL-38SD_Kh-35_Uran.jpg

^^Kh-35

IN Tu-142 (8 in no)
1024px-Tupolev_Tu-142_Krivchikov_2007.jpg

IN P-8 Poseidon (4 in service,4 on order)

Boeing_P-8I_of_the_Indian_Navy.jpg

You cant technically bring all assests to fight of PN- you need only some for maintaining numerical suprerioty-

I have read it carefully.. you said PAF has plane with AESA.. don't speculate

I never said anything like that so don't lie, I talk about Chinese flanker having AESA radar.

It seems Indians can't digest that or they are still day dreaming.

Last time there was one sub that became a nightmare for the Indian AC- imagine 5-6 just to hunt indian AC and anything in the way- I believe it will remain docked like it precedessor did- :lol:-

Once we have a nuclear sub game is over- detterence will be achieved- again say bye bye to Blockade-

it doesn't matter when did you buy Orions ... you might get upgrades... but it doesn't make equivalent to poseidon. ... otherwise US wouldn't replace Orions with P8. ..

We selected P-3s as platform instead of 737s but we have latest equipment, if you don't believe try to send you subs some day and you will find out. :D

PN have also selected P-3s as platform for Hawkeye-2000 did that make hawk eye old and obsolete system??

You cant technically bring all assests to fight of PN- you need only some for maintaining numerical suprerioty-

Defence forces prepare for worst case scenarios... but I have noticed that pakistani fanboys have different views.. even in case of PAF vs IAF they believe that half of our squads will be stationed at china's border.. this is just wishful thinking.. when it will come to war.. there will be war.

Last time there was one sub that became a nightmare for the Indian AC- imagine 5-6 just hunt indian AC- I believe it will remain docked like it precedessor did-

which sub you are talking about... have you forgotten about the karachi ?

Defence forces prepare for worst case scenarios... but I have noticed that pakistani fanboys have different views.. even in case of PAF vs IAF they believe that half of our squads will be stationed at china's border.. this is just wishful thinking.. when it will come to war.. there will be war

Same mind set from Indian side too.

It's so easy isn't it, just so easy for a Navy to impose sea denial. Well except it's not. Here's why:

Firstly, The range of any ground/ship based radar in detecting surface targets is severely limited by the curvature of the Earth. The maximum range at which a radar can detect a ship or any other vessel/structure on the surface is given by :

300px-HorizonDistance.png

6201c19e83ae7dcaeb76974f5d2705b4.png

where D is in Km and both h are in Meters.

The mast of INS Shivalik is around 15 meters above the water-line. Assuming ground radar at 100m elevation(unlikely), the maximum radar detection range comes out to be 38.3 Km, irrespective of their maximum quoted range. In other words, your ground radar networks are useless in detecting an IN fleet out at 300 km.

Unless PN or PAF commits an Erieye or equivalent, there is almost no chance for the PN to detect, let alone track, an IN warship.

Secondly, the IN in a wargame commited IN assets to try and detect the INS Satpura, and found none of its assets capable of detecting it beyond 100 km. And I'll bet my money on the IN having far superior maritime surveillance capabilities than the PN anyday.

The third problem is wrt the usage of the PN sub fleet. The SSKs (Agosta 90B) are definitely a serious threat. But they'd need atleast a rudimentary idea of the location of the IN ships to move to intercept. The PN subs cannot attempt to chase down the IN ships, they'll have to rely on ambushes. The SSK speeds using AIP ranges anywhere from 3-8 Knots, compared with 25+ knots of IN fleet, making it impossible to chase down IN ships.

So how do you propose to keep IN 300 km out????

@Windjammer, since you claim to take into account all possibilities, please do advise on how you intend to bypass these problems...
Satellites and maritime surveillance planes can do it, also passive very long range 3000/4000 km radars can do it, and the combination with other assets can do it too.

Defence forces prepare for worst case scenarios... but I have noticed that pakistani fanboys have different views.. even in case of PAF vs IAF they believe that half of our squads will be stationed at china's border.. this is just wishful thinking.. when it will come to war.. there will be war.

which sub you are talking about... have you forgotten about the karachi ?

You lack strategic thinking- I am sure your generals are not stupid enough to put all egs in one basket- where one surprise weapon system could shatter your blue water navy dream- yeah ponder on surprise-

If you don't know which sub I am talking about you need to educate yourself about history- all your navy glory came after that sub accidently sunk itself-

This what I have written on post # 43:

Quote:

Our P-3s are not old ones they have latest goodies in them so don't worry PN can hunt INs subs, and our pilots are not flying Chinese flankers to compare them with IAF ones, they are flying them because PAF may need them in any future emergency and pool off trained crew should be available and those flankers are not easy to fight as they have lower RCS and AESA radar and all other weapons which India can have from Russia.

Unquote:

where the hell in it I have said that PAF planes have AESA?? although PAF fighter don't have AESA but AWACS do have that.

Why Indian lie to much to satisfy their ego.

Neither does PN move all assets against IN AC.. lol.. why we need to send AC close PN coast ..... and you guys bring PAF into the picture but IN can't ...

We selected P-3s as platform instead of 737s but we have latest equipment, if you don't believe try to send you subs some day and you will find out. :D

PN have also selected P-3s as platform for Hawkeye-2000 did that make hawk eye old and obsolete system??
We are talking about technological difference between Poseidon and Orions... silly...

Of the equipments I posted,other than Su-30MKIs,all others are for exclusive maritime roles. So speaking platforms wise,all these assets can be brought to fight PN. IN do have a distinctive qualitative and quantitative advantage over PN.

You lack strategic thinking- I am sure your generals are not stupid enough to put all egs in one basket- where one surprise weapon system could shatter your blue water navy dream- yeah ponder on surprise-

If you don't know which sub I am talking about you need to educate yourself about history- all your navy glory came after that sub accidently sunk itself-

what surprise weapon you have ? we do have the capacity to take the hit .. but i don't think you have the same. we will have scorpions, aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines by the end of decade.

you have given undue importance to gazzi.. who was sunk by IN... and how you people can forget about the greatest bonfire in Karachi ?

The answer can be as simple as having 30 to 40 midget subs like the Iranian ones including some 500/600 ton ones, roaming around in shallow and deep waters of the Pakistani coast . All of them at a price of 500/600 million which is the price of one type 214 submarine.
This alone will give headaches to any wannabe invader, blockader or else, and will make him think about some terrible losses that he can not sustain.

Last edited:
One sub was enough to take care of western command now they have 3 and with p3c Orion it will be nice to see how India will implement sea denial to Pakistan .

PAF is getting ready for future dedicated naval version of JF17 with ashm including cruise and cm400akg with the help of Chinese AWACS to guide them right @ Indian ship. And kaboom

It will be easy for Pakistan to block India ship lane and choke India in the future so it's good idea for India to have alternAte gas supplier other the the gulf country .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom