What's new

In pictures: Chinese astronauts enter space orbiter for first time

fly2012

Reaction score
BEIJING, June 18 (Xinhua) -- Three Chinese astronauts floated into the cabin of an orbiting module Monday afternoon, becoming the first group of Chinese to enter an orbiter in space.

Jing Haipeng, followed by Liu Wang and Liu Yang, went into the space lab module Tiangong-1 from spacecraft Shenzhou-9 following a successful automatic docking procedure about three hours ago

In pictures: Chinese astronauts enter space orbiter for first time - Xinhua | English.news.cn

131660898_371n.jpg

131660898_801n.jpg

131660898_1891n.jpg

131660896_11n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Freaking awesome! That Tiangong-1 space module looks very spacious compared to other orbiting stations. Quite a milestone for the Chinese Space Program.

Freaking awesome! That Tiangong-1 space module looks very spacious compared to other orbiting stations. Quite a milestone for the Chinese Space Program.

Except the ISS, the other space statations were built decades ago, so the design of Tiangong is indeed much more user-frinedly, the taikonauts can spend their time on Internet in there. :coffee:

Except the ISS, the other space statations were built decades ago, so the design of Tiangong is indeed much more user-frinedly, the taikonauts can spend their time on Internet in there. :coffee:

I was wondering that since this Taingong-1 is sort of a tech demonstrator, there isnt much in the way of experimental payload that it carries. Maybe that explains lots of space inside? Real Estate inside these space modules is extremely precious. Maybe the next Space Station will be jam packed with equipment for experiments.

I was wondering that since this Taingong-1 is sort of a tech demonstrator, there isnt much in the way of experimental payload that it carries. Maybe that explains lots of space inside? Real Estate inside these space modules is extremely precious. Maybe the next Space Station will be jam packed with equipment for experiments.

Tiangong 1 is most likely a demonstrator part, since the other modules all weigh about 20-22 tons, so it can only be carried by the CZ-5A rocket, which means it will launch until 2014. :coffee:

it has all essential payload required for a mini space station:
- life support
- exercise equipment
- water recycling
- etc

it also carries some classified military payload

Tiangong1 will be discarded next year, it is more likely a proof of concept prototype. The core of future space station will be composed of Tiangong2 and 3, both of which weights about 20k Kg, compared with 8K Kg of tiangong1.

Congratulations to China and all the Chinese! I only wish the Muslim world had united by now and taken similar or greater steps in the fields of space exploration, astronomy, research and development and advancement in general.

Congratulations to China and all the Chinese! I only wish the Muslim world had united by now and taken similar or greater steps in the fields of space exploration, astronomy, research and development and advancement in general.
Look at the Saudi, UAE and Qatar with all that money. Their rulers are more into Ferrari and partying with European women than space exploration. All that oil money and they couldn't bother to better themselves.

^^^ Exactly. Its a shame for Arabs. Anyway china is freaking awesome. If it can carry on with this momentum one day it can emulate US. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom