What's new

India:1'st Full Prototype Tokamak Fusion Reactor Successfully Commissioned

We need to find a most cost effective way for nuclear backed electricity supply first....

One of or perhaps most significant scientific achievement of India!!!!!!!

Many many Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Do any one anything about rail gun project of India??

I had heard that India is working on it at the time of APJ abdul Kalam. Nothing is been heard there after.

If any body has any Information Pl let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

@kurup @Indo-guy It's NOT the first tokamak in India. Aditya was the first tokamak which went into operation back in 1990 itself. SST-1 is the evolution, like the Chinese EAST, the GLAST mentioned here is the HT-6M design from Hefei (apparently the 6B tokamak was handed over to Iran) details of which have been posted by me in the Tokamak thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are a contributor to wikipedia , you should the GLAST in the Tokamak page . It is not listed there .

Tokamak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IT was listed there before.Anyway for more detail

http://www.iter.org/newsline/15/1025

there is one more coming soon

I am not able to find the Official site of Now

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...c82MC8&sig=AHIEtbSyXNdTadXrzmJCO3E7UUzHNBi1Dg

Pakisatn Tokamak explained in detail

http://www.iter.org/newsline/15/1025

@kurup It's NOT the first tokamak in India. Aditya was the first tokamak which went into operation back in 1990 itself. SST-1 is the evolution, like the Chinese EAST, the GLAST mentioned here is the HT-6M design from Hefei (apparently the 6B tokamak was handed over to Iran) details of which have been posted by me in the Tokamak thread.

Yeah bro , I was reading about tokamaks on wiki . And the only thing I understood was that it is technologically too much for me to comprehend ........ :D

Also the link on 1st post says we have started construction of 4 700MWe reactors and planning to construct sixteen more .

Any idea whether we are developing a 1000+MWe design ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah bro , I was reading about tokamaks on wiki . And the only thing I understood was that it is technologically too much for me to comprehend ........ :D

Also the link on 1st post says we have started construction of 4 700MWe reactors and planning to construct sixteen more .

Any idea whether we are developing a 1000+MWe design ??

Perhaps, but more funding is required. There are far too many projects in the offing in the nuclear energy sector. All I can say is that we have reached quite a good place in terms of basic and applied R&D, one of the exceptions in the Indian public sector- where reliable supplier/vendor chains have been established in country. So more funding, MUCH more is called for.

Its not terribly difficult to understand, I do it all the time, pick up topics that have nothing to do with being a munshi and understand them- its a good source that is required and wiki just confuses the hell out of people.

Bhawawwawawawawawwawawawwawawa :rofl:

OT: Anyone here with the bright idea of converting a Tokamak into gigaton weapon? :cheesy:

Perhaps, but more funding is required. There are far too many projects in the offing in the nuclear energy sector. All I can say is that we have reached quite a good place in terms of basic and applied R&D, one of the exceptions in the Indian public sector- where reliable supplier/vendor chains have been established in country. So more funding, MUCH more is called for.

Its not terribly difficult to understand, I do it all the time, pick up topics that have nothing to do with being a munshi and understand them- its a good source that is required and wiki just confuses the hell out of people.

Bhawawwawawawawawwawawawwawawa :rofl:

OT: Anyone here with the bright idea of converting a Tokamak into gigaton weapon? :cheesy:

Buttsy strapped to a tokamak, dropped from orbit, simple.:smokin:

Btw, where is he? He seems to be particularly against Pakistan venturing forth in this particular area.:undecided: I tried to explain that with the HT-6 Pakistan would learn how to build a bigger and better tokamak than the table top demos that the folks outside ITER live with- the talent is already there- he still didn't seem convinced. Probably the mullah in him was acting up.

Confrats Indians :bounce:

Please don't try to make any WMD use of the reactor :ashamed: I know some of you might use it against Saudis :cray:

No man never. You do not know about the historical relation of India with SA. Saudis used to be the soldiers and generals of our small Kingdom in Gujarat. I have read many stores. I read that they chant something like beli beli. I do not know what is that. Saudi horses were in huge demand in the time of 19th century.

And yes, We already have TN weapon. I do not know whether the result of R & D in tokamak can be used to further refine the design.

Yara, research on Tokamak is continuing at sustained speed @ PAEC, however, we don't have huge budgets to build couple more. At the moment, GLAST will have to do.

Buttsy strapped to a tokamak, dropped from orbit, simple.:smokin:

Btw, where is he? He seems to be particularly against Pakistan venturing forth in this particular area.:undecided: I tried to explain that with the HT-6 Pakistan would learn how to build a bigger and better tokamak than the table top demos that the folks outside ITER live with- the talent is already there- he still didn't seem convinced. Probably the mullah in him was acting up.

Yara, research on Tokamak is continuing at sustained speed @ PAEC, however, we don't have huge budgets to build couple more. At the moment, GLAST will have to do.

That's what I told him, that it didn't come out of the blue, the folks wanted the GLAST because that is an area that they have been researching in. Sill he didn't seem convinced, wanted to know if it could be used for going after the Teller-Ulam.

Back
Top Bottom