What's new

India - an aspiring hegemon

Give yourself some slack.

How can you form opinions on India based on what a Pakistani former Diplomat writes ? If the inputs are wrong so shall be the results.

Ok. Thanks for point out the source of the author. I choose not to finish reading the article as the article look like a troll bait. So I didn't catch that the article is written by a Pakistan guy. I never thought that this would be written by a Pakistani guy as the thread starter is an Indian guy. Here is the mystery, why would an Indian guy post something that put India in a bad light?

Ok. Thanks for point out the source of the author. I choose not to finish reading the article as the article look like a troll bait. So I didn't catch that the article is written by a Pakistan guy. I never thought that this would be written by a Pakistani guy as the thread starter is an Indian guy. Here is the mystery, why would an Indian guy post something that put India in a bad light?

An old saying in India -

Nindak niyare rakhiye, Angan kuti chawai,
Bin pani sabun bina, nirmal kare subhaiy

English translation

Keep your critic close to you. Give him a cottage in the courtyard of your house, because he cleanses your nature without soap and water

An old saying in India -

Nindak niyare rakhiye, Angan kuti chawai,
Bin pani sabun bina, nirmal kare subhaiy

English translation

Keep your critic close to you. Give him a cottage in the courtyard of your house, because he cleanses your nature without soap and water

I prefer the American saying from the godfathers

Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

But when I look at the thread opener, he seems to highlight part of the article that make him feel good about India. Is he yearning for a few complements in an article that is largely critical of India?

This is your 12th post here.

you shall soon see the method here, opinions others have of you are posted by all with a view to draw flak upon it by fellow countrymen.

Those from the ' other side' will naturally support the article - that's when the fun begins till the Mods step in.

I prefer the American saying from the godfathers

Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.

But when I look at the thread opener, he seems to highlight part of the article that make him feel good about India. Is he yearning for a few complements in an article that is largely critical of India?

Keep your friends close, enemies closer is actually attributed to Sun-Tzu but originally by Machiavelli and is not an american saying per se

India will break up. Just ask the Sikhs, Muslims and Tamils. That's like 500 million people wanting independence. Good luck trying to force 500 million people together for the rest of this century.
One little incident (like the Delhi rape case) and watch the riots start. Remember 1984 Sikh riots? Yup, thought so.
India is internally weak, always have been and always will be.

Have you got Diayou/senkaku islands? Just pork your nose their.

Come on Guys Whats wrong with being Aspirational :bunny:

Don't tell me that you are so thick that you can't tell the author is using the term "aspiration" sarcastically. The author is making fun of India.

What would an Indian post an article that make fun of India and some other Indians are supporting him is something I'm still trying to figure out in this forum. Can someone enlighten me on this. This is just so counter logic.

nothing wrong but day dreaming is not good along with useless bullying

First of Day dreaming is Patented job of Pakistani ppl along with Conspiracy theories:cheesy:

eg:-

Useless bullying......Bullying is never useless as long as its meant for Fun:whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:
India's neighbours are worried about the Indian regime's aggressive and thuggish behaviour. That's why all South Asian countries want China in the region to counterbalance the thugs in New Delhi.

If India has aggressive designs, mark my words.. weak south asian countries like BD, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri-Lanka etc would have been part of the Indian domain...and trust me it would be a cake walk...

Your attribution to why the Chinese are being invited into South Asia is completely miscued...

The Chinese have money (investment) and they are efficient at executing projects in a timely manner..your prowess in trade is for everyone to see...
We give the Chinese credit where due...

But please do not act like saviors of South Asia because you are not...
In fact more countries are vary of Chinese hegemonic plans and arm twisting over territorial matters than anything remotely even close coming from India...

You are free to join the herd on this forum, but dont take what you perceive/read on this forum to be reality...

India - aspiring colonial master of white British servants

If you have a point...now would be the time to make it....

When you look at the map, India really do bump up against China. China geographically now would be a South Asian power as well as a East Asian power. This is the same reasoning that Russia is a Far Eastern Power because of its presence in Siberia.

I beg to differ...

China is far from being a global power in its current state...
Yes China is a behemoth and a very tough military opponent...but in order for it to be a South Asian power, it needs to have enough "pull" to secure resources coming from the Strait of Hormuz to the Mallaca Strait which it does not currently have control over...Unlike the US, China does have an "achilles heel"

Secondly, the Himalayas will always be a huge barrier to a direct Chinese intervention into India....
India is definitely lags behind China on land, but it is no pushover and we are dug in for defence....and the Chinese are well aware of that..

Besides...China has much to lose and a lot to cover socially before it can push for a war with the only other country in Asia that matches it in numbers and diplomacy...In many ways (socially speaking) China and India have similar problems to overcome..

After reading this article, it appears that India is prematurely trying to be a hegemon while it has many internal issues. I would suggest that India first take care of its own internal social issues and rebellions before being consider to be a hegemon. With the internal rebellions, India should seek to be the hegemon of the whole India first before stepping out of its own border.

India has no hegemonic designs....Of course one has to note the interntions of the author..
Making India the boogeyman has always been a tactful way for our enemies to garner public sentiment and embolden their armed forces...
If India really wanted to, it could take over South Asia (Not including Pakistan) in a fortnight....militarily speaking..

Back
Top Bottom