What's new

India asks UN to ban Jemaat-ud-Dawa

Whereas there is no doubt that the Jemaat-ud-Dawa has done much for the earthquake victims in Pakistan, it does not necessarily mean that that are not the "to be showed" face of the LET.

its founder Hafiz Mohammed Saeed was the public face of the LET till such time the US banned the LET. After that a convenient change of face and business as usual...

Further, Abdul Aziz Alvi, chief of the Jamaat in Azad Kashmir, said, "We don't take permission from the UN or the Security Council for carrying out our activities".

He claimed his group was not involved in the Mumbai carnage but said his organisation would admit its mistakes provided it was proved that it was in any way linked to the attacks, which left a trail of death and destruction.

Freudian slip ?

Sadly Terrorism has no face or country anymore; As is often repeated - you cut one head and then another rises. These groups keep changing their names as they go along selling death and hatred through those who are most vulnerable : the poor and the downtrodden.

It was encouraging for me as an Indian to hear the Pak President's first reaction - to send in his own top brass to try to help out. Sadly his apparent forthrightness was dealt with scorn and distrust by not just the Indian media but also by the Indian government. (Their ineptness and truly amazing. ) It could have been a fresh start to Indo Pak relationships.

Pak Hawks probably prevailed upon Zardari to retract statements and the game of Indo Pak volleyball has started again.

But, there is a difference, not just the US intervention ( suprisingly for something where they have nothing to personally gain ). but it seems that with a man who was once called Mr.10 % at the helm of things in Pakistan, is making a bold and genuine effort. This needs appreciation.

I pray for both your country and mine that the educated understand that terrorism is in our back yards and we must deal with it as such.

Whereas there is no doubt that the Jemaat-ud-Dawa has done much for the earthquake victims in Pakistan, it does not necessarily mean that that are not the "to be showed" face of the LET.

its founder Hafiz Mohammed Saeed was the public face of the LET till such time the US banned the LET. After that a convenient change of face and business as usual...

Further, Abdul Aziz Alvi, chief of the Jamaat in Azad Kashmir, said, "We don't take permission from the UN or the Security Council for carrying out our activities".

He claimed his group was not involved in the Mumbai carnage but said his organisation would admit its mistakes provided it was proved that it was in any way linked to the attacks, which left a trail of death and destruction.

Freudian slip ?

Sadly Terrorism has no face or country anymore; As is often repeated - you cut one head and then another rises. These groups keep changing their names as they go along selling death and hatred through those who are most vulnerable : the poor and the downtrodden.

It was encouraging for me as an Indian to hear the Pak President's first reaction - to send in his own top brass to try to help out. Sadly his apparent forthrightness was dealt with scorn and distrust by not just the Indian media but also by the Indian government. (Their ineptness and truly amazing. ) It could have been a fresh start to Indo Pak relationships.

Pak Hawks probably prevailed upon Zardari to retract statements and the game of Indo Pak volleyball has started again.

But, there is a difference, not just the US intervention ( suprisingly for something where they have nothing to personally gain ). but it seems that with a man who was once called Mr.10 % at the helm of things in Pakistan, is making a bold and genuine effort. This needs appreciation.

I pray for both your country and mine that the educated understand that terrorism is in our back yards and we must deal with it as such.

Before you advise others deal with your Hindu terrorists, deal with RAW which is nothing more than a terrorist outfit and only then others will follow your lead.

Asim, Now Pakistani people should thing about there is really any need for
law approval or debit on LeT and JuD are linked or not….
or take appropriate action safe guard interest of Pakistan or Face international community..........

I would go as far as to say that if the courts decide against conviction then no matter who comes yappin our doorstep, we take em on and keep doing things as per the law.

People who break the LAW are generally bad people and those who uphold it are the good guys.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom