What's new

India building biggest Nuclear Plant of 10,000 MW with France US$ 20 billion project

Interesting policy regarding solar power.
How will it reduce the transmission losses to near zero? Or did you mean that it is targeting to reduce it to 10%.

Anyways, good to see the govt serious about getting the power issue out the door for the economy to grow.

No brother I mean Govt. of Gujarat is setting small powerplants of 1000 MW near future cities (like GIFT City, Dholera SIR, etc.) Because powerplants would be within city, power loss would be reduced to practically zero (only loss that would be because of variation).

Yes, on avg. they are targeting 10% for whole Gujarat which is currently at 20%. But significantly according to Energy Minister that over capacity is killing their targets. They wanted to pass the electricity to those states where power cut occurs.

If you know, power generation from wind, solar is very costly. It's around (15 Rs / Unit, while through coal its Rs. 4-5, from nuclear around 50 paisa (although huge investment and restricted material).)

So, I think if Gujarat is having ideal power, other state should purchase it no matter how costly it is because that will always be cheaper than solar, wind or tidal.

Moreover, just heard Gujarat Govt. has intiated construction of Kalpasar Dam which would be first sea based dam with capacity to generate 5000+ MW and 16,791 million cubic metres of water storage of fresh water. This would be second largest fresh water reservoir in the world if water is stored in full capacity.

Kalpasar Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Something looks, Govt. would not stop installing new project, when 70% of power is already idle.

It is quite different from any state i believe. My ancestral village is in Kutch. Let me tell you that even the remotest places in the state have water, electricity and paved roads. But one thing that Gujurat lags behind is agriculture sector. If Modi can help bring about development in the farming sector it would bring Gujurat much higher in HDI, as the poor strata of the society would benefit a lot from it.

I think Gujarat is the only state to have two figure growth rate in Agriculture. So, don't worry we catch it up that too.

Personally, I would like to see different parts of india developing in different sectors instead of trying to develop each area in everything..
Let the fertile lands handle agri sector while the states with already developed infrastructure handle the industries...BUT that will need a lot of understanding among states, which seems a distant dream considering the dirty regional politics going on..:frown:

Absolutely correct. :)

I wish India all the luck in the world dealing with the French. They just about ruined China's civilian nuclear program, I'd be surprised if they didn't try to do the same thing with India.

The French systemically bribed their way into being China's sole suppliers of reactor technology and it's only in recent years that China has moved away from their product. China just gave a life sentence to the former head of the China nuclear power generation corporation for taking bribes from the French.

u seem to have lot of knowledge about nuclear power generation technology especially french.....pls throw some light on what u said above regarding French - China deals.........and what went wrong...... also tell some better technologies other than french :).....

Back
Top Bottom