What's new

India calls for stepping up counter-terror cooperation with Israel

Bl[i]tZ

Reaction score
Indian minister says Israel, India to step up security cooperation in battle against militants - The Washington Post

JERUSALEM — India’s foreign minister says his country will step up cooperation with Israel in a common battle against terrorism.

Indian Minister of External Affairs S. M. Krishna made the comments Tuesday during a visit to Israel.
Krishna says the visit is intended to “work out a strategy” with Israel to fight terror. Both countries have been targets of bloody Islamic militant attacks.

Krishna is in Israel also to work on a free trade agreement.

At a meeting with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Krishna said India has benefited from Israeli agriculture, science and technology since the countries established diplomatic ties two decades ago, according to a statement from Netanyahu’s office.

Mideast%20Israel%20Palestinians%20India.JPEG-05e68.jpg

(Yin Dongxun, Pool/Associated Press) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, left, meets with Indian Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna in his office in Jerusalem, Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2012. Indian Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna is on an official visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories.

JERUSALEM: India has called for scaling up counter-terror and economic cooperation with Israel, which has emerged as it second largest supplier of sophisticated military weapons.

"My visit primarily would be focusing on the economic content, security, terror - these are some of the issues which are commonly faced both by Israel as well as India," external affairs minister SM Krishna said with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at his side.

"We will have to work out a strategy as to how we address ourselves to the scourge of international terrorism which has become the curse for the entire humanity," said Krishna.

"I think our efforts should be to checkmate and ultimately eradicate terrorists from the face of the earth," he added.

Since the 26/11 Mumbai carnage, in which six Israeli nationals were also killed, counter-terror cooperation between India and Israel has intensified.

Krishna on Monday began a two-day visit to Israel, the first by an Indian foreign minister to that country in the last
11 years.

Krishna stressed that he was visiting Israel to chart out a road map for the next two decades of bilateral cooperation. "We have learned so much from Israel, particularly in the field of agriculture and science and technology innovation," he said.

"And India is naturally an ally of Israel in all these frontiers of science and I look forward to an increased economic content to our existing political relationship," Krishna said.

Netanyahu struck an upbeat note on the trajectory of India's relations with Israel which have been blossoming since the two countries established diplomatic ties two decades ago.

"India and Israel are two ancient peoples seizing the future: in technology, in innovation, in enterprise, and I think we can seize it even better by our cooperation," said Netanyahu.

"So I look forward to discuss with you all these areas of cooperation between us, including the signing in the near future of a free trade agreement to multiply our trade and to increase the cooperation economically between India and Israel," he said.

India calls for stepping up counter-terror cooperation with Israel - The Times of India

Would love it if Sayeret Matkal and Shayetet 13 helped the Para(SF) & MARCOS in upgrading their Counter Terrorist skills.

Many Indian SOFs have already gone to Israel to train with these guys.

lol two terrorist states are going to train each other for more terrorisam

Ha ha ha, ask anybody in the world to name the "epicenter of all terrorism". This is like hitler accusing the jews of being nazis.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-05-05/...kistani-air-force-terror-effort?_s=PM:OPINION

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/05/02/pakistan-the-epicenter-of-global-terrorism/

http://articles.boston.com/2010-10-26/news/29288085_1_pakpattan-north-waziristan-punjab-province

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/128790/pakistan-epicenter-terrorism-says-mullen.html
Just google "epicenter of terrorism" and find out which country features proudly in the results. I'm pretty sure you were making a joke there.

Oh do you know which country the world's most wanted terrorist chose as the safest place to live? Until foreign commandoes came in and finished him off?

Damn, I could go on and on all day, this is way too easy. I don't have time. :(

Brilliant we must work together with Mossad in making sure another 26/11 never happens.

instead of fighting with unarmed ( palestinan and kashmires ) why not you both country goes to afghanistan and face with real terrorist there ?

instead of fighting with unarmed ( palestinan and kashmires ) why not you both country goes to afghanistan and face with real terrorist there ?

I never knew LET, JEM were unarmed :lol:

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

We will shoot them and put them in unmarked graves and let the maggots eat them

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Topic : Israelis have the best technologies & richest experience in the field of counter-terrorism.

So, good news this. :cheers:

why not you both country goes to afghanistan and face with real terrorist there ?

Ohh.. I guess then TTP and Hakimullah Mehsud must be mighty pleased then :)

Actually most of the terrorists in afghanistan have fled to safe havens in pakistan, where they find more sympathy. In any case, we are not interested in global policing, the Indian army's duty and mandate is solely to eliminate terrorists who have designs against India.:guns:

Additionally, India is also imparting world class training to Afghan army officers to tackle terrorists and keep their country safe in future. Wise policy, I should say.

We have killed many Afghan and Chechen fighters also they are in unmarked graves being eaten by worms as we speak

No we are not killing unarmed Kashmiri we are killing terrorist those take terror training in pakistan

corner-shot.jpg

After 26/11 we have this gun now, Israel has been using it for some time.

Back
Top Bottom