What's new

India & China to hold 15th round of boundary talks

It is agreed that no settled areas will change hands.

The only realistic solution is LAC as the border with some minor trade offs in some sectors, no exchange of settled populations or areas.

Yes, it will be good. It is needlessly dragging.

IF, only if india give Tawang to china. what should china repay India?
what is your price?

i doubt india will give tawang

it's one of the holy places for Buddhists,local arunchal people won't accept it.

if itsn't for dispute tourism would have flourished here,some of the places are breathtaking

The mindset of both nations is set in concrete. To give 1 centimetre would be a sign of weakness by both parties. Still i suppose there will be some nice tea and coffee and biscuits for the delegations!

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Is there like a secret gold mine in Tawang or something?

No just cheap italian ice cream mate !!

IF, only if india give Tawang to china. what should china repay India?
what is your price?

More than you can pay. ;)

Frankly, I don't think Tawang is for sale.

The days of changing borders have gone with the formation of nation states. States go to great length to protect the integrity of their borders.

no. it's the holy places for Tibet religion.
it is notihing to do with resources

I think you mean Buddhism there mate.

If you ask me it depends on whether the people of Arunachal Pradesh refer to themselves as "Indians" or "Chinese".

I think you mean Buddhism there mate.

If you ask me it depends on whether the people of Arunachal Pradesh refer to themselves as "Indians" or "Chinese".
it called Tibetan Buddhism.
in fact,maybe it should let the people of Arunachal Pradesh and people in tibet to decide together.
it is their holly place.

maybe should let the people of Arunachal Pradesh and people in tibet to decide together.

Sure, sure. There's probably a reason why your government hasn't mentioned this idea though.

maybe should let the people of Arunachal Pradesh and people in tibet to decide together.

People of Arunachal have given their verdict of being Indian citizens repeatedly in the free and fair elections.

Can one say the same about Tibet?

Tibet deserves genuine autonomy and its own government before any discussions can happen.

Sure, sure. There's probably a reason why your government hasn't mentioned this idea though.
in this way, you will lose tawang for sure. the populatiom in tibet is much bigger than Arunachal Pradesh

in this way, you will lose tawang for sure. the populatiom in tibet is much bigger than Arunachal Pradesh

Riiight... So you want the Tibetans and The Arunachal Pradeshis to sit down and decide whether Arunachal Pradesh should stay with India or join China?

A bit odd... but okay, I trust the Tibetans. :D

Riiight... So you want the Tibetans and The Arunachal Pradeshis to sit down and decide whether Arunachal Pradesh should stay with India or join China?

A bit odd... but okay, I trust the Tibetans. :D
it is a good and fair solution . and I do believe most of Tibetan are on our side.

@ VINOD

Brother.. War is not a solution but both parties should come to the table and resolve all the outstanding dispute through dialogues be it's China, Pakistan or India. It's better all three parties should declare and accept LoC as permanent border.
No compromise on our territorial integrity.

regards
Jailer

it is a good and fair solution . and I do believe most of Tibetan are on our side.

Yeah mate, whatever. I just find it odd that you want to bring Tibetans into it.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

@ VINOD

Brother.. War is not a solution but both parties should come to the table and resolve all the outstanding dispute through dialogues be it's China, Pakistan or India. It's better all three parties should declare and accept LoC as permanent border.
No compromise on our territorial integrity.

regards
Jailer

Jailer, that sounds very nice an' all but you know no one's going to accept LoC as the international border. There's just too many vested interests at stake (by all parties) whether it be Kashmir or Arunachal Pradesh.

Back
Top Bottom