What's new

India Deployed Combat Jets Mistaking Migratory Birds for Pakistani Drones

I'm not sure why so many Pakistani members find this funny. If Indian radars are sensitive enough to pickup birds then they can surely pickup aircraft. More alarming for Pakistan is that the Indians can quickly scramble aircraft to a perceived threat while Pakistani airspace has been violated on a regular basis without them having a clue.

That photo of the downed PAF falco UAV is from the very website you are quoting.

Pakistan_UAV_wreckage_jk1.jpg

Other Ops and Incidents: Assorted Photo Collection - Vayu Sena

i can quote my statement from many other site.I only used that site just for the pics.

and most important falco italian uav was inducted somewhere in 2008 and not in 2003.
the wreckage of Pakistan UAV looks more like of a toy UAV.

:lol: Still believe your state propaganda ??? Jammu & Kashmir still owned by India ... any thing else doesn't matters.

And about muslims who ruled this area also forcefully convert your forefathers to islam

Ever heard of gilgit , muzafrabad , abotabad, mirpur....or even Azad jamu kashmir :azn: now google some of these and also about 1948 ... and then continue to believe ur state propaganda :woot::woot:

I'm not sure why so many Pakistani members find this funny. If Indian radars are sensitive enough to pickup birds then they can surely pickup aircraft. More alarming for Pakistan is that the Indians can quickly scramble aircraft to a perceived threat while Pakistani airspace has been violated on a regular basis without them having a clue.

No-one can make them understand.....

Thats because Pakistani radars do not pick up anything below a fighter jet.. Birds, drones, Helicopters.. All are ignored ;)

Pakistani airspace gets violated on a daily basis by Uncle Sam's drones WITH the country ruler's approval
Pakistani airspace got violated by US Navy Seals to hunt Osama
Pakistani airspace got violated by IAF Mig-25 and Islamabad sonic-boomed
PAF Atlantique gets shot down while trespassing IB and Pakistan loses case at International Court of Justice

Still Pakistanis make fun of Indian radars picking up objects as small as moving birds ( whose radar signature is similar to a mini-UAV ) ... it is funny indeed.

The more you sweat in peace , the less you bleed in war.

Because they are not sensitive they are malfunctioning. What exactly is the worth of a radar which can't differ between a bird and a plane? There are also reports where they mistook planets for UFOs (mind it not spread by foreign media but reported primarily in Indian media). Though you are right about the second part about quick response.

Thats because Pakistani radars do not pick up anything below a fighter jet.. Birds, drones, Helicopters.. All are ignored ;)

Is a Chinook smaller than a fighter jet.........Pakistani radar couldn't pick up a goddamned Chinook used in the Osama raid......

In May 1997, an Indian Air Force Mikoyan MiG-25RB reconnaissance aircraft created a
furor when the pilot flew faster than Mach 2
over Pakistani territory following a
reconnaissance mission into Pakistan airspace.
The MiG-25 broke the sound barrier while
flying at an altitude of around 65,000 feet, otherwise the mission would have remained
covert, at least to the general public. The
Pakistan Government considered the breaking
of the sound barrier was deliberate to make
the point that the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) had
no aircraft in its inventory which can come close to the MiG-25's cruising altitude (up to
74,000 feet). India denied the incident but
Pakistan's Foreign Minister, Gohar Ayub Khan,
believed that the Foxbat photographed
strategic installations near the capital, Islamabad

However, from one of PAF's Forward Operating
Bases, radar traced the intruder and the F-16As
scrambled. Sources in the PAF said that there was
no need to intercept a plane flying at the altitude
of 65,000 feet as the F-16 can reach an operating
ceiling of 55,000 feet.

:lol: Still believe your state propaganda ??? Jammu & Kashmir still owned by India ... any thing else doesn't matters.

And about muslims who ruled this area also forcefully convert your forefathers to islam

If you have a brain you haven't said that, it seem you have a comprehension problem i haven't said pakistan owned all of kashmir but half of kashmir----Thank god our forefathers choose Islam as religion, and today we are not worshiping animals, and they were not forcefully converted, because if that was the case today there will be 0 hindu in the sub-continent, since muslims have had all their time to butcher every each hindu, that's a fact---but can't understand :lol:

Because they are not sensitive they are malfunctioning. What exactly is the worth of a radar which can't differ between a bird and a plane? There are also reports where they mistook planets for UFOs (mind it not spread by foreign media but reported primarily in Indian media). Though you are right about the second part about quick response.
Do you know how radars work? These radars didn't classify the birds as drone. s merely alerted the controllers there were unidentified flying objects flying in their sector to which the IAF scrambled. Objectively speaking this is some impressive work- the fact these radars could detect BIRDS means they're going to be able to detect larger things say MALE drones or FIGHTER A/C.

To be honest the SOP for most professional militaries is pretty much what the IAF demonstrated.

Anyone remember this:

US plane with marines grounded in Mumbai - Times Of India

A US military flight was FORCED to land by the IAF after it strayed into Indian airspace ACCIDENTALLY.

I wonder what excuse your PAF radar controllers have for not securing your skies from Reaper/Predator drones? :undecided:

I see think I've figured it out. What the IAF did (protecting India's skies/sovereignty) was so foreign and unusual to you guys that you're reacting like a bunch of morons.

Pakistan should actually borrow these radars and install them at their western front. That way they can know when drone comes rather than crying of sovereignty impeachment. :lol:

They are not sensitive or they are malfunctioning..individual birds dont have effect on the radar ,but flock of birds do show on the radar..thats how it is all around the world...if it dsnt show on the radar then its malfunctioning.

Back
Top Bottom