What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

There is no real substitute for a metro system in a high population city.
Higher capacity and/or faster moving and/or low carbon foot print transport means always are a better option. Their cost calculation based on initial capital cost also isn't correct method, but rather should be calculated based on reduction in pollution they can achieve over life time along with savings these bring by avoiding additional capacity creation requirement of infra-structure in future.

looks good and big.. how much it costed.. wat about apartments for visitor to stay i mean international matches so many different people will come to see da matches.. do i think it will host international matches... if so do u think we will be able see both india and pakistan playing.. it does not matter even if pakistan plays or not coz no body care now in pakistan...

I'm bored of this same song. Now what else a government should do? India is not a country full of poor people. Only 21% lives under poverty line. According to your idiotic argument. Government should only spend for welfare schemes of BPL people. We are a developing country and we have a lot of money:azn: there is a lot of people who can afford these transit systems. Let them have it. Or we should travel in bullock carts, since 21% of our people live in poverty? We find our own ways to do things. The poverty song is outdated since the Mars Mission:wave: The same applies to Pakistan too. Don't wait till everybody is on board or you reach the destination late.
that 21 percent is more than total pakistan's population. and many of those living above poverty line can't afford 3 meals a day.

that 21 percent is more than total pakistan's population. and many of those living above poverty line can't afford 3 meals a day.

Like has been said, the poverty rate was actually 12% in 2011 and thus is less than 10% today.

The non poor (90%+) is how many times pakistan's population?

You can look at glass half full or half empty.

And I would advise you to look at Pakistan's score in global hunger index compared to India before you talk about who can and can't afford 3 meals a day.

https://defence.pk/threads/banglade...lobal-hunger-index.455534/page-2#post-8807870

It always is fantastic to see investment in sports. However, I think South Asian crowds should be educated to
1) respect the factilities
2) respect the sports and cheer for the sports rather than nationalities (case in point is cricket crowd that greets an excellent stroke from opposition with a wall of silence as opposed to making lots of noise for their home team)

Thank you for the tag

Gurngaon is relatively new city as well , i have some relatives living there and my father has been there , lots of high rise buildings and investment it was an utopia as compare to old delhi cause delhi had no space left for such development , Gawadar can also be that alternative to Karachi , a kind of new city built from scratch

Gurngaon is relatively new city as well , i have some relatives living there and my father has been there , lots of high rise buildings and investment it was an utopia as compare to old delhi cause delhi had no space left for such development , Gawadar can also be that alternative to Karachi , a kind of new city built from scratch

Problem is that Gwadar is far from Karachi.

It can definitely be developed as port/hub as required over time....but Karachi will need proper satellite cities. This goes for any big city in developing world actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom