What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Amazing view of Bombay
clipboard012tc2.jpg

Source: 6TZKid

Re: above, thanks 4 the post, now this is serious stuff; a corp. in India caring and going the extra mile for the small minority of riders who will use this service.I use this in summer plenty of times, but I live in N. America.

I believe it's the small stuff, bike racks on buses, ... simple manners, polite and civic behavior that make a difference to be Global class place. Also the other stuff.

Idea: South Asian cities MUST allow bicycles on metro rakes for a door-to-door combo transport solution. Reserve bike lanes on roads for effectiveness.
Also popularise bicycles to metro concept with special lanes for bikes. The park the bike and ride solution is not effective, rather clutter some. A good start maybe to intro bike specials at a segregated time separate from the mostly stand-up commuters at peak rush hr. times. This would be a simple, elegant 360 % solution. Call it 'Bike-n-Ride'. Bus rapid, Rail Rapid and last mile buses must also be bike enabled, bike friendly :yahoo: .

Why not?

New proposed skyscraper in Mumbai

c111.jpg

c212i.jpg

c64y.jpg

c9ok.jpg

Current Status: [Aug, 2011] Proposed for Vijay Associates (Wadhwa) Developers, pending approval.

300meters , 80 floors "Indra tower"

Another proposed

screenshot20110426at952.png

screenshot20110426at946.png

screenshot20110426at948.png

Current Status: [Aug, 2011] Proposed for undisclosed developer, pending approval

The Trident; two buildings, one 70 floors + another 32 floors

Info from Skyscrapercity.com

Back
Top Bottom