388932_252965394761473_100001440431494_731699_8320  9630_n.jpg

(c) skyscrapercity.com

Delhi
-----

Nice vid. on Delhi:

Biz. vid. Delhi's $ Billionaires:

(c) ibn

& the bomb, new Mahindra's Maxximo Minivan, for $ 5-6000(No Typo) Only:

[video]http://ic1.maxabout.us/autos/cars_india/mahindra-15/maxximo-mini-van-868-maxximo-mini-van.jpg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
somewhere i read that india is lacking civil engineers by a big margin as per requirements....every one just goes to other fields other than civil and architecture.....india would have just bloomed up with our own signature marvels if we had some of the top architectures!!!!!!!

True.

India produces way too many engineers, architects, lawyers, accountants etc. while it needs far more mid-to-intermediate level technicians, master builders and draftsmen, para-legal's and other level professionals. I know of architects ding master builder and contractor jobs, lawyer's doing para-legal work, engineers mostly working as 'tech.' salesmen, accountants as spreadsheet jockeys etc. Too much over-the-top yet 1/2 baked 'professionals' in the professional rat race.

The giant IT services and Call Center/BPO have luckily vaccumed a hell of a lot of 'educated' chai-paani types (millions) who would otherwise be smoking, lolling and 'rioting' on the streets because of a warped sense of entitlement re: thier kooky degrees. Lucky it all worked out ok. Could have led to urban frustaration, fundamentalism even! Many get a payroll job with self improvement. I am amazed that quality and standards awareness, skills tooling and continuos self-improvement is all the rage among the youth.

So while the British built civil engg. platform (think canal digging, not skyscrapers) went from excellent to ok now, the need for armies of civil engg.'s has gone down thanks to IT and steel-concrete-labour supply scaling up. Indian cities are full of ready-mix trucks rolling on the roads. A civil engg. friend went from repair and renovation work to working on the space station program with a brief IT course :) . Really!

Signature stuff is welcome, but India has first to catch up on mass infra. highways, sewers, water, access roads, rail network, mass housing and other routine and 'boring' nonsuch.

Market is skewed and out-of-balance, it's a developing country. What about Pakistan, is there a sense of despondency and disillusionment of the type that India had a generation ago when every Bollywood movie played the blood-gore-&-rape theme up to the limits?

poverty and population plays a major role too....its good to see that govt. has introduced BPL schemes but if many people will remain unemployed in such a huge country it will act as poison coz' their food subsidised rates are getting deducted from our tax and they would be simply sitting and enjoying food from our hard earned money.....govt. has to provide umpteen opportunities to these people just like china so that a minority of them remain unemployed and thus we can save our tax and invest it into the future!!!....big population can become very useful on the basis of utilisation!!:meeting:

poverty and population plays a major role too....its good to see that govt. has introduced BPL schemes but if many people will remain unemployed in such a huge country it will act as poison coz' their food subsidised rates are getting deducted from our tax and they would be simply sitting and enjoying food from our hard earned money.....govt. has to provide umpteen opportunities to these people just like china so that a minority of them remain unemployed and thus we can save our tax and invest it into the future!!!....big population can become very useful on the basis of utilisation!!:meeting:
Making blind comments are easy, proving them is not, civil engineering is the area not liked by many students, but as construction becomes an important sector, there will more lucrative job offers and thus more people will go to these fields... As far as poverty is concerned, the only reliable yardstick I would use would be the govt one as it is calculated from all Indian census (last conducted in 2011) most others that I have come across have severe calculation problems and thus we end up with ridiculous reports like Indians 40 % people are poor or Indians have more poor than sub saharan Africa...funnily most of these grand surveys are done by outsiders (particularly British) so I definitely find a good reason why the brigades are so interested in showing India in a negative light. As of official records, if I remember correctly, the % of poor is 23%. Believe me, even if our baboons (or babus) are ineffieicient scums, there are many other policy makers who have tougher criteria... Some of which are very strict, which causes figures like 23%. Other thing I usually notice in this western survey is the usual bullcrap that 40% of Indians live in rural areas == they are poor, it is idiotic to say the least... If I talk about my village (honawar,karnataka) most of the farmers whose dads used to do ploughing,threshing etc. manually now do it mechanically, but then there are some old generation types who either cant use the machine due to lack of knowledge or they prefer doing the work themselves, mind you these people have a monthly income of 4000 rupees (we are talking about rural areas here). So poverty aspect is a dumb one, just follow the official figure of 23%. As far as education is concerned, there are talks of building some 5000 new universities in Maharashtra alone by 2020 timeframe... So toucan imagine what would be happening there in a few years. I agrees civil engineering isn't a lucrative post, period, but if infrastructure development demans more people, companies will pay good salaries and students automatically would be more interested (do you know what happened in bio tech field? It's quite similar here :))

=================================================================================
Patentneer, you are really annoying, trolling is not really a good habit, and please speak to learn I would really appreciate it, living in kaneda, you might not be able to see things clearly, just saying :rolleyes:

Taxi-Green-Mumbai-futuristic-urban-vehicle-02.jpg

^^^

And where will the driver mc-bc sleep?

Are airy-fairy designer's out of touch with reality to the extent that they don't realize the obvious. The auto is not just employment, but a viable habitat for the driver. The driver seat and area is designed in ignorance of this basic yet urban survival side benefit of auto eco-system, driver et al.

Needs some design modification to accommodate driver lifestyle 'majboori' (challenges) in packed, often ghetto like yet customer rich urban cores of Indian sub-continent.

Care to provide the link? And cut the crap, we are here to see the photos not a page long rant that is not even understandable

^^^yo man its ok but you're quite rude!:confused:
It's not my job to be gentle towards trolls, patent is a well known troll in SSCI and barely contributes anything useful... Don't post half baked rants if you have no clue what you are talking about

It's not my job to be gentle towards trolls, patent is a well known troll in SSCI and barely contributes anything useful... Don't post half baked rants if you have no clue what you are talking about

Re: civil engg., the field has acuired a rotten reputation also, sleazy and corrupt. Movie 3 idiots was 1 example where Aamir Khan was a proxy student for his master who played the dirty contrats game.

@ Shaurya, BEHAVE!

Please invest your time in proper English courses to improve writing skills. Focus on grammer, punctuation and comprehension. Try using spell-checker.

Slander, false charges and personal snark attacks have got you barred before.
Your posts have been deleted in several forums by mods. You smack of needless nationalism, we've told you we are not that kind of thread. Sorry Shaurya.

Forumers: Shaurya IS THE troll, best to ignore ;) .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom